Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
I shall look at the beta and distribute it later or tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Anyone tested the new version yet?
Old 11-14-2009, 12:33 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Skyld hasn't yet distributed it
Old 11-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Quote:
Hmm my rights on the main login server seem to have disappeared so I cannot edit the -BetaShared script to display a message like last time (also the internal version number is also the same as the previous version so I am not sure how to detect the new client).

For now, testers should forum PM me to receive the new client.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
It's only for Mac?
Old 11-14-2009, 05:31 PM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It's only for Mac?
It's the Mac Beta thread isn't it?

I wanted to beta test it but apparently Skyld had enough testers for now.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:11 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
A couple of problems
  • You can't trigger a weapon clientside from itself, e.g.
    PHP Code:
    //#CLIENTSIDE
    function onCreated() {

this.trigger("testFunction"NULL);
    }

function 
    onTestFunction() { // note, however, that you can trigger this function from another weapon

player.chat "received!";

• Windows are still sticking sometimes when reconnecting (especially client-RC and the playerlist)
  • Resizing my SQL explorer (code that crashes it is on the other page) still crashes the client.
  • Copying and pasting is an awful mess still, you can't copy different lines (they show up as one), and anything with formatting in it shows up as like:
    (Client-RC)
Old 11-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
You are sure that you have the new version?
Old 11-14-2009, 08:19 PM
the fake one
Quote:
You are sure that you have the new version?
Actually, no. Looks like the one you sent me yesterday (identical to the one Skyld sent out today to the beta testers) was the wrong version?

Old 11-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Script-fu
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Actually, no. Looks like the one you sent me yesterday (identical to the one Skyld sent out today to the beta testers) was the wrong version?

The date of the actual "Graal.app" is not accurate because I have been placing the actual updated binary inside of an old app container, check the date by using "Show package contents" and then going into "Contents" and "MacOS". It should say 7th November 2009 or so as mine does.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:34 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
The date of the actual "Graal.app" is not accurate because I have been placing the actual updated binary inside of an old app container, check the date by using "Show package contents" and then going into "Contents" and "MacOS". It should say 7th November 2009 or so as mine does.
Then yes, I just checked, and I do have the newest.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:18 AM
Graal Administration
Hmmm there must have been some problem with the compilation then. It should definitely not crash when resizing the window. I've uploaded a new version, please check that again. Which CPU do you have (PPC, 386, 686) ?

In the new version I've also improved the window handling, and tried to fix the trigger problem (had no chance to test it yet).

About copy&paste: it works perfectly fine for me. There is a small problem in the sense that it's using the original line breaks when copying HTML text instead of the visible line breaks, but it shouldn't show any weird special characters.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:09 AM
Script-fu
Quote:
Hmmm there must have been some problem with the compilation then. It should definitely not crash when resizing the window. I've uploaded a new version, please check that again. Which CPU do you have (PPC, 386, 686) ?

In the new version I've also improved the window handling, and tried to fix the trigger problem (had no chance to test it yet).

About copy&paste: it works perfectly fine for me. There is a small problem in the sense that it's using the original line breaks when copying HTML text instead of the visible line breaks, but it shouldn't show any weird special characters.
Yeah must have been a compilation issue because the new version number is being reflected properly in the version you just uploaded. Window resizing crash doesn't seem to be happening anymore.

Edit: Testers should get a link to the new client now when they log in.

Last edited by Skyld; 11-15-2009 at 03:27 AM..
Old 11-15-2009, 04:32 AM
the fake one
Everything is fixed that I posted in my last report except the copy and pasting, for example, try to copy and paste this:

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {

this.trigger("testFunction"NULL);
}

function 
onTestFunction() { // note, however, that you can trigger this function from another weapon

player.chat "received!";

It shows up as:

Old 11-15-2009, 11:43 PM
Graal Administration
Ok uploaded a new version for Skyld.
Changes:
- improved copy&paste, instead of using "mac-plain-text" it's now using utf8 to exchange data
- palletized tilesets which are drawn on layer 0 are forced to be RGB (no alpha), which should fix the problem that Skyld had

Tags
graal v6, mac