Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2014, 01:14 AM
Dr. Almost Evil
swift is an unknown quantity at this point
Moving Forward with Gangs

Hey all, swift here.

As recently being appointed the new Gang Admin, my priority is mainly figuring out new ways to encourage gang activity while giving proper incentive and reward (although it shouldn't even require incentive).

As we all know, for the past couple of months gangs have become so dry and boring due to the lack of constant gang activity. Competition between players doesn't really exist anymore.

This system would be recycling some old aspects of Era while introducing some fresh new ideas to the mix.

So lets get right down to it:

I want to open a new shop that would be located in Era Mafia with a
couple NPCs. The shop would be basically an underground hidden Gang Hideout with some mobster NPCs and a Crime Boss.

Gang players enter the hideout and speak to the boss and he would
give gang players daily Gang Missions.
My thoughts at the moment would total to about 3 daily gang missions to do the following:

1: Kill a set amount of gang players for the day (probably like 20-30
or so).
2: Be on gang tag in an active gang base for at least 1 hour.
3: Capture 3 active gang base nodes/locations for your gang.

Each of these missions would award 1 Gang Merit, and the merits
would be used to buy a lot of useful items and powerful weapons in
the shop.

=======
Here are some of my ideas / examples of these items:

- Unlimited Ammo for a week
- +10 HP for a week
- +5 Healing in beds for a week
- permanent NON-TRADABLE powerful to mid-grade gang weapons for individual players.
- MVP Coins used in current MVP gang shop (for a much higher exchange value)
- New Powerful Melee weapons
- New Unique gang hats for players
- And my final idea: A "Rare Rose" (about 100 merits)
=======

Now to conclude the basic idea for the shop, it would be something
that would add a new "grind" to gangs, and it would promote more
activity to gangs for the simple thought that people would need to be
an active gang member in order to achieve these rewards, which would promote raiding.

Players would only be able to earn 3 merits a day, making sure that
no one can farm this system for 2 weeks and be done with the shop.

================
Part 2:

Now, on to the "Rose" item.

The player would purchase the Rose (a lot of merits), and turn it into the Crime Boss. This would unlock a new gang quest that you could do with 3-5 other of your gang members.

This would be a 1 time daily quest where you can attempt to rob a
bank and earn some money for yourself, along with awarding a couple extra gang merits per day.

If you fail, then you lose your attempt for the day.
If you succeed, there would be a bit of a chance ratio along with how well you do in the actual quest to determine how much money you earn from the bank heist.

Ultimately this creates 2 new great features to encourage more
activity for gangs. This creates new content for gang players as well by being something to "daily grind" for new rewards.

As time goes on, the development staff in the future will have the option to work on more quests to add, and by simply adding a new buyable "gang relic" to offer to the Crime Boss this would unlock the newly added quests.
This could offer new rewards, or just increase the amount of daily merits you can earn each day.

This concludes my current idea for this system, and I am openly taking thoughts and ideas on this!

What could be added? What could be taken out? Please let me know!
Chris Vimes (Wed Dec 02 22:16:19 2009): id stab you if
i met you irl
Old 10-04-2014, 01:38 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Sounds great.

I feel like the only way we could release more guns, with better stats as an incentive for people to play in gangs is if everything became more easily access-able though.

Jobs paid more, Guns costed less, certain guns could only be obtained from stores via ECs, MVPs, Achievement Coins, Merit Points, Street Cred etc
Old 10-04-2014, 04:10 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Giving a gang more of an advantage for already being the best gang (ammo + health + powerful melee) doesn't promote activity.
It discourages other people from competing beause they're already at a disdvantage.

Youre not going to improve the gang system by making people need to invest more in it.
The future of Era is in pick up and play.
And that's not entirely gang specific, it will probably take a server wide revamp to make everything more accessible and instantly gratifying/rewarding for taking part in gang PKing. Note: "Instantly", not at the end of the week, because I might not even play next week, and if I do I don't want to be fighting guys that have more health and heal faster than I do.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:39 AM
Dr. Almost Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Giving a gang more of an advantage for already being the best gang (ammo + health + powerful melee) doesn't promote activity.
It discourages other people from competing beause they're already at a disdvantage.
It won't be hard for every gang member (who plays on an active basis) to acquire all of these benefits.

