Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 05:14 AM
Absolut_Crono is an unknown quantity at this point
@ What I read from you Kia, you have to understand I dont agree with that, it is just what it has been. I cant take blame for what has been going on for long before I became Manager, all I can do is try and fix things from here on..
Old 10-16-2010, 05:31 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Hello Absolut_Cron
Old 10-16-2010, 05:32 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
Sounds fair on the surface, but I also worked harder on UN than I ever did on Classic so there has to be something else that drew me in.
playercount
Old 10-16-2010, 06:53 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
I forget if I've said this (in this thread), but I miss Delteria.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:13 AM
NBK!
Heroin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Sounds fair on the surface, but I also worked harder on UN than I ever did on Classic so there has to be something else that drew me in.
yeah, the fact that you would crack if you'd lose another graal server apparently.. isn't there anything else in your life you can put your creativity and devotion into? putting effort in this **** is like feeding pearls to pigs
Old 10-16-2010, 08:41 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroin View Post
yeah, the fact that you would crack if you'd lose another graal server apparently.. isn't there anything else in your life you can put your creativity and devotion into? putting effort in this **** is like feeding pearls to pigs
wat
Old 10-16-2010, 08:46 AM
Playing since in '04.
HirakoShinji is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to HirakoShinji
Haha, yeah.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:59 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
60% of players focused on sparring? I seriously doubt that. I doubt that even 30% of players were focused on that.
you didn't play UN back then - how would you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut_Crono View Post
To Hiro, I was always very interested and supportive of CW, as Mystic says I asked him about it pretty regularly. The real issue was the Development Manager did not focus on CW at all. Mystic had to find his own scripters, with the exception of Ben Rain, who approached me about it before he became PWA. This lack of support from his higher admins on the Dev side probably led to a good portion of Mystic's lack of enthusiasm. When I spoke to Luca about it, I was told the scripting would be replaced with another project's framework (the same type of thing I was talking about above), but that never came to fruition either.

Anyhow, Unholy Nation's focus was never on 'Events' or 'Sparring', the only focus the server has ever had was to create things players want, whether it be things such as the rings, or things such as the Rare Items. The real issue is both that either players no long want these items, or cannot get them because of the old playerbase no longer playing and trading actively. From what I recall, trading was more the focus than anything else if we tried to pinpoint something accurately. With the economy in the poor shape that it is in, related to ep duplication largely, players dont want to buy things for the inflated prices. EP and item trading were probably the worst ideas to hit UN, because you no longer had to play events to win event items. That being said, most people loved the item trading and auction houses, so it's a double edged sword.
you were never a part of the sparring community, much less the sparring community within UN, so you have no idea how much influence the sparring had (or has) on UN. you just don't realize how potent the sparring community is, and your focus on events, useless "rare" manta NPCs, and whatever else only diminish the only other active "event" taking place on UN that has a good portion of player's attention. if you add more systems that allow players to swing swords at one another in a ranked atmosphere (like sparring, or teaming up in CW) then more players will start to appreciate what a classic server is all about, and participate in these events

if UN had more focus on global guilds specifically, you could have an abundant source of competition and incentive that can lead to economic stability
Old 10-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
you didn't play UN back then - how would you know?
I wouldn't know for fact but I would assume it's a very safe bet (like 100% safe) to say that only a fraction of players can compete in highly competitive sparring. I can't imagine competitive sparring being the prime focus of 20% of the players.
Quote:
you were never a part of the sparring community, much less the sparring community within UN, so you have no idea how much influence the sparring had (or has) on UN. you just don't realize how potent the sparring community is, and your focus on events, useless "rare" manta NPCs, and whatever else only diminish the only other active "event" taking place on UN that has a good portion of player's attention. if you add more systems that allow players to swing swords at one another in a ranked atmosphere (like sparring, or teaming up in CW) then more players will start to appreciate what a classic server is all about, and participate in these events

if UN had more focus on global guilds specifically, you could have an abundant source of competition and incentive that can lead to economic stability
Your first two sentences don't even make sense, he was never part of the sparring community despite it being highly influential/"potent"?

