Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2014, 08:27 PM
paintballdude956 will become famous soon enough
This list isn't based off of "hard" statistics because those are mostly worthless in determining skill. They're based on my observations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
I would have to strongly disagree a lot with your rankings.

Corey can dominate me 65% of the time we spar or we manage to get each other VERY low and one of us will get away with a sneaky wall to win.
EP, the kid is utter garbage (when dusk isn't on his account and even when he is I still manage to beat him 10-3 in our series)
Lamo is really bad, I probably flawless him 3 out of 5 spars.
Sabo is definitely a top 10-20 player but I feel he might be ranked a little low.

I think you should give yourself some recognition, even not sparring or PKing for a few months like myself (We've still managed to have spars that remind me a lot of my spars with Corey)

It's a sad moment when I have sat here for the past 10 minutes trying to think of my own top 5 and in all honesty all I can think of is;

1) Corey
2) Dusk/Myself
3) Ishmael
4) Jesse4Life
5) No one else comes to mind
I might be somewhere on the top 5 if I focused on PKing again.
Jesse is close to the top 5. Lamo is good though. Just because you beat him consistently doesn't mean he's bad. Some peoples' styles match up weird ways.
My list was based on my observations overall; it's not based on spars against a single person (which your list seems to be based on).
Dusk is banned too, so he's not on my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
And Lmao?

Top 5 though:
1. Wil
2. Corey
T-3. Every/anyone from Mercenary/X-Faction
4. Dusk
5. Everyone else
Active players tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Mercenary? Good to see what me & corey created gets a mention but certainly not the new mercenary noobs, the old mercenary. Me, clay, wil, corey & few others were the real Mercenary crew.

Why is EP higher than Corey? & how come godzilla is third? Take away his aussie lag and he would just be another rogue. (soz but true)
EP's better than Corey, in my opinion. That's all this list is in the end And this isn't a list minus laggers like I'd prefer because of the low playercount. You're not on the list because you're not really all that active.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:10 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballdude956 View Post
This list isn't based off of "hard" statistics because those are mostly worthless in determining skill. They're based on my observations.

I might be somewhere on the top 5 if I focused on PKing again.
Jesse is close to the top 5. Lamo is good though. Just because you beat him consistently doesn't mean he's bad. Some peoples' styles match up weird ways.
My list was based on my observations overall; it's not based on spars against a single person (which your list seems to be based on).
Dusk is banned too, so he's not on my list.

Active players tho

EP's better than Corey, in my opinion. That's all this list is in the end And this isn't a list minus laggers like I'd prefer because of the low playercount. You're not on the list because you're not really all that active.
EP better than Corey, i highly doubt that.. I am better than EP and Corey is better than me most of the time Lol EP is dusk most of the time, hence why he betspared GF Jeff. He pmed me on EP to tell me what happened so i know for a fact it's dusk. Lol

I wasn't bothered about not being on the list. Power rankings are meaningless and pointless. Nobody even reads the forums.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Am I going to have to log in to find out who EP is?
Old 09-22-2014, 07:32 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Graal###### I don't know he just randomly started being a person I noticed around Era.
Graal###### worst idea ever, they all look the same, can't tell one person from the next.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:28 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
noobs
Old 09-22-2014, 10:04 PM
Grimm753 is on a distinguished road
Fiber, i'd love if you logged in just to be in our presence once again. Miss u babe <3
Old 09-22-2014, 10:11 PM
Grimm753 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballdude956 View Post
. Some peoples' styles match up weird ways.
^ This.

Certain playstyles fair well against others, and certain playstyles don't fair well against others. We all have our weaknesses, EP's no different.

I've seen him get stomped flat versus particular styles, yet at the same time i've seen him do a lot of mass-murdering because he is really great at his own playstyle. EP beats up on me quite a bit in spars, yet I have managed to get him on several occasions by mixing up my own tactics. Whereas if I play against someone of equal regards with a different style, I fair better.

FYI, I despise EP, so inb4 someone says i'm sucking hind-tit.

