Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2002, 04:15 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Spanko
Konidas I agree 110% about that. Stefan is making good money buy letting kids make GFX and such. If they were to have a real company they could easly hire people to make GFX.
Which is nearly impossible without a capitalist, or you and a group of friends to invest a little while you have people that are willing to volunteer to help; like those 'kids' making graphics.
Old 01-04-2002, 04:18 AM
Elite Member
psst,
I wasn't police when I got those accounts back, and even then, I had verification. You can't have your password changed by an account admin, or someone able to, without verifying the e-mail address.
Old 01-04-2002, 04:19 AM
Elite Member
Quote:
Originally posted by DeathChill
Konidias does have some points in his posts but some places he is sort of wrong..You ARE a player with power, power to help players,power to create levels to expand the graal2001 world, power to make NPC's to expand the graal2001 world..You are not someone who is above players...You're a player with the power to build graal2001 even better then it is now..Nothing more.
thsi s y i thinking ur gr8
Old 01-04-2002, 04:19 AM
Space Monkeys, everywhere
DeathChill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias
I think it would be neat for Stefan to make himself a newbie account, and to get on his own game and ask around for help and stuff.. just to see how terrilble some people can be, and how helpful some people are.. and just see WHY they are like that.
I'd like to know also actually..I am pretty sure why though...Greed....they want power and why should they help anyone if they don't get anything special for it? I'm prettyy sure that's everyones train of thought who's greedy an mean..Sometimes I give away my money to newbies because I don't use it and hey they don't know how to make it sommind aswell get thems tarted...ut actually newbies start out REALLY nice but then they play graal and kinda get screwed into meaness unforunately.
Old 01-04-2002, 04:25 AM
PlasmaDestroyer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PlasmaDestroyer Send a message via Yahoo to PlasmaDestroyer
Re: Re: What has Graal become?

Quote:
Originally posted by TheFrozenFiend
This is reply to the first post of the topic.

Paragraph 1: if its been deleted 3 times maybe (just maybe) someone doesnt want it up. You think youd have figured that out by the second time.

Paragraph 2: The only thing thats getting worse if the ammount of players who complain and think they could do better. Stefan doesnt have 24 hours a day to sit down and work on graal so some people who dont even want to pay for the game can have fun with it for 5 minutes before getting bored.

Paragraph 3: This is purely the players fault and no-one else can be blamed for it. The reason guilds are just a tag is because of players. The reason events are ruined is because of players. Youll never stop every player from doing something just because you dont like it. Some people only do it because others dont like it. Theres nothing you can do about it. Dont even bother saying ban people. Youd be getting rid of well over half the players and more will come, and come, and keep coming.

Paragraph 4: Why are there no teams for games? Players. Same things as guilds. Players dont care. After 5 minutes they are sick of it and want something else. If events team put on events people didnt want then people would complain. They just do what players want. Isnt that a good way to go about doing their job? Doing as the players ask? You cant sattisfy everyone. Thats a fact. They do however manage to satisfy a lot of people by doing what the majority want.

Paragraph 5: Players cant be corrupt. They dont have the powers to be corrupt. They can lie, cheat, hack and scam but that doesnt make them corrupt. Some players act like total idiots but if thats what they want to do they can. On graal 2001 I havent realy seen any corrupt staff. Sure, theres staff that wouldnt answer you if you waited an hour and FAQ's that couldnt answer basic questions about the server but thats not corrupt. Its just people being hired who shouldnt be hired. FAQ's shouldnt even need to be hired. Players should help each other. If someone asks me for help Id try answer them. I dont need some tag to do that. I dont need (FAQ) after my name just to help a person who needs help. Unfortunutely thats not the case with most people. In the end it all comes down to the players.

Paragraph 6: This I agree on for the most part. However you could just disable mass messages. Ignore toalls. Stay off graal. Nothing stefan says and nothing unixmad does can change this. This may be repetitive but its all down to the same thing. Players.

Paragraph 7: So what if someone tells you to shut up and die. Big deal. It shouldnt matter to you what some person who youve never met and probably will never meet says. If they have no valid reason for it then its irrelivent.

Paragraph 8: Its personal opinion. Like any game, in fact like every thing, ever created, some people will like it and some wont.
You cant please everyone.

The rest of the paragraphs are just your opinions on certain things about graal so I wont talk about them.

