Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2002, 02:22 AM
Forbidden
G_yoshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to G_yoshi
Quote:
Originally posted by joeycmoore
wow another thread where konidias wants more power, these are just getting old.
Oh, I am so high and mighty, I want power too

Hello?! Can you be that naive? You are as bad as the rest and cannot understand what is involved here.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:24 AM
Frank is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Frank
1. Arch Owl dont want to hurt your feelings but I have seen your levels... they are really really really really bad.

2. FAQ, so far the only job in existance where you get no power, yet get to deal with a lot of people. Whataver I dont mind it, just saying

3. <read Konidias's first post of this thread>

4. I loved graal 2001 when hats where free you could win bomys in events people were nice. Gave you money to get started if there is nothing to be greedy about, then you will eliminate greed.

5. I feel very strongly that yes 2002 is good but it is needless put that effort in to nw, and pay far more attention to 2001 I am tired of getting a new job every 2 months. Add more quests alot more quests classic will always rain supreme becuase it has density over a large area.

6. I have no problem with playerlist although making like more of a buddy list would be nice.

Also on the topic of the playerlist you shoud be able to sign on it without actually playing graal. I have wanted to go on faq sometimes yet not sign on its needless.

and that as they say, is that.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:25 AM
PlasmaDestroyer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PlasmaDestroyer Send a message via Yahoo to PlasmaDestroyer
Quote:
Originally posted by Zulithe
This entire BBS is a SPAM free zone (with the exception of Not Graal forum), if there is SPAM around, it's the mod's job to delete it. If it's not being deleted then there is a problem. Yes, we need some sort of head board admin that can take care of several things. Like setting rules, making sure that all of the mods ENFORCE the rules. Unixmad and Stefan ARE too busy for this, basically we need another "Galen" figure to step in.

I do not delete SPAM on my board because it is not against the rules. I also do not delete flames unless they are made to insult or harm directly, there is nothing wrong with arguing! If there are too many threads on one subject there is something called MERGE which some lazy (or too busy with other projects!) mods around here can't seem to use. I don't make rules, I enforce them. Now, if I was an admin, then yes I would make rules and see that they are followed, but that is not what I am here for.

And that brings me to my next thing. People around here are so quick to lay blame on the mods and demand threads deleted. I know because I am a mod, and I get many PMs about this. The great Gandalf said, "not even the wise can see all ends." Threads that at first glance may appear offensive to some, or worthless can have positive outcomes. Ideas are born, opinions are changed, friendships surface. Don't be so quick to sentence deletion to a thread unless it is a blatant violation of the rules.

I would much rather EDIT threads for content but that can be difficult in large threads. I still wish I could edit threads "on the fly" by using the "edit/delete" button next to the particular post. It would be so much easier, but instead I have to WADE through the entire thread and edit/delete/save each post individually. It is a real hastle and does not make my job easier.

Anyways, I know this thread is mostly about Graal 2002, and I wasn't going to even say much, but the forums are my concern too (as you say they are yours, so...) I may be a very low level mod of little importance but I take my position seriously. On the other hand, if people would NOT TAKE THE FORUM SO SERIOUSLY then it *would* be more fun for them. So my advice to everyone, unless the thread directly is against the rules, and you dislike the thread for some reason, just ignore it.

Hehe, end rant
One word. Amen.

-Made by Tucker Cloud

AIM Screename - Christian222us
Old 01-04-2002, 02:25 AM
Former Forum Admin/GM
AlkarenHyralt is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AlkarenHyralt
Quote:

What are you talking about?

Forgotten through the passage of Graal time.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:26 AM
Send a message via AIM to PlasmaDestroyer Send a message via Yahoo to PlasmaDestroyer
Quote:
One word. Newbie.

-Made by Tucker Cloud

Old 01-04-2002, 02:27 AM
Gunslinger
Zulithe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zulithe Send a message via Yahoo to Zulithe
Okay, the forum won't let me quote AlkarenHyralt's post because it's too big so I'll do it this way.

"As I said there should be a forum purely for spam where your post count doesn't raise if you post in there. Kinda like how Rumor Has It, is. This message board is not spam free. Everyone knows there is spam in almost every single form. But you may not see everything as spam while others do. Herein lies a problem. What counts as spam? Really what is considered spam is at a mod's descretion. Spam can not be stopped; it's just simply can't be done. Well, have an active message board without spam, unless you moderate every single post, and every single thread. But then, how can that message board truely be considered active? Everything is not in real time; it is whenever a mod or admin checks the post and decides it can be posted, and who knows when that might be?"

I don't agree. If people are so worried about post counts and wine and cry that people are spamming to get more posts, the solution is to hide post counts or REMOVE post counts. I AM 100% IN FAVOR OF REMOVING POST COUNTS

"One wonders if you know truely what flaming is? Flaming is not just petty arguing. It is a very crude form of insult others while at the same time arguing and trying to get your point across. There are better things than flaming though, as a friend of mine once told me....took me nearly half a year to understand what he meant...I understand now though. Anyway, there is a difference between arguement and flaming."

