Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 12-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Ok buddy keep up the good work.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
A new version v5.313 has been uploaded to the usual location (http://www.graalonline.com/downloads...al_windows.zip).
Old 12-22-2010, 03:31 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
I've updated to latest client and it freezes for a split second every second. The frequency seems constant. It started to happen as soon as I logged into Era iPhone.

Quick Stats:
Windows 7 64bit
2.4GHz quad
9800GT

All drivers up to date
Old 12-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
On Era iPhone it might be the playerlist
Old 12-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Perhaps not so much of a bug but I knew that within V5 while on a GMAP showimg type displays would not display while the parent NPC was not visible on your screen, this now seems to be the case with non-GMAP levels too in V6, for example:

I've since noticed it is possible to prevent by setting a shape on the NPC but would it be possible for there to be some form of server option or npc variable to prevent this?
Setting a shape doesn't solve the problem of NPCs that display things on your screen similarly to a HUD not working properly as a result of the NPC itself not being visible, which happens in our Spar Arena for instance.

I've also now noticed that you have to be more careful with variable names, for instance in one weapon script I had:

PHP Code:
function onCreated(){

dash this;

In another weapon script I had:
PHP Code:
if(dash != NULL){

temp.dash dash.attemptDash();
  if(
temp.dash){
    return;
  }

In V5 this worked fine but in V6 this caused the global variable "dash" to be set to NULL after the first time the function was called, I figured it would be because of the temp.var also being named "dash" and changing it fixed it but is this supposed to be happening now?

Last edited by ffcmike; 12-22-2010 at 10:39 PM..
Old 12-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
I've updated to latest client and it freezes for a split second every second. The frequency seems constant. It started to happen as soon as I logged into Era iPhone.

Quick Stats:
Windows 7 64bit
2.4GHz quad
9800GT

All drivers up to date
this.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:12 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post

Quick Stats:
Windows 7 64bit
2.4GHz quad
9800GT

All drivers up to date
happened to me too, but then there was a new update available so i downloaded it and it was fixed. :o
Old 12-24-2010, 11:32 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
player.dontBlock(), player.blockAgain(), and player.setShape() don't seem to work at all in v6.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:02 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
There seems to be a glitch with showimg on indexes under 200(I THINK, it only happens on v6, not v5). On UN there is a weapon called Halloween/Broom. However, when I get off the broom, the script fades away a shadow showimg. But in v6 because of this, the body of my player gets glitched and starts fading whenever I'm idle.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:55 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Not sure what's causing this, but every time I try to connect to a server I Graal seems to crash with this error.

Quote:
Graal has stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Graal.exe
Application Version: 5.3.1.3
Application Timestamp: 4d0e34a5
Fault Module Name: opengl32.DLL
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdadb
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000218a9
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Edit: for some reason it only happens when I try connecting to Era.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:36 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
The newest client is freezing for me aswell. Sucks cause i'm stuck with the other one and transparency issues on it is ****ed
Old 12-28-2010, 06:26 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
nvm also have the freezing issue
Old 12-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Freezing issue sucks please fix. Also how come we don't have fullscreen yet? Thats a necessity when I play.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Just discovered something.

Now, I don't know much about particle emitters and stuff, but I found a problem with the snowfall on UN.

Basically, the script has the particle image changing every .5 seconds, so it changed the image for each new snowflake.
On v5, changing the image of the particle would only change it for new particles...

On v6, it is changing the image for every particle, ones already created, and new ones.

Not sure if this is a glitch, or if it was a glitch in v5.
The script changing the image of said particle is:
PHP Code:
findimg(200).emitter.particle.image temp.newimg

Old 01-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Is it still freezing for anyone else? I was using the older version before this update because it ran perfectly well for me. Now I can't see to start it up at all so I downloaded the new one and can't get past the login screen without freezing.

Tags
graal v6, windows