Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 08:43 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
I didn't direct nothing at you. Maybe you need to learn how to read?
Oh sorry, I just thought the fact that you quoted me and didn't address anyone in particular by name meant that you were talking to me.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:45 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
Oh sorry, I just thought the fact that you quoted me and didn't address anyone in particular by name meant that you were talking to me.
I actually didn't mean to quote you. Retard moment.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:50 PM
Well, putting that aside, Having PRs around for when they actually do have work to do couldn't hurt. I also don't think gun skins are hurting anything. Everyone likes different stuff.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Well, putting that aside, Having PRs around for when they actually do have work to do couldn't hurt. I also don't think gun skins are hurting anything. Everyone likes different stuff.
The work they do could be done by an Admin or somebody on the development team. Let's face it, PR work is not hard, you just have to dig up a few logs. Takes a few mins at most.

Most of the development team just warp around unstick not knowing what to do, i could name but i wouldn't do that. Nothing wrong with giving them PR rights to give them something to do when they aren't development and yeah i'm pretty sure they aren't most of the time.

Gun skins, whatever but all this fuss about it? That's when it's laughable. It's a gun skin man, what the hell is all the fuss about? Who cares ffs, nothing stoping people changing their gun skins in their graal folders they can have any skin they want...
Old 01-13-2014, 09:39 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Actually you can't edit the GFX on Era any more if I'm not mistaken, you get DCed and I think it alerts RC? Not sure, but if the file is changed it's a no no, and holy crap you guys are arguing about stupid things. Where are the Forum mods?

As for Pink gun skins?
Old 01-13-2014, 09:50 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
The work they do could be done by an Admin or somebody on the development team. Let's face it, PR work is not hard, you just have to dig up a few logs. Takes a few mins at most.
In my opinion I believe PR's to play a prime role on Era. If I work on the development team, why would I lookup logs if I'm here to develop? (That's getting back to the previous point from a page earlier)

PR's deal with the small problems and help/lead on larger player related problems/issues Admins and Development staff might not have time for or want to deal with. (Note: most (if not all) current admins are developers)
Old 01-13-2014, 10:08 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
Actually you can't edit the GFX on Era any more if I'm not mistaken, you get DCed and I think it alerts RC?
That only happens on doors if I remember correctly.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
That only happens on doors if I remember correctly.
I thought it was trees and bullets too.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
In my opinion I believe PR's to play a prime role on Era. If I work on the development team, why would I lookup logs if I'm here to develop? (That's getting back to the previous point from a page earlier)

PR's deal with the small problems and help/lead on larger player related problems/issues Admins and Development staff might not have time for or want to deal with. (Note: most (if not all) current admins are developers)
They don't really to be honest. Usually what happens is they are told to do the dirty work while you guys talk away on RC and fiddle with your thumbs. You guys don't develop 24/7, let's not act like you do. I know a lot of developers who don't do much at all. That have time to do PR roles. It's simple, scrap the PR role and give the developers PR rights. Hire some kiddies with the FAQ and they can direct the problems to an admin, or support system. Not hard.

You are here to develop but as an admin, i'm pretty sure it's your duty to do other roles. If you can't accept doing that, then i wouldn't have you on my team. And don't come back with 'Oh then we wouldn't have any dev team because they wouldn't do it' We all know you guys will clean the floors with a toothbrush to keep your RC and rights.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:30 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I thought it was trees and bullets too.
I'm not 100% sure, I know it had to do with people deleting files to make them invisible to walk through doors or trees. At the moment though, I don't think it makes a difference since most things on Era have a set shape even without the image.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:31 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
They don't really to be honest. Usually what happens is they are told to do the dirty work while you guys talk away on RC and fiddle with your thumbs. You guys don't develop 24/7, let's not act like you do. I know a lot of developers who don't do much at all. That have time to do PR roles. It's simple, scrap the PR role and give the developers PR rights. Hire some kiddies with the FAQ and they can direct the problems to an admin, or support system. Not hard.

You are here to develop but as an admin, i'm pretty sure it's your duty to do other roles. If you can't accept doing that, then i wouldn't have you on my team. And don't come back with 'Oh then we wouldn't have any dev team because they wouldn't do it' We all know you guys will clean the floors with a toothbrush to keep your RC and rights.
Good luck with that buddy.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Good luck with that buddy.
I don't need any luck, pretty sure era needs all the luck in the world right now. I haven't seen a successful management team in place yet. The most unprofessional server i have ever witnessed. Half the management is against each other Lol Nothing will ever be run correctly until yourselves (PWA) put constant pressure on them to make sure things are running as professional as can be.

The amount of abusing, abuse, and corruption within the management is horrendous. The only way this server has a future if the PWA get on regularly and make sure they stay in line and make sure their projects are being finished (correctly).

But hey, that's another rant.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:49 AM
a true gentlemen
I would just like to point out that when I am online, I am always working on something.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:56 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
REP ++ @ Kohola
Old 01-14-2014, 01:05 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I am always working on something that doesn't work.
U wot...

The new gang doors are annoying, and don't work. There's more bugs now than usable functionality. Would've been best just re-adding the AG-Lock buff somewhere. But if you insist; things to fix:

-Opening the door as it is destroyed causes it to never re-spawn... ever. (Difficult to do, or replicate.. but I got it to happen on 2 different doors)
-The Heal thing is silly, I'd rather be able to break the door as intended than run up and grab it to sit there reloading. Beyond this, it doesn't even work. I smacked a door until my chat (lol chat checks) said 1000 health earlier; a player then shot it one time, 980.. after a second of waiting it 'healed' itself back to 350.
-Some doors, like elevator or the 'cage' doors blocking strategic locations were never meant to be able to grab-open. Easily abused.

Your spar is/has been blocked off, the fact that you have a command there to ":fix" something is pretty bad... dunno the deal with this though.

TTS still needs to be refined, could always start with that. It's laggy with all the conflicting npcs, still gets bugged (another ":reset" command of sorts), and isn't the proper arena size.

-----

As far as disagreeing with Koho goes, I love it. Though I have to point out that half the administration, or even the whole thing? (cept Blue) is a bunch of players who failed to be Managers already. A bunch of people who didn't get anything done are teamed up to do nothing; and you wonder why nothing gets done.
This is the equivalent to continuously making Reese a PR. He has never opened a single log in his life, nor logged in for more than an hour a week since 2009 (when he lost GRC), yet he has been removed and rehired over 4? 5? times in that span.

If u don't add any spice to the same old food it gets boring after awhile.