What makes you think 1 gang will have all these benefits compared to everyone else?
i met you irl
Old 10-04-2014, 06:00 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds complex and hardly gang related; short of having to be on gang-tag to complete the tasks... none of these things actually promote being apart of a gang, they almost sound like achievements.

So you want me to grind everyday, to unlock more things to grind, and in the end I might get some worthless money that I could've just ground for in the first place if it wasn't already just a useless measuring device for the value of all the items I already own. Right?

Think about this from the perspective of the player. @your concept
Does this make me a better player? @It doesn't.
Does this benefit/improve my gang? @It doesn't.
Does this provide me with something unique? @It doesn't.

So is it worth spending time on? @No.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:19 AM
Dr. Almost Evil
Not every other player has absurd amount of items and can pick a gun out of their glorious inventory of over powered weapons.

This is to provide something for new/newer players, give them hope into earning a better weapon without having to dig / mine / pick flowers for 3 weeks straight.

At the same time it introduces them to gangs, and has potential of rewarding them while actually playing the game instead of trying to have a job in a virtual world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Does this make me a better player? @It doesn't.
never has, never will. ez.

There's plenty of new players who would love to see something like this.
That perspective you described would be of the lazy rich Era players who already have everything.
i met you irl
Old 10-04-2014, 06:25 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by swift View Post
Not every other player has absurd amount of items and can pick a gun out of their glorious inventory of over powered weapons.

This is to provide something for new/newer players, give them hope into earning a better weapon without having to dig / mine / pick flowers for 3 weeks straight.
Do This.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:36 AM
Dr. Almost Evil
You think the current players would just be okay with us taking all their guns/weapons away to implement a system like that?

Not a snowball's chance in hell.

That idea would require a full reset which seems completely impossible at this point. (unfortunately), and I would honestly love to play that version of Era myself.

We should focus on the current state of Era and it's playercount. I think there is a big misconception for a lot of people who post on these forums.
If we continue to make the game more and more exclusive by only tending to the older players (how it's always been) then the playercount will continue to deteriorate.

There's completely no chance of survival for ANY new players nowadays. The gap is far too wide, unless we add simplicity for newer players to get themselves started.
i met you irl
Old 10-04-2014, 06:48 AM
Inari is on a distinguished road
I kinda liked the old system, where there were gang mines and each gang had its own speciality, some had some special gun. Tachi had its potion thingy or what that was, etc. What happened to that? (Haven't really played Era much these days xD)
Old 10-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Zelot is on a distinguished road
I really like this idea, especially the quest that will make taking the node in the gangbase worth it. It should be "Capture an Active node for X Minutes" though. I feel like this would be a step in the right direction.

I do like Rogue's idea as well, but sadly as far as I know Era isn't reset-able.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by swift View Post
You think the current players would just be okay with us taking all their guns/weapons away to implement a system like that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelot View Post
I do like Rogue's idea as well, but sadly as far as I know Era isn't reset-able.
That's not their choice. Their account and all property on it is only a temporary rental from GraalOnline.

The player in-charge of the server and the management of its content is fully with-in his/her right to equally reset all items of a type (such as Guns/), or the server as a whole.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Inari is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That's not their choice. Their account and all property on it is only a temporary rental from GraalOnline.

The player in-charge of the server and the management of its content is fully with-in his/her right to equally reset all items of a type (such as Guns/), or the server as a whole.
Well it would be their choice to stop playing xD
Old 10-04-2014, 06:05 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inari View Post
Well it would be their choice to stop playing xD
Correct.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Zelot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So when the whole point of the staff team currently is to keep players playing and bring back old ones, you think doing something that's a direct 180 of what players want and decreasing the amount of Graal#s that are playing would bring back older players?
The game would die off even faster.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
I'd be willing to give up my stuff for this. It sounds way more fun than idling all day.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.