Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 02:58 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
Not just that, things like conflict of interest or an argument could cause the person to just start deleting stuff. Also you would have to deal with them constantly trying to mold your server how they think it should be.
Yeah, I only touched on the 'why not' briefly but this is also an excellent point. And there is no such thing as a bipartisan server owner. Once you upload it they think they have some sort of power over you and your content.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:40 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Yeah, I only touched on the 'why not' briefly but this is also an excellent point. And there is no such thing as a bipartisan server owner. Once you upload it they think they have some sort of power over you and your content.
I've had it happen a few times, now unless it's a good e-friends server or my own I'll only code in pieces and then save it to my computer which isn't really viable for larger projects.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:28 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
THIS.
SUCKS.
GENITALS.
/caps
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephirot View Post
You are so ****ing stupid it's unbelievable

just kidding, but I agree with Soala, I would never let someone else host my work because they will always request something in return.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Banned?
zephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zephirot Send a message via MSN to zephirot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post

just kidding, but I agree with Soala, I would never let someone else host my work because they will always request something in return.
You can't blame me because you lack trustworthy friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Can you just shut up ?
MAGA
MFGA
MEGA
Old 11-04-2010, 11:03 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
looool. why, just why?
Old 11-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post

Not anymore
You obviously don't know about it then :P

Quote:
You can't blame me because you lack trustworthy friends.
trustw..what?
Can't blame us either, trustworthy friends are somewhat REALLY rare.

And let me tell you again, even if I had someone kind of trustworthy, it would still feel weird to host it somewhere else. Having Ruins hosted on my very own account feels more secure, and I can manage everything I want, only me and Axel. Even if I'd get full rights, I cannot accept the idea of having someone with full rights who's probably not even an experienced developer/manager.

I just want to always be able to control everything. Got a problem? Deal with it, it's not going to change anytime soon.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Banned?
zephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zephirot Send a message via MSN to zephirot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
You obviously don't know about it then :P

Got a problem? Deal with it, it's not going to change anytime soon.
Poor thing, you obviously must have mistaken me for someone who gives a ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Can you just shut up ?
MAGA
MFGA
MEGA
Old 11-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
If you don't give a **** then don't come in here with your comments in the first place.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
You actually sounded like you cared about Ruins.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Why are you still trolling this thread? postcount++? He was simply asking for someone to send him money via paypal. If nobody wants to then he wont get the cash and if they do they will.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:55 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooost.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:30 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
inb4 jigga buys and hosts it sometime later.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:34 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
hahahahaha
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:36 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
lol this post comes to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post

(^ timeline assumes playerworld actually succeeds, majority of the time they don't)

But in all seriousness, servers fail because they're too hyped to get working on stuff without actually putting all the time that's needed into planning. Really, really good planning can shave a few years off dev time, and possibly save a good server. And I don't mean just a small .txt with little details, I mean fleshed out stuff. Sketched maps of the overworld(and perhaps even settings, along with REASONS for a town, personalities and histories of the NPCs), lots and lots of ideas, concrete plans that bring everything together, and a firm, firm idea of what you want.

If you're talking about classic servers... oh, I dunno honestly. Just something doesn't tick for me to bring me in. If I wanted to play an RPG, I'd go play one of the many better ones out there. Era is too laggy for me(I've played 3D games where lag wasn't that big of an issue for me, being on 56k). Hmm, and others just don't seem to offer much. Maybe some would be nice but they insist on ass-ugly tilesets that burn my retina's and push me away from the server. As for the 'classic-type' servers, they offer no direction. I like exploring, but I hate randomly running around doing mindless things hoping I find a quest, and then finding one only to see it's kill a bunch of baddies or push a million blocks. Then find there's nothing to do with the fullheart I gained because the server is dead.
Closed Thread

Tags
ruins