Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 05:44 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
GIANT Block of Doom

Okay, so it's a small block, but at least I have your attention, now

Anyway, this weird thing has been happening lately on Era to me. My character on the clientside is a block o.O (see image comparisons)

Specifically on Era, this would occur if a GP is in zoom 0 and/or alpha 0. As you can see on the TSAdmin screen, I tried setting the alpha and zooms, but the result didn't change, and remains the same in the Graal720675 screen :s Any idea's?

Side Note: A lot of weird things have actually been happening on different servers as I log into them with my Observer Mode-bound Graal###account. One of which is when I created it, and logged onto Zodiac, naturally that was the first time it had logged onto that server with this account but I started in the last position and level that I logged off at with a Guest (pc:###) account o_o
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	idkwtf.PNG
Views:	530
Size:	552.7 KB
ID:	45579   Click image for larger version

Name:	idkwtf2.PNG
Views:	528
Size:	310.8 KB
ID:	45580  
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 08-12-2008, 05:50 AM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Side Note: A lot of weird things have actually been happening on different servers as I log into them with my Observer Mode-bound Graal###account. One of which is when I created it, and logged onto Zodiac, naturally that was the first time it had logged onto that server with this account but I started in the last position and level that I logged off at with a Guest (pc:###) account o_o
That's intentionally. It's so you can play as guest for a while and if you like it you register a account and get to continue were you were. It's because of hte PC-id that this is possible. If it works after you registered the account it must be a bug OR the client gets refered to the last logged in trial-account with same PC-id when played as guest.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umat View Post
That's intentionally. It's so you can play as guest for a while and if you like it you register a account and get to continue were you were. It's because of hte PC-id that this is possible. If it works after you registered the account it must be a bug OR the client gets refered to the last logged in trial-account with same PC-id when played as guest.
This is correct, that I did register this account. Yes I must upgrade to Gold to choose a community name for it, sure, but it is a registered account with e-mail association :s I shall see what more info I can get from this, but it's only happened once (First login with it on that specific server)
Old 08-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Hmmm looks more like a script problem somehow. Can you move around as block?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Forum Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Hmmm looks more like a script problem somehow. Can you move around as block?
Yes. When I move around, the block delays by about 0.5 seconds behind the actual position of my character.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Forum Moderator
Well, since I never got a reply after replying to Stefan's question, thought I might bump this since it is still happening. I recently made a WNPC that has helped me at least know where I am on the screen

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {

setTimer(0.05);
}

function 
onTimeOut() {

showani(200player.xplayer.yplayer.dirplayer.ani);

showtext(201screenwidth 105"arial""br""Block Fix Mode");

changeimgvis(2001);

changeimgvis(2015);

changeimgzoom(2010.5);

setTimer(0.05);

But the block is still there regardless (See Image).

Sooooo.... Yes, I can see the block move around (Video below) and it randomly happens. However, the rare part is it not happening, so this happens more often than not.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvW_DW-jeTY
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	StupidBlockiness.PNG
Views:	480
Size:	361.5 KB
ID:	45842  
Old 09-11-2008, 04:25 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
I had that issue on Era when messing with either my alpha or my zoom. Try resetting your player.attr[24] or player.attr[23], I can't remember where that stuff is stored.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:00 AM
Forum Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I had that issue on Era when messing with either my alpha or my zoom. Try resetting your player.attr[24] or player.attr[23], I can't remember where that stuff is stored.
Tried it and nothing worked ;[
Old 09-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
I do Technical Support for a living and the following is my suggestions for fixing/isolating the problem.

Copy all of the attributes/items/stats associated with this character and then try doing a full reset of the account. If the problem persists then you know it's not a scripting problem. If it fixes itself then you know it's something to do with the server.

You can then try and past in all the attributes and see if the problem reappears. If it doesn't then you know it's not an attribute.

Assuming it's not an attribute do the same thing for the weapons/items that your character has.

Just keep adding sections back until the problem resurfaces. If you add a section back in and the problem reappears delete that section again and see if the problem goes away again.

If it does try adding each item or attibute individually until the problem reappears.

In between adding/removing sections try moving around and logging out and back in the game to see if it makes any difference.

This should isolate the problem and make fixing it easier as we'll know if it's something Stefan needs to take care of or a specific script that needs to be fixed on the server.

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 09-30-2008, 06:59 AM
Forum Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by draygin View Post
I do Technical Support for a living and the following is my suggestions for fixing/isolating the problem.

Copy all of the attributes/items/stats associated with this character and then try doing a full reset of the account. If the problem persists then you know it's not a scripting problem. If it fixes itself then you know it's something to do with the server.

You can then try and past in all the attributes and see if the problem reappears. If it doesn't then you know it's not an attribute.

Assuming it's not an attribute do the same thing for the weapons/items that your character has.

Just keep adding sections back until the problem resurfaces. If you add a section back in and the problem reappears delete that section again and see if the problem goes away again.

If it does try adding each item or attibute individually until the problem reappears.

In between adding/removing sections try moving around and logging out and back in the game to see if it makes any difference.

This should isolate the problem and make fixing it easier as we'll know if it's something Stefan needs to take care of or a specific script that needs to be fixed on the server.
Thanks for the suggestion. That's not half bad at all. I don't have time to do it right this minute, but your logic pretty much states it's own outcomes regardless of "oh it worked" or "oh it didn't work", so I'll find a moment and give it a shot, and just Rep++ you ahead of schedule.