FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2015, 08:58 AM
Zone iPhone Gani
rockstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur View Post
hello!

i have seen the detection being discussed here and think there is a chance for false-positives to occur, particularly when a player logs in to a server for the first time and has a slow machine, poor connection or there is a server lag spike
If such were to happen, they should redirect themselves to the support page for assistance. Or contact the server manager.
Email
Old 01-19-2015, 10:41 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
The support page is useless, especially since we don't have pwas

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 01-19-2015, 11:26 AM
Zone iPhone Gani
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
The support page is useless, especially since we don't have pwas
I find it quiet useful- assisted me throughout my problems I have had.
Email
Old 01-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
So far we havent experienced that
im glad if thats true but how can you be sure of this?

has every person that has triggered the detection on each server it was added to been proven decisively as a relay user, and not an unfortunate victim of a lag spike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar View Post
If such were to happen, they should redirect themselves to the support page for assistance. Or contact the server manager.
expecting players to go out of their way to get themself unbanned after a false-positive is ridiculous, certainly if i was new to the game and logged on to a server during a graal ddos attack and then got disconnected ~10 seconds later for "hacking", i would never log on to it again

plus many new players would in fact not immediately know how to contact support, and even older players would not necessarily know who is staff
Old 01-19-2015, 04:40 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
hello!

i have seen the detection being discussed here and think there is a chance for false-positives to occur, particularly when a player logs in to a server for the first time and has a slow machine, poor connection or there is a server lag spike
Quote:
certainly if i was new to the game and logged on to a server during a graal ddos attack and then got disconnected ~10 seconds later for "hacking", i would never log on to it again
Error message can be edited - it's just one way to help forcing the majority of relay users to enable clientside actions, the actual punishment is up to the server. The protection itself is barebone and every server needs to check on their own if and how they want to modify it
Old 01-19-2015, 04:56 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
Error message can be edited - it's just one way to help forcing the majority of relay users to enable clientside actions, the actual punishment is up to the server. The protection itself is barebone and every server needs to check on their own if and how they want to modify it
in that case i would recommend it as a warning method rather than a sure way of detecting relay

some other potential problems are that the ~10 seconds or so delay would not hinder those who drop client-crashing bombs, and any knowledgeable hacker would also be able to spoof a trigger to the server without actually having the relevant clientside actions enabled
Old 01-19-2015, 11:11 PM
Zone iPhone Gani
If anything were to happen, im sure the script can be edited for prevention in the future.
Email
Old 01-20-2015, 05:39 AM
Deleted by Darlene159
Quote:
If anything were to happen, im sure the script can be edited for prevention in the future.
to prevent the problems i am referring to you need a different method of detection altogether
Old 01-20-2015, 11:18 AM
Zone iPhone Gani
Quote:
to prevent the problems i am referring to you need a different method of detection altogether
Preferably, I'd rather not get my account banned as a player with relay has gone undetected and used the relay- all honesty, i'd rather have more people banned even if they didn't do it then having people go undetected, if people get banned on a server then by all means, contact the owner for assistance.

You won't agree but it's what I believe is reasonable.
Email
Old 01-20-2015, 12:10 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Quote:
Preferably, I'd rather not get my account banned as a player with relay has gone undetected and used the relay- all honesty, i'd rather have more people banned even if they didn't do it then having people go undetected, if people get banned on a server then by all means, contact the owner for assistance.

You won't agree but it's what I believe is reasonable.
would you believe it were reasonable if you logged on to a server for the first time with an unusually terrible connection and ended up getting disconnected and banned, while at the same time a knowledgeable hacker sends a spoofed trigger to the server to bypass the detection and goes un-noticed?

keep in mind that the vast majority of relay users can already be detected with 100% certainty using simple methods
Old 01-23-2015, 04:00 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
I agree with jakov, It's just a bad experience to log onto a server for the first time and get banned.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]