Half of what you said has nothing to do with graal itself but the people who play it.
Just think about that.
And this is coming from the person who hacked Dolphina (According to other people....But I personally think he's acting exactly like Ghost Hacker also... but I may be wrong)

-Made by Tucker Cloud

AIM Screename - Christian222us
Old 01-04-2002, 04:45 AM
superior888 is on a distinguished road
stefan is nothing but a cash thief

ICQ# 112882352 / AIM : zer0823
Old 01-04-2002, 04:53 AM
Radioactive Cow
Jinx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jinx
Quote:
Originally posted by superior888
stefan is nothing but a cash thief
How? I dont seem to see that. If any of us were in in Stefan's shoe's and had made a game that lots of people play you would want to try and make a little money off it.

Do you think it's totally free to host games like this?

-Jinx
InsaneFishP0sse: He got a severe paper cut last week and died of blood loss, very sad
Confucious2002: so unix took over his body?
InsaneFishP0sse: No, actually it was the NPC Server,
InsaneFishP0sse: Now if you PM Nemesis, he will go "I am Nemesis, the PW Admin, I handle almost all Playerworlds currently online"
Old 01-04-2002, 05:23 AM
Frank is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Frank
if people would be nicer, guess what. no more need for faq, we are there to be nice and helpful and I enjoy it. even when my tag was removed I still helped, I have the tag to let people know I am there
Old 01-04-2002, 05:25 AM
!_!
Metal-Slug is on a distinguished road
Re: What has Graal become?

Quote:
Originally posted by konidias
Posting this for the FOURTH time.. without anything to do with 2k2 staff or any other reason I can see it would be deleted because of unreleased 2k2 information

Graal is falling apart more and more each day. This is purely my opinion, and I'm nothing I'm saying is FACT or anything.. but please keep in mind what I say, as I'm sure some of you will agree with me.

Back in the days before P2P, playing on Graal was fun. The occasional hacker killing everyone was the only bad part. Besides that, guilds actually had a meaning, instead of just having a tag at the end of your name, you would actually be part of the guild, maybe have a guild area on the map, etc. Sparring was great, now it's nothing.. I used to do nothing but spar back before P2P, and I enjoyed every match. It was fun when you could just go to a spar arena somewhere, and line up with others to fight one on one in unofficial matches. Nowadays no one cares to spar, they just care about money, and if there is a spar event, it's for money, and it's always ruined by people shooting fireballs, etc.

Graal2001 was okay at first, but it has seemed to get worse every day, even though so many new things are added. The changing of bomy pets from their original version actually made them worse then before. Right about when golf came out, the minigame revolution began and we ended up with go-kart racing and football, which barely anyone plays anymore. (whatever happened to racing teams and football teams?) The events team has gotten terrible, they say the reason they hold cs and survivor is because that's what everyone asks for.. well no crap, if they haven't played the other events in so long, they wouldn't remember how fun they were.

The staff got worse, and so did the players, the forums turned into a battlefield (and still are) and are no longer enjoyable to me anymore. When hats were released in limited quantities, that started the money era. Now nearly everyone are greedy backstabbers, and no one cares to do anything but make more money and get more items. When objects and gralat became so desirable, "corruption" started to occur more.. most of it just being accusations of others being corrupt.. sometimes players would call other players corrupt just because the other player had a lot of money.

Now I get on each day, and find nothing at all to do. Everyone is too busy making money and scamming/finding ways to cheat to actually RP or just sit around and talk. Mass messages are a joke, they are nothing but filth, arguements, advertisements, and annoying "support my guild" messages. Toalls are just another form of communicating with others for the sheer point of arguing and fighting, and telling everyone else how much of a loser someone else is.

Nearly all of P2P players do nothing but argue and hate others now. No matter what you post on the forums someone tells you to shut up and die. It's ridiculous and definitely not what I thought my money was paying for.

Not to mention G2k2.. oh boy.. I'm sure a lot of you will say I'm wrong here, but I envisioned something a lot different for the next generation of Graal.. it's seriously disappointing in every single aspect. Stefan doesn't seem to really know what he is doing in the game development area. The graphics in 2k2 are good, I admit, but they do not fit well at all with the characters or terrain. Why doesn't Stefan improve Graal as a whole? He might have made the new 3d terrain stuff, but when the hell is he going to make a better way of layering? Why can't he make tiles that lay over the player sprite? It would decrease the need to use npc images, and the environment would be so much more realistic (walking behind trees and buildings without needing npcs for everything)

Then there is server scripting.. I find it nearly impossible to work with, there are so many little things that would improve the system overall. Why not have variables that save to the npc on the level, and can be read clientside AND serverside? Instead of being able to do simple things like having lights come on outside of a house when you turn lights on inside, it takes using workarounds and npc save variables which are troublesome and not documented well.

