Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 01:05 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Just pointing it out, you can say /mall to view the mall items. Tim has already made a great mall system.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:34 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Just pointing it out, you can say /mall to view the mall items. Tim has already made a great mall system.
It's a good mall system. I don't know if I'd call it great.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:42 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
There could be improvements/things I think could have been done differently, but it's defiantly a positive improvement to Era.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:03 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
There could be improvements/things I think could have been done differently, but it's defiantly a positive improvement to Era.
Like what? I'm open to suggestions. Please be specific and if possible screen shot what you find to be 'odd'..
Old 07-17-2013, 10:19 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
how about adding an extra couple of slots to the mall stands with items to "offer on"?

the difference compared to items which are for sale would be that the item is NOT deposited in the mall (so, for example, you can use it to pk). the same would go for the player who offers: his items would still remain on him.

this would be a good way to see what kind of offers you could get on an item you like and use. the "offers" would include the players account name so that the owner of the item can get back to him to sell or negotiate
Old 07-17-2013, 04:35 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
how about adding an extra couple of slots to the mall stands with items to "offer on"?
Six seems to be plenty, pretty sure it's one extra slot than the old mall had.

Quote:
the difference compared to items which are for sale would be that the item is NOT deposited in the mall (so, for example, you can use it to pk). the same would go for the player who offers: his items would still remain on him.
Well, if I allow that, it leads to all sorts of problems; like players trying to hide items, lend them out, placing items in a locker.. Far easier to secure the item if I just take it.

Quote:
this would be a good way to see what kind of offers you could get on an item you like and use. the "offers" would include the players account name so that the owner of the item can get back to him to sell or negotiate
It does give you an account name? I haven't added the reply back message yet (which is really just going to be a mail message).
Old 07-17-2013, 05:47 PM
You could add a "WTB" feature.
People with mall stands can specify things they're looking to buy, put money down on it, and if someone happens to walk into their stand with the item they're looking for, they can sell it to the stand owner.

Another feature that's been added to a lot of MMOs :P

As an example:
If I want to buy a DR, and I'm willing to pay 300k for it, I'd set one of my slots as "Buying" (or extra slots for buying; however you implement it) a DR for 300k, and it takes 300k from you until you cancel it, or buy the DR.

It would be a convenient way to buy stuff without having to check other people's stands, massing, or while offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Well, if I allow that, it leads to all sorts of problems; like players trying to hide items, lend them out, placing items in a locker.. Far easier to secure the item if I just take it.
You could disable dropping, trading, or lending of items that are in your mall stand.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:10 PM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
You could add a "WTB" feature.
People with mall stands can specify things they're looking to buy, put money down on it, and if someone happens to walk into their stand with the item they're looking for, they can sell it to the stand owner.

Another feature that's been added to a lot of MMOs :P

As an example:
If I want to buy a DR, and I'm willing to pay 300k for it, I'd set one of my slots as "Buying" (or extra slots for buying; however you implement it) a DR for 300k, and it takes 300k from you until you cancel it, or buy the DR.

It would be a convenient way to buy stuff without having to check other people's stands, massing, or while offline.
That's not bad, I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
You could disable dropping, trading, or lending of items that are in your mall stand.
Ha, no. I'm not even going to consider that due to one reason. Other scripters; remember the rental auction? It's broken because other scripters (don't know who) changed something and ended up breaking it.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:11 AM
o.o?
marcuancrazy23 is on a distinguished road
Just shooting an Idea.

What about some little transparent black bar located somewhere on screen. People can use some sort of command, ie: /mallmass. Then type what they are selling. It shows up on screen animated, ie: "Account: Selling Gun $$$, Gun $$$, etc. Mall Stand 13".

I know that this can be done by Massing. but it seems better than opening playerlist and starting a mass.

Like I said, just an idea.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:24 AM
a true gentlemen
So a subscribe feature to send you a message when someone sells an item?
Old 07-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
So a subscribe feature to send you a message when someone sells an item?
I think he was talking about a way to advertise your items.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
If you want money for your guns, Pawn them.
If you want guns for your money, go to the shop and buy them.

Simple enough
The mall and everything else are just bonus features, not everything should be "Make ___ so I can do ___, rather than using the existing features (because I'm lazy)".

Imo.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:45 AM
Erik
Lime_O_Matic is on a distinguished road
Fiberwyre, I think the problem with you comparing the mall system to MMO's is that Era isn't a MMO, just a MO. The market is limited to about 70-90 players a day, and probably around (guessing) 250 players total. These players are split into at least 3 tiers of guns based on their wealth, and then the huge amount of guns make it even harder to sell certain ones.

Tim has done a great job with this mall system, and I use it anytime I need to sell something. I also liked the ideas of the WTB (Searching to buy thing) and the advertising of mall stands as those ideas can be used in future updates.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:41 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime_O_Matic View Post
Fiberwyre, I think the problem with you comparing the mall system to MMO's is that Era isn't a MMO, just a MO. The market is limited to about 70-90 players a day, and probably around (guessing) 250 players total. These players are split into at least 3 tiers of guns based on their wealth, and then the huge amount of guns make it even harder to sell certain ones.

Tim has done a great job with this mall system, and I use it anytime I need to sell something. I also liked the ideas of the WTB (Searching to buy thing) and the advertising of mall stands as those ideas can be used in future updates.
I don't think he was intending to make a comparison as much as he was merely suggesting the feature and that it has been successful in MMOs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
If you want money for your guns, Pawn them.
If you want guns for your money, go to the shop and buy them.

Simple enough
The mall and everything else are just bonus features, not everything should be "Make ___ so I can do ___, rather than using the existing features (because I'm lazy)".

Imo.
Hey look!
Don Mattrick also plays Era, How goes Zynga?

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
I don't think he was intending to make a comparison as much as he was merely suggesting the feature and that it has been successful in MMOs.
What he said. I don't think Era, or Graal as a whole, even comes close to being classified as an MMO.