Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 09:48 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Attacktype Updates

Tig has been really awesome fixing up Blinding (bit OP, could last like 6-7 seconds and be easy to re-new the blinding effect) and Confusion is just utter ownage, I'd really love to see the two most common (besides physical) attacktypes.

Fire attacktype: should leave a burning effect at the same random chance as Blinding. If lucky enough to land a "burn", they will endure 5 damage for 10 seconds. A weak "burn" would be 2 damage a second, and a strong burn would be upwards of 7 damage a second. I dont consider 20 or 70 damage too strong or two weak for a nice random effect from a strong weapon.

Cold attacktype: should leave a "frozen" effect in which the player is either stuck moving until being hit once or slowed down to spar speed for 10 seconds. I believe the frozen effect would be more fitting for Cold, since in the future I see Slow being put into effect to overall slow down the players movement.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Nice idea. But yeah its up to Tig. :P

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Bj÷rn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 04-15-2012, 10:11 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
Cold attacktype: should leave a "frozen" effect in which the player is either stuck moving until being hit once or slowed down to spar speed for 10 seconds. I believe the frozen effect would be more fitting for Cold, since in the future I see Slow being put into effect to overall slow down the players movement.
10 seconds is way too long. Freezing would be bad as well. Maybe slowed down for a couple seconds, or even slowing down weapon speed.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
I have a problem with the cold attack type, I think it could really be overpowered and I'm not terribly in favor of luck playing a role in fights so much.
At the moment luck already plays a factor especially when concerning poison, and whether your holy pos runs out or not, adding a freezing element might be too much. And slow already belongs to Aengus who are already too weak, unless slow was fixed to match Cold attack type slow, and allow Aengus to stack both on, I think it'd be equivalent to a nerf on Aengus.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:16 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
10 seconds is way too long. Freezing would be bad as well. Maybe slowed down for a couple seconds, or even slowing down weapon speed.
tbh I've just recently gotten into melee battles and I think there needs to be some crippling stuff, some stuff to really mess up ur enemies HP because currently with two maxed players a fight can last 10 mins

Old 04-15-2012, 10:17 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
regen is what breaks melee combat. being able to pray spam pray and get even more regen is dumb..

regen should be disabled for 10 seconds if you take damage from another player
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
tbh I've just recently gotten into melee battles and I think there needs to be some crippling stuff, some stuff to really mess up ur enemies HP because currently with two maxed players a fight can last 10 mins
You need to consider how this will translate not just to Melee vs Magic/Ranged but also arena battles where movement speed and damage are very different, a freeze in the arena may allow for just two much damage to be dished out by the opponent, also, a slow, stacked on top of a poison effect, may reduce too much of the opponents speed and make the battle too one sided.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:21 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
You need to consider how this will translate not just to Melee vs Magic/Ranged but also arena battles where movement speed and damage are very different, a freeze in the arena may allow for just two much damage to be dished out by the opponent, also, a slow, stacked on top of a poison effect, may reduce too much of the opponents speed and make the battle too one sided.
this is my main concern.

since the spar arena is very much like classic sparring any RNG could possibly ruin it (poison is bad enuf)
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:25 PM
ω
very true, freezing would be gamebreaking in spars. So yeah, a full freeze for 2 seconds or until one hit would be fair. im not worried about mages/rangers adapting to it as they'd get the benefits aswell.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
a full freeze for 2 seconds or until one hit would be fair.

The thing is, "one hit" would actually be 3-4 hits by the time the prey escapes from a properly executed fast-slash combo.

The only fix for this would be emulating the classic UN model by giving a few seconds of "blink" time (temporary invincibility for recovery purposes) but then that just opens the doors to other problems.

I like the fire idea, but the cold one.. not so much.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:48 PM
ω
i think one or two hits for free on a person from a 1/10-1/15 chance of hit is fair... in Spar it's a bit more serious but it can turn a battle around.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Idk, I just see tons of abuse happening with some sort of "freeze" weapon.

Imagine door traps + freeze? And I think one of the bows has cold attack type (might be ivy). Imagine the power someone has with ranged freeze capabilities?

Old 04-15-2012, 11:00 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
I think between 0.1 and 0.5 seconds of freeze time is the most we should see, 2 seconds is very unbalanced, you could land 3-5 hits within that time, which in an arena is a massive chunk of health. But I can see how in regular bmode this would not be such an issue. Why not have the arena free of such weapon effects? Even remove poison and blind to make it more pure.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Da conq
If that were the case ^ freeze wouldn't be so bad. (Except in the abusive mannerisms mentioned that are bound to happen).

Old 04-15-2012, 11:28 PM
ω
I think Battle Admin (Events Master Tool) should be set up to be way more customizable, just having this done would be equivalent to releasing several events.

Not allowing poison, regen, etc. Freeze I think at max 2 seconds, broken instantly upon first hit so the max you'd ever get on a frozen guy is 2 hits or 3 if the enemy is rly slow to move after being hit, and that's a 1/10 chance of happening. compared to burn I think it's pretty equal.

in the end, just changing up gameplay a bit would really be fresh and fun