Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2007, 12:40 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Smile Buddy List Related

Okay, so I've found myself in a bit of a pickle by way of buddy lists. I started noticing a while back that people were just adding me to their buddy list so they knew where I was, just so they could come and bug me about wanting items, money, staff jobs, etc, etc, so I decided to disable "Show me on other's Buddy List", however, my real friends can now no longer see me.

My suggestion is maybe we could make it so that the current way of buddying someone remains the same, however, you have another option in the options menu to "Only show me if both parties are buddied" or however you may wish to word it.

A secondary option is the same thing, but by selecting this option in specific people's profile (Much like Mute) called "Allow user to see me cross server", but that one might require further unnecessary tinkering with the system itself.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 09-27-2007, 12:53 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Hmmm it could eventually be the default, that your buddies also see you on their buddy list even if you have disabled the "show yourself on other buddy lists"
Old 09-27-2007, 12:55 AM
Social Engineer
Personal Jesus is on a distinguished road
is it that big of a deal?
Old 09-27-2007, 01:18 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
You're an Admin of a server, wouldn't it be important that people have a chance to contact you?
Old 09-27-2007, 01:36 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I'm not admin of any server, but I agree with this suggestion.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:12 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
I was just saying it because it seemed a little unsettling to me that an Admin would want to hide the fact he's online when he could be needed; but it is nice idea, even if it's a small one
Old 09-27-2007, 03:29 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
It disables from appearing on "Buddies" but you are appearing in "General" category
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:49 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Hmmm it could eventually be the default, that your buddies also see you on their buddy list even if you have disabled the "show yourself on other buddy lists"
I hope there will be a "show all", "show buddies", "hide all" option cause sometimes I don't want anyone on my list to find me

For the most part, people can just open up all classic/hosted servers in the playerlist which, in most cases, will find you and add you to their buddylist regardless of what you set.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:58 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
You could add something similar to "Do not show me on the buddy list of this player." if you rightclick someone in the playerlist.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
That would make it too complex. The main problem is that if you have enabled the "show me on other buddy lists" option then a few hundreds of people see you on your buddy list once you login (happens to me when I test new Graal versions), which can be annoying.