Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting > Code Gallery
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 02:54 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
I would much prefer the option to be able to use your own rights to save levels rather than open up NPC-Server to everything...especially on a server like Testbed :|
Old 10-02-2012, 05:06 AM
Coder
0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
I would much prefer the option to be able to use your own rights to save levels rather than open up NPC-Server to everything...especially on a server like Testbed :|
I would prefer that as well, but currently it's not possible. You can certainly still use the editor, but special features won't work without the NPC-Server having rights. I'm aware that it is a security risk, but the servers that aren't worried about that are able to enjoy these features.

savelevel(str) needs to be fixed by Stefan before you will be able to save levels immediately without NPC-Server having rights.

Other special features will probably require NPC-Server rights for a long time. Stefan would have to provide additional functionality. He's already busy as it is, so it won't be soon.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:00 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
He means adding something to the script to check serverside if you actually have the rights to the current level. At least that's what I'm assuming
Old 10-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
He means adding something to the script to check serverside if you actually have the rights to the current level. At least that's what I'm assuming
It already does that . He was saying that if he gave the Testbed NPC-Server rw rights to all levels, that it could be abused by malicious scripters. Possibly destroying others' work.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:38 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
I have used a level editor that did not require the NPC server to be given rights.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:56 AM
Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
I have used a level editor that did not require the NPC server to be given rights.
The editing of tiles does not require NPC-Server rights.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
This thing is really nice. However, I'd like to request a feature.

This editor does work on terrain maps as well, but the image of the tiles you currently have selected in the clipboard shows up on the ground quite a bit below where the cursor is, making it offset by a lot and confusing to work with. Would it be possible to include an option to toggle off the clipboard display, or change it so that it also hovers on the screen layer where the mouse is?

Here's a screenshot of what I mean. The cursor position is in red, the clipboard image is in blue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1352232409.png
Views:	429
Size:	396.4 KB
ID:	55194  
Old 11-19-2012, 06:43 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
I cannot get this to work on a terrain gmap, I have all the correct rights set however when i try to place a tile nothing happens
Old 02-20-2013, 03:34 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I have it working partially on terrain maps, but the icons and tiles stored in the clipboard don't quite play nice when z-height gets involved. I can lay down tiles and save them on terrain maps, but it's awkward.

Also, on another subject... In future versions, could you try to work in something for setting links in levels too? Even if it's a separate tool, that would be fantastic.

And I just wanted to say again, this is excellent work.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:43 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Where are the images for this?
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:00 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Where are the images for this?
They're generated by the script. See the long base64 strings near the top of the script.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:19 AM
JohnnyChimpo is on a distinguished road
So i am having trouble with this editor saving.
Problem: When i go to file update level it says that the npcserver does not have read rights to levels/0. The problem seems to be that it can not find the correct filepath. However i modified the script to have the correct filepath and also gave the npcserver rights to that exact file and still i have the same error message. The level does save if i let it sit and after a few seconds it will save on its on.

Let me explain a few things. My levels files are in a folder in the levels folder. ex: levels/mainOW/*
ex: levels/temp/* etc. I gave myself and my npcserver the needed rights, also set savelevels=true in server options.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Mr. Ciprioni Atrius Admin
alissalee is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alissalee Send a message via MSN to alissalee
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChimpo View Post
So i am having trouble with this editor saving.
Problem: When i go to file update level it says that the npcserver does not have read rights to levels/0. The problem seems to be that it can not find the correct filepath. However i modified the script to have the correct filepath and also gave the npcserver rights to that exact file and still i have the same error message. The level does save if i let it sit and after a few seconds it will save on its on.

Let me explain a few things. My levels files are in a folder in the levels folder. ex: levels/mainOW/*
ex: levels/temp/* etc. I gave myself and my npcserver the needed rights, also set savelevels=true in server options.
please message me on aim jaycassini or msg me on atrius. i had loged on today to see if you were there but you were not on. i would like to see the issue u described.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:11 PM
The problem still persists, if your reading this and own a server, i suggest you take a look into the problem yourself it seems like i am not alone.

Testing the problem:
1. Open /te and put down a tile.
2. Goto File->Update Level.
3. Update the level on your player account by saying "update level"
4. Does the tile stay? Did you get a message after you went to File->Update Level?

If you are having the same problem it could be because of a recent update by Stefan, earlier this week. Please post and let me know.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:40 AM
After further analysis it seems the loadfolder() function is not working properly anymore. I have made a very simple work around for those whos pixel editors are malfunctioning.

1. Add this line to configurations.
PHP Code:
//FOLDER CONFIG
this.levelFolders = {"YourLevelFolder1","YourLevelFolder2"}; 
Add the folders that contain your levels in the array.
2. Replace the function
PHP Code:
function getLevelFilePath(temp.levelName) {
  if(
this.levelFolders.size()>0){
    for(
temp.i=0i<this.levelFolders.size(); i++){

temp.fileList = {};

temp.fileList.loadfolder("levels/"@this.levelFolders[i]@"/*"1);
        for (
temp.fileNametemp.fileList) {
          if (
temp.fileName == temp.levelName) {

temp.filePath this.levelFolders[i]@ "/" temp.fileName;
           return 
temp.filePath;
          }
       }
    } 
  }

temp.fileList  = {};

temp.fileList.loadfolder("levels/*.nw"1);
  for (
temp.fileNametemp.fileList) {
    if (
temp.fileName == temp.levelName) {
       return 
temp.fileName;
    }
  }
  return 
NULL;

Thats it! Hopefully that solves some headaches.