Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I'd like to ask you guys to clean up a bit, in terms of content you shouldn't be using. I see you already got rid of our (Atlantis) grass tile, but it's still left in other tiles, like the path edges (grass to dirt tiles). Also, I wonder where in hell's name you got that bush, but I hope you realize that you can't use it. I'd rather not go into detail, but I will if necessary.

Edit: The door, too. Second and third frame of that double door open animation features our (Atlantis) double door. I'm flattered, but please don't use them.
I can't speak for any of it but the last one. That door I took from an image and editted a straight closed door myself about 3-4 years ago. And I'm being serious.

The other stuff may very well be. I have to get with Decus I'm not sure to be honest, but the door for sure I editted myself from a straight closed door image we made a long long time ago. I in fact, absolutely, did not steal those frames, because, to be clear again, I made them myself. I thought they were pretty crappy and was hoping they'd get replaced to be honest...
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 01-13-2013, 03:07 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Hm, maybe they just looked the same. Didn't look into the door too much. Check out the church door in at_tiles.png though.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Cyril Rain
They are quite similiar, but I can actually promise on all I've made so far I did that gani and the open image parts from a closed image myself.

I do appreciate the stuff on release for atlantis though (scripting-wise) as it has saved me quite a bit of time (and dusty's).

I also know we did some dumb stuff in the past. We've been trying to clean it up and really now that I'm not a drunk all the time it's a bit embarassing that I would blatantly say stuff wasn't taken when I honestly didn't really know most of the time (I rarely touch images). We are in fact trying to clean up all that crap out of our stuff though, just missed it I guess.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:47 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
No offense taken. I like Roak's direction. Keep up the nice work.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:05 PM
Armageddon Son
Decus_Arillias is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'd like to ask you guys to clean up a bit, in terms of content you shouldn't be using. I see you already got rid of our (Atlantis) grass tile, but it's still left in other tiles, like the path edges (grass to dirt tiles). Also, I wonder where in hell's name you got that bush, but I hope you realize that you can't use it. I'd rather not go into detail, but I will if necessary.

Edit: The door, too. Second and third frame of that double door open animation features our (Atlantis) double door. I'm flattered, but please don't use them.
we've been cleaning up for the past 2 months, almost everything has been redone. almost. we're getting there. We had a horrible run with staff, as far as content goes, on our last run.

Btw the bush, its from Angelus Zelda tiles.
Isaiah 41:10
Old 01-13-2013, 05:11 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decus_Arillias View Post
Btw the bush, its from Angelus Zelda tiles.
Yea, I know. Did he ever agree for them to be used elsewhere?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Armageddon Son
Quote:

Quote:
Yea, I know. Did he ever agree for them to be used elsewhere?
We're aware of that. I was letting you know, we know.

Everything listed here, i just took care of. Thank you for pointing these out, because some of the tiles, like the dirt trim, was overlooked.

Last edited by Decus_Arillias; 01-13-2013 at 06:46 PM.. Reason: Deleted msg + update
Old 01-14-2013, 04:46 AM
Cyril Rain
I'm sorry to say to the Roak "fans" that I (and Decus) will not be continuing to make Roak any longer. We want to move on to better things (as most developers that have been doing this a while) like our own games and such instead of rushing to finish a server, that we paid for, in a certain amount of time to probably not play it too long after it's released. The cost isn't worth it, and it's really a waste of time.

I do want to thank the community and it's support and help for the people who did so. Some of you guys have been there for us, especially and mostly me, when we really needed you. I want to give a HUGE shout out to Deas. He is the most awesome staff person we've had, by far the most active (he lasted this entire time, not just a week or month like most, and has been there every time we've done this), and is simply a nice, helpful person. We've been greatful to have your help bud.

I'm releasing the code on our server. A few to note:
-System/ChatBox; It's done and pretty awesome. It has an auto fade and shows up messages per category. It mas mass, tell to player, guild message (even toguild, and system message, and it works pretty well. There is also a link for each player that uses it on their account name to bring up a custom profile (you could change it to default easily). The only issue I know of is bringing up the profile HAS to be the exact account name, and it's not always showing up that way (upper/lowercase). Easy to fix.

-System/NPCDialog and -System/QuestTracker; Using fowlplays movement script serverside for npcs, they move, stop, you can have text, and it very confusingly can add quests, and give the prize. Quests MUST be set up in sql for it to work and you have to notice the correlation (rowid and name are primarily used). It's not bug free because I just finished it yesterday, but it works so far. Can have 1 quest per npc, 1 prize for the quest, and regular chat with no quest, or to set after the quest is complete as well. Completed quests do not show up in the gui like active ones. I never got around to that.
If you use this out of the box so to speak you will also need items set up like the weapon "Item/Red Gem".

-Theres a war system that uses a weapon, npcdb, and class. It's pretty cool and I honestly can't remember if fowlplay or mallard made it for us, but it was one of them.

-System/Mailbox; Originally made by switch. I editted it to where you can send/receive items and rupees

-System/Movement; It has dash, run, sword charge/swing like lttp, and swimming with underwater. What more do you need?

Those are my most prized codes, mostly done by me except what is said above. There is a lot of other stuff like boomerang, hookshot (wasn't finished with images and the chain), ect. Hopefully this helps someone who wants it. I've also included all our ganis as some of the movement and other scripts require ganis with the code in them.

I do want to say one thing before I go. Please note, I am not talking about all of you and I'm not defending what I defended in the past years, but at the same time remember you guys are a community. One of the reasons I'm stopping is some people in this community. While server sharing and such is frowned upon by anyone including myself, a few things here or there, especially small things, shouldn't be such a big deal. In the whole of things, Graal owns everything uploaded, not Roak, not Classic, not any server. I'm not saying everyone should be able to use everything but small and stupid things is ridiculous. Be a community and encourage people, give TRUE constructive criticism, and use forum PMs for stuff that is along the lines on accusations for goodness sake. There is a huge difference between being genuinely concerned about things wrong on a server and complaining publicly about stuff. This is a rough community for such a small group sometimes, don't be so uninviting. Again I'm not necessarily talking about everyone and I'm not pinpointing things on recent events necessarily, except a little, and many previous things. By the way, many community leaders have extremely close things to lttp on their tilesets. I'm such a nice guy I won't embarass you two or three, but it's definitely not the people you'd think. If you compare the images, they are extremely close, closer than some we've been accused of.

Anyways, here is my stuff. Most of it works. Have fun.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RoakNPCs.zip (369.3 KB, 194 views)

Last edited by sssssssssss; 01-14-2013 at 04:57 AM..
Old 01-14-2013, 04:56 AM
Armageddon Son
We're also releasing the images we have. I didn't feel like finishing this compile of images, so here it is. We have much more if you log on Roak, all images, i'm releasing to the graal community.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:53 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Well that sucks, I was looking forward to the server

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 01-14-2013, 09:58 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Meh.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to hear this, but I can't say I blame you (especially with Graal in its current state). Good luck in future projects!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Lol
Old 01-15-2013, 01:16 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Damn. That's unfortunate. :[
Old 01-15-2013, 04:05 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
rekt

get ****ed

SDE SON