Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-16-2006, 03:18 AM
GryffonDurime GryffonDurime is offline
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,547
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
The Announcement

As many of you know, the day of Graal2001's return is upon us. While the kingdoms will still be under heavy construction, roleplaying will begin in earnest. To this end, I'd like to announce the rulers of Graal2001's illustrious kingdoms:

-Malenth, the nation of vengeful knights and home of the dieing samurai, will be led by their Imperator, a warmonger incarnate, Zurkiba.

-Bellasera, being the refuge for the mages and citizenry of Dustari and the shipwrights of the Pirate Crew, will be led by the Regina, played by Shawn Kelfonne.

-The Zormite Empire, born again from the ashes of their now-tattered castle, will be led by their new Emperor, Minoc.

Kaytu may or may not be introduced rapidly; the problem lies in finding a capable roleplayer who will not turn it into a second incarnation of the Karakaze Troupe.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-16-2006, 04:02 AM
Damix2 Damix2 is offline
RED SQUARE CLUB
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NY-what's better?
Posts: 3,577
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
I don't see a problem with another Karakaze Troupe.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-16-2006, 04:21 AM
Waltz5 Waltz5 is offline
Kyden
Waltz5's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: PA
Posts: 1,906
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffonDurime
stuff
Very nice Gryffon... good choices. Still not sure where I'll be going... should be very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffonDurime
Kaytu may or may not be introduced rapidly; the problem lies in finding a capable roleplayer who will not turn it into a second incarnation of the Karakaze Troupe.
From talks it seemed like Kaytu (thought it was spelled Kaitou a while back) would be the most popular and most people if leading wouldn't cut their members short.

However, it has some great RPing capabilites and definately should be implemented in my opinion.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-16-2006, 04:22 AM
GryffonDurime GryffonDurime is offline
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,547
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix2
I don't see a problem with another Karakaze Troupe.
Except for the fact that they tried to justify their horribly OOC actions with subpar RP and their leader was instrumental in the destabalizing of the infrastructure of Roleplaying on 2001.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-16-2006, 04:24 AM
GryffonDurime GryffonDurime is offline
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,547
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltz5
Very nice Gryffon... good choices. Still not sure where I'll be going... should be very interesting.
Good to hear that you like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltz5
From talks it seemed like Kaytu (thought it was spelled Kaitou a while back) would be the most popular and most people if leading wouldn't cut their members short.

However, it has some great RPing capabilites and definately should be implemented in my opinion.
Spelling changed to reflect their change from uber-forest Ninjas. The problem you've listed is exactly what I'm worried about. Everyone wants to be a lawless badass, but Kaytu has to remain a SUBKINGDOM.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-16-2006, 04:43 AM
Damix2 Damix2 is offline
RED SQUARE CLUB
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NY-what's better?
Posts: 3,577
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffonDurime
Except for the fact that they tried to justify their horribly OOC actions with subpar RP and their leader was instrumental in the destabalizing of the infrastructure of Roleplaying on 2001.

Which was nearly nonexistant to begin with.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-16-2006, 04:56 AM
Valder Valder is offline
Follower of Ultros
Valder's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Ultros' Lair
Posts: 5,118
Valder is on a distinguished road
Except for the fact that Karakaze was the only group that attempted to really roleplay on 2k1
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-16-2006, 04:58 AM
GryffonDurime GryffonDurime is offline
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,547
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valder
Except for the fact that Karakaze was really the only group that attempted to really roleplay on 2k1
Considering the fact that I was in a kingdom that attempted to and did roleplay, I can safely dismiss that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-16-2006, 05:03 AM
Rolav Rolav is offline
Registered User
Rolav's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 88
Rolav is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Rolav Send a message via AIM to Rolav Send a message via Yahoo to Rolav
ohhhHhhH the choices
__________________
Liek hey!
----------------
Dabura (10/6/2003 12:41:03 PM):
Mass message:
there seems to be something wrong with the server "Atlantis", everyone seems to be speeking in some sort of code....odd


Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-16-2006, 05:03 AM
Valder Valder is offline
Follower of Ultros
Valder's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Ultros' Lair
Posts: 5,118
Valder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffonDurime
Considering the fact that I was in a kingdom that attempted to and did roleplay, I can safely dismiss that.
Roleplaying was primarily dead on 2k1 anyway. At the time of Karakaze, the only real thing people were concerned about is obtaining gralats and getting a house.

This was also around the time where 2k1 started to lose players.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-16-2006, 05:06 AM
GryffonDurime GryffonDurime is offline
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,547
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valder
Roleplaying was primarily dead on 2k1 anyway. At the time of Karakaze, the only real thing people were concerned about is obtaining gralats and getting a house.
I suppose its neither here nor there. So long as it is clear that things like rockstealing and mindless PKing will not be acceptable under a thinnly veilid pretense of Roleplaying. I mean, if you want to do either of those, then go ahead and do it; just don't hide behind roleplaying as a barrier for the consequences.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-16-2006, 05:19 AM
Valder Valder is offline
Follower of Ultros
Valder's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Ultros' Lair
Posts: 5,118
Valder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffonDurime
I suppose its neither here nor there. So long as it is clear that things like rockstealing and mindless PKing will not be acceptable under a thinnly veilid pretense of Roleplaying. I mean, if you want to do either of those, then go ahead and do it; just don't hide behind roleplaying as a barrier for the consequences.
That I agree with. The reason I like Karakaze was because when we actually did roleplay, we would try to come up with fun and creative things to do, while others said and did stupid things.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-16-2006, 05:39 AM
GryffonDurime GryffonDurime is offline
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,547
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valder
That I agree with. The reason I like Karakaze was because when we actually did roleplay, we would try to come up with fun and creative things to do, while others said and did stupid things.
I think I'm beginning to subscribe to Googi's theory about roleplaying; 2k1 should be balanced. We need more Roleplaying than 2k2's abomination, and yet at the same time we need to be far less snotty than Valikorlia.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-16-2006, 06:20 AM
haunter haunter is offline
Registered User
haunter's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,989
haunter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffonDurime
-Bellasera, being the refuge for the mages and citizenry of Dustari and the shipwrights of the Pirate Crew, will be led by the Regina, played by Shawn Kelfonne.
Sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffonDurime
-The Zormite Empire, born again from the ashes of their now-tattered castle, will be led by their new Emperor, Minoc.
Sweet.

Don't worry Zurk, I think you're a good choice too... I just have a certian affection for these kingdoms. :)
__________________
- Jordan
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-16-2006, 10:38 PM
Valder Valder is offline
Follower of Ultros
Valder's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Ultros' Lair
Posts: 5,118
Valder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffonDurime
I think I'm beginning to subscribe to Googi's theory about roleplaying; 2k1 should be balanced. We need more Roleplaying than 2k2's abomination, and yet at the same time we need to be far less snotty than Valikorlia.
Yes... I hope this time around we have at least 2 RP admins to be able to keep the roleplaying going. We need more roleplaying events as well as scheduled battles.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.