Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2002, 12:25 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Okay Stefan, so if I were to compose a list of things that may help improve Graal, you would take them all into consideration right?

We seriously need organization on 2k1.. It's sad to see no one there to admin the server and I still have no clarification as to what I do really.. Like I told you before stefan.. you need to make rules for admins and staff because it's obvious that they are needed. I just wish you would discuss things more and come on more then you do because it seems that nothing gets across to you when I catch you online for 3 minutes and you're in the middle of something, then you say "have to go, bye" and I have so many things I need to talk to you about.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 01-04-2002, 12:27 AM
PlasmaDestroyer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PlasmaDestroyer Send a message via Yahoo to PlasmaDestroyer
Seriously....

Let's get a list of things to make Graal better. Then we can work on them one by one. Together.

-Made by Tucker Cloud

AIM Screename - Christian222us
Old 01-04-2002, 12:29 AM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt

No message board is spam free, or flame free. That's basicly a law, so to speak. Not even I could stop spam from being posted, or stop people from complaining/flaming others. Forums don't always mean trouble though. Sometimes it's a good way for people to get reconized for their abilitys. Not having a message board of some kind is a bad thing. Especially for online games, because message boards (if run correctly and well) will help to draw people there who sometimes just post on the message board because they think it is fun, to actually playing the game. That's almost basically how it was for me. I upgraded my account really for the main reason on posting on the forums. Not so much for playing Graal. But no look, I'm an admin. These can of things happen all the time. Moderation is needed, true. But most people who are given modship are well suited to handle the task of modship. Usually people with adminship have very sound reasoning and convidence in the people they choose to give modship to.
There could be another moderator here. (in general discussion) Unixmad doesn't have to be a moderator since he is an admin he can moderate it anyway.

Of course the forums will have flaming and arguements but it's just gotten too bad now and doesn't seem to be getting taken care of. I mean look theres like 50 2k2 threads and more then half of them are completely negative. Then there is the hate threads for people and things that seem to be mulitplying every day.

Old 01-04-2002, 12:29 AM
Banned
shavomombetto is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to shavomombetto Send a message via AIM to shavomombetto Send a message via Yahoo to shavomombetto
I don't like Kondia's because he scammed me at a hat deal at an auction and didn't give me my hat ><

BUT

I believe he's right about everything, except level generator, because he just basically described paint, except not having to save as bmp file.
Old 01-04-2002, 12:30 AM
Send a message via AIM to PlasmaDestroyer Send a message via Yahoo to PlasmaDestroyer
The main reason they are doing it, is because they know they can do it without being jailed. We need to make rules and make people follow them. NOW.

-Made by Tucker Cloud

Old 01-04-2002, 12:32 AM
Retired Oldbie
grim_squeaker_x is on a distinguished road
  1. Rules:
  2. Obey the Squeaker.
  3. Give everything you have to the Squeaker.
  4. Say "Grim Squeaker is cool" every 5 seconds.
  5. If you're RPing you must RP a guy/girl who worships me.
Bwahahaha.
;P

KHERRUPTED SHROOM
ArchOwl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArchOwl Send a message via Yahoo to ArchOwl
I would love to help 2k1; but NOTHING I ever make gets uploaded nomatter HOW good it is. Ive seen some really REALLY bad levels get uploaded. Yet the remake of worldu-17 and worldv-17 didnt get uploaded.

DDR Videos.
More DDR Videos.
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally posted by shavomombetto
I don't like Kondia's because he scammed me at a hat deal at an auction and didn't give me my hat ><

BUT

I believe he's right about everything, except level generator, because he just basically described paint, except not having to save as bmp file.
Maybe you misread.. I meant make an editor that when you move the mouse over the screen it draws the objects on it.. like you select tree and when you click on the map it sets down a group of trees, then you can move the mouse and it would generate the trees dynamically.. put down water, and you could move the mouse and generate water dynamically.. to see how it will look from a zoomed out view.. with paint, it's just a bunch of colorful blobs.

Old 01-04-2002, 12:33 AM
Former Forum Admin/GM
AlkarenHyralt is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AlkarenHyralt
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias

There could be another moderator here. (in general discussion) Unixmad doesn't have to be a moderator since he is an admin he can moderate it anyway.

Of course the forums will have flaming and arguements but it's just gotten too bad now and doesn't seem to be getting taken care of. I mean look theres like 50 2k2 threads and more then half of them are completely negative. Then there is the hate threads for people and things that seem to be mulitplying every day.

As I said in one of my above posts, I have volunteered many times to help with the forums and keep them well maintained, but I am ignored. Mods can only do so much. Plus there are no supermods. Unbfortuantly, to help in the way I want it requires power on the forums. That is something that I doubt I will ever get. I wish there was a way to do so without "power" but, there is not.

Forgotten through the passage of Graal time.
Old 01-04-2002, 12:33 AM
Banned
freddyfox is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I try my best. That's all I can do. Yes, we REALLY do need a good forum admin, it would help.
Old 01-04-2002, 12:34 AM
Former Forum Admin/GM
Quote:
Originally posted by PlasmaDestroyer
The main reason they are doing it, is because they know they can do it without being jailed. We need to make rules and make people follow them. NOW.

I don't know exactly what you mean. Please be more clear.

Old 01-04-2002, 12:35 AM
Retired Oldbie
grim_squeaker_x is on a distinguished road
We should have Dante back as SuperMod, back when he was that he did a good job.

[Edit]
Oh, and Alkaren as Admin because he's paying me to say this. Just kidding ;P
[/Edit]

Old 01-04-2002, 12:35 AM
Well, find a good person who is willing to devote time to help the Forums.

-Made by Tucker Cloud

Old 01-04-2002, 12:36 AM
Old Bee
Maybe it would help to have moderators that aren't staff on a server or anything.. because I know Birdbird is busy with his projects, and godspeed with 2k2, so I really think there should be people dedicated only to the forums not to other things like g2k1 or g2k2, maybe if you're only like police or events team or something that's fine.. but not when you're a level maker or admin because it requires more time.

Old 01-04-2002, 12:37 AM
Former Forum Admin/GM
Quote:
Maybe it would help to have moderators that aren't staff on a server or anything.. because I know Birdbird is busy with his projects, and godspeed with 2k2, so I really think there should be people dedicated only to the forums not to other things like g2k1 or g2k2, maybe if you're only like police or events team or something that's fine.. but not when you're a level maker or admin because it requires more time.

I would gladly give up my job for adminship. Running and helping the forums is the only thing I have ever wanted to do.