Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2002, 02:34 AM
Frank is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Frank
Quote:
Originally posted by PlasmaDestroyer
I think what he's trying to say is....If your not famous your opinion doesn't really matter to him... =/
I know what he was saying, hes just mad because his levels are bad
Old 01-04-2002, 02:35 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt

What are you talking about?
lol yeah.. see this is what needs to stop.. these people that think I'm power hungry for what? NO REASON. I don't want to run Graal, I don't want more power, I don't need more power.. I just want to make Graal as fun as possible. I don't care about being liked or having power, it really doesn't matter.. I could up and leave today and go work on my own things and better with programming but I choose to stay here to help Stefan and make Graal worth playing.

Everyone go check future improvements forum in a moment, I'm going to post the additions that should be added to playerlist options (I even made a layout of it in delphi to show exactly what I mean)

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 01-04-2002, 02:36 AM
Frank is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Frank
every level I have seen of yours has been bad, I mean I am not trying to offend you or anything but. they are really bad and we are straying from the point of this thread. so lets end this and get to the more important points of my post
Old 01-04-2002, 02:37 AM
PlasmaDestroyer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PlasmaDestroyer Send a message via Yahoo to PlasmaDestroyer
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias

lol yeah.. see this is what needs to stop.. these people that think I'm power hungry for what? NO REASON. I don't want to run Graal, I don't want more power, I don't need more power.. I just want to make Graal as fun as possible. I don't care about being liked or having power, it really doesn't matter.. I could up and leave today and go work on my own things and better with programming but I choose to stay here to help Stefan and make Graal worth playing.

Everyone go check future improvements forum in a moment, I'm going to post the additions that should be added to playerlist options (I even made a layout of it in delphi to show exactly what I mean)
I have MUCH better things I could so also. But I choose not to. I choose to try and make Graal better.
(Woohoo 9 pages =D)

-Made by Tucker Cloud

AIM Screename - Christian222us
Old 01-04-2002, 02:40 AM
Forbidden
G_yoshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to G_yoshi
Quote:
Originally posted by PlasmaDestroyer

I have MUCH better things I could so also. But I choose not to. I choose to try and make Graal better.
(Woohoo 9 pages =D)
4 pages for me...I have it set to show 40 posts per page
Old 01-04-2002, 02:42 AM
KHERRUPTED SHROOM
ArchOwl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArchOwl Send a message via Yahoo to ArchOwl
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank
every level I have seen of yours has been bad, I mean I am not trying to offend you or anything but. they are really bad and we are straying from the point of this thread. so lets end this and get to the more important points of my post

again,not being specific, you said every level I have seen of yours,but that does not specify if you mean ALL OF THE LEVELS IVE POSTED HERE or JUST THE ONES YOUVE SEEN. If you mean JUST THE ONES YOUVE SEEN, then that is again being vague.

And AGAIN; not really alot of points on your post are important. Infact,it really is not much of a important post.

[edit]And the point of this thread is to help g2k1,so how am i straying from it?[/edit]

DDR Videos.
More DDR Videos.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:42 AM
TheFrozenFiend is on a distinguished road
Re: What has Graal become?

This is reply to the first post of the topic.

Paragraph 1: if its been deleted 3 times maybe (just maybe) someone doesnt want it up. You think youd have figured that out by the second time.

Paragraph 2: The only thing thats getting worse if the ammount of players who complain and think they could do better. Stefan doesnt have 24 hours a day to sit down and work on graal so some people who dont even want to pay for the game can have fun with it for 5 minutes before getting bored.

Paragraph 3: This is purely the players fault and no-one else can be blamed for it. The reason guilds are just a tag is because of players. The reason events are ruined is because of players. Youll never stop every player from doing something just because you dont like it. Some people only do it because others dont like it. Theres nothing you can do about it. Dont even bother saying ban people. Youd be getting rid of well over half the players and more will come, and come, and keep coming.

Paragraph 4: Why are there no teams for games? Players. Same things as guilds. Players dont care. After 5 minutes they are sick of it and want something else. If events team put on events people didnt want then people would complain. They just do what players want. Isnt that a good way to go about doing their job? Doing as the players ask? You cant sattisfy everyone. Thats a fact. They do however manage to satisfy a lot of people by doing what the majority want.

Paragraph 5: Players cant be corrupt. They dont have the powers to be corrupt. They can lie, cheat, hack and scam but that doesnt make them corrupt. Some players act like total idiots but if thats what they want to do they can. On graal 2001 I havent realy seen any corrupt staff. Sure, theres staff that wouldnt answer you if you waited an hour and FAQ's that couldnt answer basic questions about the server but thats not corrupt. Its just people being hired who shouldnt be hired. FAQ's shouldnt even need to be hired. Players should help each other. If someone asks me for help Id try answer them. I dont need some tag to do that. I dont need (FAQ) after my name just to help a person who needs help. Unfortunutely thats not the case with most people. In the end it all comes down to the players.

Paragraph 6: This I agree on for the most part. However you could just disable mass messages. Ignore toalls. Stay off graal. Nothing stefan says and nothing unixmad does can change this. This may be repetitive but its all down to the same thing. Players.

Paragraph 7: So what if someone tells you to shut up and die. Big deal. It shouldnt matter to you what some person who youve never met and probably will never meet says. If they have no valid reason for it then its irrelivent.

Paragraph 8: Its personal opinion. Like any game, in fact like every thing, ever created, some people will like it and some wont.
You cant please everyone.

The rest of the paragraphs are just your opinions on certain things about graal so I wont talk about them.

Half of what you said has nothing to do with graal itself but the people who play it.
Just think about that.

Also known as TDM
Old 01-04-2002, 02:52 AM
Forbidden
G_yoshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to G_yoshi
Re: Re: What has Graal become?