I've also noticed throughout my years on Era that some players have a ridiculously great reaction time and predict opponent's movements to a T.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:45 AM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Awesome, finally a discussion I'd enjoy getting in on.

I think generally, EP is probably the best 'player' on Era right now, if he is active. Corey can beat more players, more consistently than EP can. However, EP's style is problematic for Corey. In addition, EP can also beat many players consistently, and the difference between the number [of players] he can beat and those Corey can beat is not sufficient to warrant Corey being better than him. That may, perhaps, be due to the diminishing talent on Era, but it is what it is.

That being said, the best 'player' on era title really does not mean much now, since the difference between players has drastically declined. It's not like you any longer have good players, then some godmode player. Given my absence, and that of other notable players, what was regarded as garbage is now acceptable, and what was acceptable, exceptional. As for what was exceptional? Extinct.

In all, well-done EP. By having a presence in regular PK, as well as in sparring, you've taken over meng. I promise I will not rain on your parade. Not any time soon, at least. It seems like this past month and a half was apparently what they regard here at Harvard as 'light' weeks.

@Grim: Era has had three categories of players with exceptional talent in the past. The weakest of these were those who could shoot often, but do so effectively [spray and pray, Salesman, Tk, etc]. Distinctly, those who shot infrequently, but were precise in their shooting [Bloodwork, etc]. The last, those who could shoot frequently, but shoot precisely [Soul Family members, for the most part]

Not toot my own horn, but I think I was the only player that mastered that category in its entirety, and, as a result, I could often shift my style to use a combination of moves from all three categories. I am impressed to see quite a few players have learned it recently [Lust, Corey], but they're all still too slow and predictable to counteract sprayers [first category] like EP. In either case, things look interesting.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 09-27-2014, 03:14 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
Not toot my own horn, but I think I was the only player that mastered that category in its entirety, and, as a result, I could often shift my style to use a combination of moves from all three categories. I am impressed to see quite a few players have learned it recently [Lust, Corey], but they're all still too slow and predictable to counteract sprayers [first category] like EP. In either case, things look interesting.
I seem to recall FJ sparring 'decent' players using a handgun and making every single shot hit while avoiding all of their spraying. He was also pretty good at using the dual handguns glitch where if both bullets hit it did double damage.
NYChris also did something similar on a few occasions.

But back then walk speed was slower and guns as a whole were a lot slower and froze more than they do today. So it's hard to compare.

I would love to see how Godzilla and I played if we didn't have any lag. Sure, we have a delay, but we also have to anticipate the movements of the other player by exactly the same extra amount of time that they need to anticipate our movements in order to hit us.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:25 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Not to toot my own horn
hue

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:12 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
You guys are dumb.. It's dusk on EP's account.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
I seem to recall FJ sparring 'decent' players using a handgun and making every single shot hit while avoiding all of their spraying. He was also pretty good at using the dual handguns glitch where if both bullets hit it did double damage.
NYChris also did something similar on a few occasions.

But back then walk speed was slower and guns as a whole were a lot slower and froze more than they do today. So it's hard to compare.

I would love to see how Godzilla and I played if we didn't have any lag. Sure, we have a delay, but we also have to anticipate the movements of the other player by exactly the same extra amount of time that they need to anticipate our movements in order to hit us.
Hm, I do not recall much about FJ. At the time I started, he was practically gone, so I cannot really comment on what you say about him. NYChris was good at shooting a lot, but making it count. I consider him category 2. As for Godzilla (I don't remember much about you pking/sparring), I do not think his lag dissappearing will propel him any further. He's too slow. Well, maybe that's just compared to me. I do see him smacking other players around often.

@Koho: If it is Dusk on EP's account, then well, I guess Dusk is currently best. In either case, whoever is the player who is on EP's account seems to run Era right now.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 09-27-2014, 04:25 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
In either case, whoever is the player who is on EP's account seems to run Era right now.
All 8 pkers of it!
Old 09-27-2014, 11:23 PM
ikr.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:50 AM
Mr. Steal Yo Girl
Gambet1337 is an unknown quantity at this point
you guys are all trash. im #1