Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 09:07 PM
JinChill
mattdapimp has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to mattdapimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
1) A lot of us don't want to use v6.
2) A lot of the money is currently coming from iClassic and iEra (both which you can access through FB). To put it into perspective, at almost any given time both servers have 1k each. Both work on micro-transactions...you do the math. ;p
It's understandable why not many people at the present time want to use v6. In the state it was released even as beta, they should have called it v4 in my opinion being that it is more of a downgrade than an upgrade. I also understand that Stefan/Unixmad is making a lot of money of the Iphone/FB servers resulting in poor service for PC Graal.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:17 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdapimp View Post
It's understandable why not many people at the present time want to use v6. In the state it was released even as beta, they should have called it v4 in my opinion being that it is more of a downgrade than an upgrade. I also understand that Stefan/Unixmad is making a lot of money of the Iphone/FB servers resulting in poor service for PC Graal.
I liked v4 more than v5. v5 was cool because the PM windows used the forum icons, which meant snuck its way in!
Old 08-12-2012, 10:05 PM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I liked v4 more than v5. v5 was cool because the PM windows used the forum icons, which meant snuck its way in!
The version I'm most familiar with is v2, and I absolutely loved that version the most.

v3 reminds me of the current v6-a lot of bugs, and never really made a full release.

v4, I don't even remember this one... no idea why. I think v5 overtook it really soon.

TSAdmin posted pictures of client logins v2-v5 (link)

Old 08-12-2012, 11:32 PM
JinChill
mattdapimp has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to mattdapimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono1508 View Post
The version I'm most familiar with is v2, and I absolutely loved that version the most.

v3 reminds me of the current v6-a lot of bugs, and never really made a full release.

v4, I don't even remember this one... no idea why. I think v5 overtook it really soon.

TSAdmin posted pictures of client logins v2-v5 (link)
Oh my.. The sweet memories of v2.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:17 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
God I miss the looks of v2.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-13-2012, 02:29 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Everything was better in green.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:02 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Just do what Era does and force them to upgrade by restricting certain features of the game to only work on v6.

Quote:
v6: 44 (57%), v5: 33 (42%)
Old 08-13-2012, 03:17 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Just do what Era does and force them to upgrade by restricting certain features of the game to only work on v6.
Not really a solution to the problem. V6 isn't exactly "completed" at the moment so forcing them to upgrade or restricting players from certain features isn't all that fair.

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 08-13-2012, 03:25 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon551 View Post
Not really a solution to the problem. V6 isn't exactly "completed" at the moment so forcing them to upgrade or restricting players from certain features isn't all that fair.
I want more users actually using it to gain more support to hopefully get it closer to a full release. Hopefully being the keyword, of course.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:16 AM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
v5 is hardly a complete package. I don't see any bugs that are so tedious on v6 to prevent it from just replacing v5. However, I can't even tell if Stefan has been making any progress with v6 recently... and we're still stuck with an UGLY, poorly designed website.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Enraged User
CrypticMyst is on a distinguished road
The only client I've played that actually seemed complete was v2.31, which was the last of the v2 series.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
If you want to force it just for your server then do a client version check when they log in and boot them off if their version isn't high enough. Either that, or script some anti-hack checks. You can find some decent ones by searching these forums I think, and if there's anything you need that isn't on the forums, I've got backups of some I've made before on my DropBox so just send me a forum PM and I might be able to help you out.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:12 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
v2 looked the best but v4 ran slightly better iirc.

I actually took a screenshot of v3 back in the day:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindablurryno.png
Views:	535
Size:	320.5 KB
ID:	55029  
Old 08-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
You could change how v2 looked though.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:02 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7chocoboknight View Post
You could change how v2 looked though.
Blurred for.. reasons.
Click image for larger version

Name:	217.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	55030

But yes, you could definitely change that around bit :3