Clearly it couldn't have been that influential if he had nothing to do with it.

I am not sure why you are pandering your personal opinions as if they were somehow facts. Just because you liked to do something doesn't mean a majority of players did.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
I wouldn't say 60 percent of the population focused on sparring, although 25-30 percent probably is a good estimate.

UN, in my opinion, has been a server where you can do whatever, and interact with whoever. (We have guns and cars people...) It was never really only sparring-focused, and I wouldn't suspect that to be LiquidIces intent either. I enjoyed collecting the rare items, back when they were actually rare. I also enjoyed the events when more people played instead of teaming with 10 other friends. These among many other things.

Hiro is right in the regards that UN really needs to focus on improving the competitive elements of the server that it used to have. Sadly, that is not the current development focus.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 10-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
It'll just break when V7 comes out.

No, that's not a typo. V7, as in the next upgrade after this one.
You made two errors with that post. One, no client in itself has ever broken a lot of scripts -- GS2 in itself did however, but GS2 is far superior than it's successor anyways so who cares.

Second of all, v7 is not the next client no, as v6 isn't even out yet. We're currently in v5 and v5.3.

I'd also like to point out that PWA has done an extremely ****ty job with something they said after the release of GS2; that all Classic servers were to fully convert to GS2 within x amount of time or be taken off the list. It's been 5 years now, wtf.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Why do I still have wNPCs from 2006 that no longer work? Why are there broken player houses all over the server? Why can't UN's development team strive to improve UN? I think all of these questions have similar answers.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:36 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7chocoboknight View Post
Why do I still have wNPCs from 2006 that no longer work? Why are there broken player houses all over the server? Why can't UN's development team strive to improve UN? I think all of these questions have similar answers.
It is too le hard. QQ.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Absolut_Crono is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
You made two errors with that post. One, no client in itself has ever broken a lot of scripts -- GS2 in itself did however, but GS2 is far superior than it's successor anyways so who cares.

Second of all, v7 is not the next client no, as v6 isn't even out yet. We're currently in v5 and v5.3.

I'd also like to point out that PWA has done an extremely ****ty job with something they said after the release of GS2; that all Classic servers were to fully convert to GS2 within x amount of time or be taken off the list. It's been 5 years now, wtf.
Ok, first of all, V6 has already caused issues with the GUIs. You are wrong there. Second of all, my point was that every version update brings issues that need to be addressed. I wasnt stating V7 was next, but that the issues that get fixed for V6 will probably have to be altered again in V7 and V8 and so on, because servers implement GS2 differently for different things.

As far as the PWA enforcing GS2, I am pretty sure it mostly has to do with functionality. UN "functions" with GS2, it's just patched GS1 though. What I am saying is we would need to organize the server firstly, then rewrite it into complete GS2 instead of patching broken scripts, otherwise we wont get anywhere.

@Chocoboknight What wNPCs are you speaking of specifically? There arent any broken playerhouses I am aware of, only ones that were removed. Lastly, UN's development team ALWAYS strives to make UN better, the issue is that there isnt much organization in the teams. That stems from long before I was Manager though. If a Manager quits or gets removed, the server's focus tends to drastically change, with people who have different ideas about what is most important. We dont have Managers stay long enough to work on one main goal, with the exception of Streety, who was removed for broken promises or something similar to that.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:53 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
That stems from long before I was Manager though. If a Manager quits or gets removed, the server's focus tends to drastically change, with people who have different ideas about what is most important.
So what your saying is, UN has no purpose, no theme, no function or background. It exists purely as a playroom for management and their cohorts, without any adherence to a tangible, or even predictable, future? It is dedicated to nothing, and instead serves as something for the administration to mold to their liking, only to toss everything aside when a bigger kid comes into the sandbox and takes over?