Quote:
Originally posted by TheFrozenFiend
Paragraph 5: Players cant be corrupt. They dont have the powers to be corrupt. They can lie, cheat, hack and scam but that doesnt make them corrupt. Some players act like total idiots but if thats what they want to do they can. On graal 2001 I havent realy seen any corrupt staff. Sure, theres staff that wouldnt answer you if you waited an hour and FAQ's that couldnt answer basic questions about the server but thats not corrupt. Its just people being hired who shouldnt be hired. FAQ's shouldnt even need to be hired. Players should help each other. If someone asks me for help Id try answer them. I dont need some tag to do that. I dont need (FAQ) after my name just to help a person who needs help. Unfortunutely thats not the case with most people. In the end it all comes down to the players.
Actually, yes, they can be corrupt. Don't be naive and say that a player can't because it happens to many when they get access to NPCs or other tools. Yes, I know that a person calling an FAQ corrupt for not responding is crazy, but the meaning of the word has become so watered down that it's an excuse to call someone corrup when a person doesn't get their way...that is how it works.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:53 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
I don't blame the players.. you missed the entire point.. I'm not pointing fingers.. I'm stating that the players have changed because Graal has changed, not the other way around.

If there were more active Events Team people, then it would be possible to have football teams and things, but there isn't and no one can really manage that besides ET. I don't have mass messages blocked simply because I shouldn't HAVE to block them. But again it isn't the players fault.. when all you can do is get money and items, people get greedy and it consumes everything.

There is so much potential with G2k1 but there are barely any staff to run it anymore.. the game masters aren't mastering anything besides sitting around and coming online once a week. No offense to the game masters but aren't you supposed to do something? Not just make up rules and things but actually participate and be involved with the server?

Like I stated, the entire post was my opinion, and you shouldn't act like I was stating facts.. they were all personal opinions by me. You can either agree or disagree, but please don't think what I say is 100% right all the time.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 01-04-2002, 02:57 AM
Former Forum Admin/GM
AlkarenHyralt is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AlkarenHyralt
Quote:
Originally posted by Zulithe
Okay, the forum won't let me quote AlkarenHyralt's post because it's too big so I'll do it this way.

I don't agree. If people are so worried about post counts and wine and cry that people are spamming to get more posts, the solution is to hide post counts or REMOVE post counts. I AM 100% IN FAVOR OF REMOVING POST COUNTS
Spamming is not always about post count. Some people do it, just to be funny. Personally I don't care if people spam to get their post count up; post count means nothing. But I don't like to see a bunch of spam in the main forum where I try to read threads.

Quote:
It can be a very fine line! Insulting and harassing is against the rules, those rules are enforced. It's that simple, the definition of flame is not the issue here.
Well, to me it looked like you misunderstood what flaming was.

Insulting is another thing that while something may be insulting to one, it is funny to another. I don't exactly like that rule. Because it's hard to tell what is insulting and what isn't; it all matters on the person's...well, mod's opinion.

Quote:
Yes it is, THESE are the tools that mods use. They are the only tools needed, other than rules to enforce.
Indeed, tools to help find a solution. They are not a solution themselves.

Quote:
That may be, but not if my rules conflict with the ones Unixmad set into place. Which in the instances I've been giving examples of, it would.
I have never seen a mod make rules that conflict with those set by admins, in all my years.
A lot of times, rules are just altered some to help narrow it down for a certain forum by that forum's mod/s.

Quote:
Well if you want to get technical... :-p
Oh but I must.

Quote:
Nothing is so black and white, I never said I would throw all similar topics into one thread. But many of them may need to be in the same thread, it just depends. This is another example of a mod using his innate ability to use his power to the best ability (assuming he has such an ability heh) If not merge them, then what then? DELETE?
Tools. Remeber that those things are tools. And tools are not needed all the time. Most of the time, merge is almost never needed to be used. Only time it should be used is if there is cross posting, or something like that. Merging things makes things very confusing.

Quote:
I don't think that is the answer either. The topic at hand has seemed to be what threads should be deleted, and which should not. That is why I mentioned merge as an alternative to deleting.
As you said, give threads a chance. A lot of times they may start somewhat different, but will go in a completely different way than one about maybe the same topic. Much like a book.

Quote:
I can not do it... sadly. It would help me a lot. I have never been able to do it (only to my own posts)

How odd...that privilage is key to being a mod. Very strange that it was removed....

Forgotten through the passage of Graal time.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:59 AM
TheFrozenFiend is on a distinguished road
I know it was your opinion and I was giving mine.
I dont think you are right all the time. Hell, No one is.

Quote:
the game masters aren't mastering anything besides sitting around and coming online once a week.
lol

Also known as TDM
Old 01-04-2002, 03:02 AM
Liante is on a distinguished road
Corrupt police like Torankusu make Graal stupid. He told Loriel that the accounts, "TriPPy_AzN," and "AzN_TriPPy" belonged to him because there was well over 10,000 gralats in it and Loriel actually changed the password for him, and he jails people and kills them inside the jail to take their money.
Old 01-04-2002, 03:04 AM
Former Forum Admin/GM
Quote:

That is what I was talking about on the first page, Kon. How players see everything as nothing but a quest for power, which keepes those people who truely want to help from doing just that; helping.

Old 01-04-2002, 03:04 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Liante
Corrupt police like Torankusu make Graal stupid. He told Loriel that the accounts, "TriPPy_AzN," and "AzN_TriPPy" belonged to him because there was well over 10,000 gralats in it and Loriel actually changed the password for him, and he jails people and kills them inside the jail to take their money.

Uh.

Those accounts did belong to him.
Old 01-04-2002, 03:05 AM
Former Forum Admin/GM
Quote:
Originally posted by Liante

Psst..Toran hasn't been police for a long time..