Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 01:07 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Stolen graphics

Basically every server on Graal sports a lot of stolen graphics and content from Graal2001. I don't mean to be anal about it but it was a lot more special when it was created as original content for a specific project. Is there any way to get other servers to stop using original content designed specifically for Graal2001? I mean I know we can never get them to stop using hats but I was hoping servers using Graal2001 hats could officially make their own and stop using ours. Is that not reasonable? A lot of the sprite sheets literally say "created for Graal2001" right on them in detailed custom pixel art signatures by the creators.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:08 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
this far after the fact?

yeah
Old 12-20-2016, 01:09 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Mainfiles were stolen from Classic .
Old 12-20-2016, 01:13 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
this far after the fact?

yeah
It's really deeper than you're even thinking. Technically the current pics1.png that has been used for like 15 years was drawn by Graal2001 developers for Graal2001. So there would have to be some kind of lines drawn, if every stolen idea from Graal2001 was patent protected other servers wouldn't even have events or hats or anything cool at all.

In fact this forum literally was the Graal2001 forum initially, at forums.graal2001.com.

And how about npc-server? Eh?

I don't think every server should surrender their NPC server but it is kind of ridiculous to be sporting our graphics, and the fact they've been doing it for almost 2 decades doesn't really change that. I'm just saying you'd think they could at least make their own hat graphics.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:52 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
looks like your server is named Bomy Island to me, so you're stealing them too

maybe you should stop using them first
Old 12-20-2016, 12:05 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
g2k1 died like 14 years ago and its gfx were distributed. you cant just revive a server and demand all of it back, esp when the gfx dont actually belong to BI.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:20 PM
G2k1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
g2k1 died like 14 years ago and its gfx were distributed. you cant just revive a server and demand all of it back, esp when the gfx dont actually belong to BI.
Did you read my comment? I don't think you did my man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru
I'm just saying you'd think they could at least make their own hat graphics.
And then there's this guy who I think knows he's grabbing straws:
Quote:
looks like your server is named Bomy Island to me, so you're stealing them too
maybe you should stop using them first
First of all to address the name, Mystic Dragon didn't give me an option. Both I and Skyld decided upon not using that name, but MD was really hasty to put the server on the dev list and did not give me an option. He also hasn't been around at all for months. To absolve your confusion, the server I am working on now which is titled Bomy Island on the dev list is the EXACT same server that we played in 2001. It's Graal2001.

Furthermore I actually am fully willing to make new graphics to replace the old ones (have been working on this since day 1), because I'm not so lazy I have to steal "gfx that were distributed 14 years ago" (that's not even true, that never happened).

So yeah. Nice try guys, it was funny but if you're being serious then you will only get to argue with me and lose. Nobody steals Zodiac's graphics, probably because they aren't very good.

I just think it's ironic that I'm over here remaking the Graal2001 hats so they can be original Graal2001 content again, while other servers sport the graphics that were made for this server without putting any work in. If it were level designs, or a script it wouldn't be acceptable, though I guess graphics and ganis are fair game? But apparently I'm the bad guy for pointing it out! Thanks!

Last edited by Kamaeru; 12-20-2016 at 03:36 PM..
Old 12-20-2016, 05:43 PM
sandin has a spectacular aura aboutsandin has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sandin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
Basically every server on Graal sports a lot of stolen graphics and content from Graal2001. I don't mean to be anal about it but it was a lot more special when it was created as original content for a specific project. Is there any way to get other servers to stop using original content designed specifically for Graal2001? I mean I know we can never get them to stop using hats but I was hoping servers using Graal2001 hats could officially make their own and stop using ours. Is that not reasonable? A lot of the sprite sheets literally say "created for Graal2001" right on them in detailed custom pixel art signatures by the creators.
there should be a way, but since the lack of support is big, I doubt they would do something.

Quote:
I just think it's ironic that I'm over here remaking the Graal2001 hats so they can be original Graal2001 content again, while other servers sport the graphics that were made for this server without putting any work in. If it were level designs, or a script it wouldn't be acceptable, though I guess graphics and ganis are fair game? But apparently I'm the bad guy for pointing it out! Thanks!
Totally agree with you.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:07 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Did you read my comment? I don't think you did my man.
Quote:
I was hoping servers using Graal2001 hats could officially make their own and stop using ours
they stopped belonging to g2k1 a while back bruh. g2k1 is gone anyway, right?
Old 12-20-2016, 07:27 PM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
Quote:
First of all to address the name, Mystic Dragon didn't give me an option. Both I and Skyld decided upon not using that name, but MD was really hasty to put the server on the dev list and did not give me an option. He also hasn't been around at all for months. To absolve your confusion, the server I am working on now which is titled Bomy Island on the dev list is the EXACT same server that we played in 2001. It's Graal2001.
Alright, so you're not Bomy Island you're actually Graal2k1?

So instead of stealing graphics you're stealing names using a name you're not?

but I guess that's fair game these days, sorry for pointing it out!
Old 12-20-2016, 11:00 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I mean, G2K1 was gone for years, fair to say that hats of all things became fair game by then. I'm talking waaay before konidias & contiga tried reviving the project.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 12-20-2016, 11:55 PM
G2k1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetOscar View Post
Alright, so you're not Bomy Island you're actually Graal2k1?

So instead of stealing graphics you're stealing names using a name you're not?

but I guess that's fair game these days, sorry for pointing it out!
That doesn't even make sense. Even if it did, Bomy Island and Graal2001 are one thing, it's just two different names it's had. It's also been called Bomy Moon and Bomy Lands... it's all Graal2001. I'm guessing you didn't know that or are trying to poke fun at me, but 2 different names of the same server is different than every server on Graal using 2k1's content. There's no way I can stop them, just asking nicely if they could make their own graphics seems like the best way to go. If you look at kingdoms, they have many shared concepts like the Kingdoms, kart racing, and Metris minigame from Graal2001 but they also made their own sprites and graphics for those.

If you think I wasn't expecting whiny people to come in my thread and make strawman cases against me you're way off. I knew you guys would treat me like the bad guy, that's fine.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:01 AM
G2k1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I mean, G2K1 was gone for years, fair to say that hats of all things became fair game by then. I'm talking waaay before konidias & contiga tried reviving the project.
I was there working on Graal2001 until 2006 and after that I also worked with konidias and contiga. When other servers started using our graphics we were never happy about it. We tried getting global admins or stefan to help us back then but we had the same problem that managers of servers have today where they simply wouldn't help. None of this is new, and if the amount of time that has gone by while Graal2001's content has been abused by other projects holds any relevance, it stands as further testament to my case, rather than supporting the argument of naysayers of my case.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:05 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Stolen graphics has been happening on all servers since forever, with no real way to enforce it, I don't think this thread is going anywhere.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:10 AM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
Quote:
That doesn't even make sense. Even if it did, Bomy Island and Graal2001 are one thing, it's just two different names it's had. It's also been called Bomy Moon and Bomy Lands... it's all Graal2001. I'm guessing you didn't know that or are trying to poke fun at me, but 2 different names of the same server is different than every server on Graal using 2k1's content. There's no way I can stop them, just asking nicely if they could make their own graphics seems like the best way to go. If you look at kingdoms, they have many shared concepts like the Kingdoms, kart racing, and Metris minigame from Graal2001 but they also made their own sprites and graphics for those.

If you think I wasn't expecting whiny people to come in my thread and make strawman cases against me you're way off. I knew you guys would treat me like the bad guy, that's fine.
My comedic approach was to enlighten you on the fact that this thread is going nowhere.
Closed Thread