He still hasn't improved the playerlist by adding new features such as making your own user groups like the buddies group. I admit I like the new features on the level editor, they help a lot, but the new version of graal has a lot of editor glitches and I get headaches when I load my level and it turns into nothing but the left grass tile. Some of these things just really aggravate me as to why Stefan doesn't see these things and fix them. Even the player profile could be made to look so much better with more options and things, and when will Stefan ever make it so we can put php code or something on a webpage and have our stats show up there?

Then there is the level generator.. wouldn't a level generator program be SO MUCH BETTER then drawing your level in a paint program? Just take a look a this example. Why not have it so players can pick a tile (such as tree, dirt, water, grass) and when they use their mouse on the level, it draws the map out dynamically? It would make the worlds much more realistic and have much more detail with less glitches and people wouldn't think level generated worlds are bad anymore.

There are so many things that could be improved it just boggles my mind.. the more I research and learn about game development, the more things I see about Graal I don't like. Whenever I get skilled enough with programming I will be able to put my visions of a good game into light. In my opinion Stefan has bad taste in graphics and style. You think with all the money they pull in, they could hire a good team of people to work for them doing art and levels and things, and stop hiring kids to work for free, making not so great stuff yet Stefan adds it anyway because he doesn't feel like paying people to do better?

Why doesn't Stefan expand the tileset? Why must we use the same tiles for everything? What if we don't want to "addtiledef"? I want new houses, new trees, new bushes and things.. without having to replace other tiles that people also like. If Cyberjouer is such a professional game company, why doesn't Stefan hire more programmers for the actual game? (not npc scripters I mean delphi/c++ programmers)

{edited out because I can't voice my opinion on 2k2 staff}

I just wish Cyberjouer would become better as a company, and actually care about it's customers needs instead of making what THEY think is best.

I think I will be taking a time off from Graal as a player and as staff unless it shapes up and becomes the game that it should be, which is fun and exciting, not the same thing and boring, with jackass players and corrupt staff.

I know some of you could care less about my opinions and that is fine, who am I to talk about game development? I just want to make a career out of it, but I guess since I didn't make Graal, then I'm not as good as Stefan. I feel so limited working for Graal, in level making, in graphics, in scripting.. it's all limiting.

Oh and for the people that reply to this without reading it all.. please continue going to school, as your mind obviously can't handle reading a page of text.
i'd say admins like you are a good 98% of the problem

Er1c2 loaded the local ban info of Loriel-2002 RC
Old 01-04-2002, 05:29 AM
Re: Re: What has Graal become?

Quote:
Originally posted by Metal-Slug

i'd say admins like you are a good 98% of the problem
out of curiosity, what made you come to such a conclusion?
Old 01-04-2002, 05:30 AM
Sir Triclops is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sir Triclops
The staff and attitudes I encounter while playing online(and sometimes here) is the very reason I don't play online but once in a blue moon.
Old 01-04-2002, 05:32 AM
!_!
Metal-Slug is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Re: What has Graal become?

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank
out of curiosity, what made you come to such a conclusion?
i've been playing graal to long i guess

Er1c2 loaded the local ban info of Loriel-2002 RC
Old 01-04-2002, 05:35 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: What has Graal become?

Quote:
Originally posted by Metal-Slug

i've been playing graal to long i guess
Well I feel quit the oppisite, I think hes a pretty good admin
Old 01-04-2002, 05:37 AM
Banned
_0AfTeRsHoCk0_ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Damn you people don't you understand? Konidias is basically the ONLY person that does work on Graal 2001. He deserves whatever he needs to get the job done. I sure as hell would really worry for Graal 2001 is Konidias wasn't there because nothing new wpuld EVER happen

There was a time where I did not like Konidias, for a couple reason. One I was kind of immature. Second was that Stefan devoted almost all his time to Graal 2001 back then (as did many others'). Now things are different, Graal 2001 would be a relic of the past if it wasn't for him
Old 01-04-2002, 05:48 AM
Sir Triclops is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sir Triclops
Quote:
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Damn you people don't you understand? Konidias is basically the ONLY person that does work on Graal 2001. He deserves whatever he needs to get the job done. I sure as hell would really worry for Graal 2001 is Konidias wasn't there because nothing new wpuld EVER happen

There was a time where I did not like Konidias, for a couple reason. One I was kind of immature. Second was that Stefan devoted almost all his time to Graal 2001 back then (as did many others'). Now things are different, Graal 2001 would be a relic of the past if it wasn't for him
Konidias isn't the only person good at tiling, npc's, gfx, and with ideas. There are many people who could do what he does.