Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan
Why don't we all just work on a pics2.png?
That's what this thread is for.

I'm just here to arrange things and add them into the tileset so that we can make the most of the space we've got.

Last edited by Draenin; 03-16-2012 at 08:34 AM..
Old 03-17-2012, 02:41 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I don't like most of the tiles used on the left side (trees and shrubs look great, large bolder and cliffs do not) and watch for repeating tiles on the right side.

My personal suggestion also is to make border tiles for the roof that do not include the color of the roof. That would save so many places for tiles.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:25 AM
anubis_wing will become famous soon enough
I like the castle tiles :O
Old 03-18-2012, 02:18 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
That's what this thread is for.

I'm just here to arrange things and add them into the tileset so that we can make the most of the space we've got.
Well, tbh, it should just be an edit of pics1.png so existing levels can be optimized without having to be completely remade...
Old 03-18-2012, 10:32 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Well, tbh, it should just be an edit of pics1.png so existing levels can be optimized without having to be completely remade...
I agree. Although one could also write a script to convert pics1 levels to another tileset, at least if it features all (or most) of the original tiles somewhere.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Should just make it a "mod" for Graal as in the sense as HoN makes custom texture packs for you to download for your hero. (If that still happens that is)
You could even build upon it by improving the default pieces.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:30 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
I completely disagree, the original pics1 has ugly tiles, erroneous tiles, redundant tiles, and completely obsolete tiles not to mention that is extremely frustrating to navigate through as a novice LAT (even I have issues and I've worked with the thing for almost a decade). Even a simple clean up of these tiles would probably break a large number of levels.

What needs to happen is a new pics1.png tileset be worked on in the form of a collaboration sort of like what is happening here (sorry Draenin, I think it was a mistake to choose the type 1 tileset, you're going to be extremely limited by blocking vs non blocking tiles). I am also going to push for transparency in the tileset for layer support. Dusty had the right idea when he started a pics1.png tileset for layering (big surprise).
Old 05-28-2012, 08:16 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Bump.

Anybody still wanna go through with this?
Old 05-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
I'd also love to see the end product of this.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:22 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Anyone else find this thread amusing? Only Callimuc has actually contributed tiles..
I wouldn't doubt he has given up due to lack of help and due to heavy criticism in an open project... This is why nothing gets finished lol...

There first should have been brainstorming and images given.
Rule one of brainstorming, don't shoot down anyones ideas until the end of the session.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-29-2012, 06:17 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I'm still quite at odds about what's going on here... I think it'd be quite a bit easier if we just started with an empty tileset, and the community slowly filled/edited it, and commented on the new tiles/edits.