It can be a very fine line! Insulting and harassing is against the rules, those rules are enforced. It's that simple, the definition of flame is not the issue here.

"Merge, edit, delete, stick, unstick, all such things are tools; not solutions."

Yes it is, THESE are the tools that mods use. They are the only tools needed, other than rules to enforce.

"Part of having modship is keeping your forum in order, and rules are needed sometimes for such things. You have the ability to make rules. While there are very few rules to enforce right now, if any."

That may be, but not if my rules conflict with the ones Unixmad set into place. Which in the instances I've been giving examples of, it would.

"Actually, it would be the great Tolkien who said that, not Gandalf. Gandalf is a fictional character created by a writing genius."

Well if you want to get technical... :-p

"You say that threads should be given a chance even though they are offensive to some. Yet you criticize other mods for not using merge when there are more than one topic on the same subject. People have different opinions and as such may wish to express them in a different way than someone else might, so they create a new thread expressing their opinions there and so a new dicussion(sp) is formed. You would rather just throw such things together ignoring the fact that the topic may be about the same thing, but may also be different by discussing a different part of the same thing then others might. "

Nothing is so black and white, I never said I would throw all similar topics into one thread. But many of them may need to be in the same thread, it just depends. This is another example of a mod using his innate ability to use his power to the best ability (assuming he has such an ability heh) If not merge them, then what then? DELETE? I don't think that is the answer either. The topic at hand has seemed to be what threads should be deleted, and which should not. That is why I mentioned merge as an alternative to deleting.

"You should be able to do such a thing. All mods have that ability. Unless some of your extra privliages were removed."

I can not do it... sadly. It would help me a lot. I have never been able to do it (only to my own posts)

"Once again, you confuse me. You tell me not to take the forums so seriously, yet you claim to take your job *very* seriously, which in itself is the same thing as taking the forums very seriously."

Yes, I said "on the other hand..." which demonstrates my ability to see things from multiple angles
Old 01-04-2002, 02:27 AM
Cypherlrd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Cypherlrd
Wow...
For the very first time, I totally agree with everything that Konidias has said. And for the exact same reasons that were stated in his first post, you will not find me on Graal2k1 for any longer than 5 minutes. That is also why I am anxisously awaiting for my account to expire. Graal is addicitve, and it sucks to be addicted to something that bothers you.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:28 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by PlasmaDestroyer

One word. Newbie.
As if you're one to talk?...
Old 01-04-2002, 02:30 AM
KHERRUPTED SHROOM
ArchOwl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArchOwl Send a message via Yahoo to ArchOwl
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank
1. Arch Owl dont want to hurt your feelings but I have seen your levels... they are really really really really bad.

2. FAQ, so far the only job in existance where you get no power, yet get to deal with a lot of people. Whataver I dont mind it, just saying

3. <read Konidias's first post of this thread>

4. I loved graal 2001 when hats where free you could win bomys in events people were nice. Gave you money to get started if there is nothing to be greedy about, then you will eliminate greed.

5. I feel very strongly that yes 2002 is good but it is needless put that effort in to nw, and pay far more attention to 2001 I am tired of getting a new job every 2 months. Add more quests alot more quests classic will always rain supreme becuase it has density over a large area.

6. I have no problem with playerlist although making like more of a buddy list would be nice.

Also on the topic of the playerlist you shoud be able to sign on it without actually playing graal. I have wanted to go on faq sometimes yet not sign on its needless.

and that as they say, is that.
WHO are you?

DDR Videos.
More DDR Videos.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:31 AM
*Sorta Lost Zulithe but got the point lol*

-Made by Tucker Cloud

Old 01-04-2002, 02:31 AM
Frank is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Frank
Quote:
Originally posted by ArchOwl

WHO are you?
sorry I am not a graal celebrity but, that means I cant say your levels are really bad, or that I cant have an opinion?
Old 01-04-2002, 02:32 AM
Banned
Faheria_GP2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by PlasmaDestroyer
We can on 1.31 and 1.28 but Stefan says it's illegal for some reason.
duh! Players play on 1.31 = no profit or <3 for stefan
Old 01-04-2002, 02:33 AM
I think what he's trying to say is....If your not famous your opinion doesn't really matter to him... =/

-Made by Tucker Cloud

Old 01-04-2002, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Faheria_GP2

duh! Players play on 1.31 = no profit or <3 for stefan
I know, but he "claims" the copyright keeps us from makign a server lol

-Made by Tucker Cloud

Old 01-04-2002, 02:34 AM
KHERRUPTED SHROOM
ArchOwl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArchOwl Send a message via Yahoo to ArchOwl
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank
sorry I am not a graal celebrity but, that means I cant say your levels are really bad, or that I cant have an opinion?
which levels have you seen

archowlshouse,or zols, or zolsv2, or zolsv3, or zbs arena, please be more specific,and if you mean all,thats very offending,because the first 3 i KNOW are bad

DDR Videos.
More DDR Videos.