Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 12:18 AM
retired graal veteran
k_killar is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to k_killar
is Graal##### ever going to be removed?

i thought this graal ### thing was temporary so that new players can get the good accounts names and not taken already
Old 12-24-2009, 12:19 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
No.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:45 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Hope registration is reverted back to the way it used to be.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:37 AM
No.
DarkReaper0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DarkReaper0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Hope registration is reverted back to the way it used to be.
Hold on, let me ask Satan what the temperature is in his house.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:47 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
no
Old 12-24-2009, 07:07 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
The way that Stefan explained it at first was that Graal###### wasn't meant to be visible at all unless the person hasn't already chosen an account name.

Account names were going to become a hidden thing and the use of email addresses for login and community names for in-game would take over.

The problem is that he didn't change anything on the client at all to actually hide the stupid account names, so now we're stuck with them.

What he should have done was just make all trial accounts expire if they haven't been accessed in 3 months.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:09 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Graal###### will only disappear when scripters start making their scripts not show them. As far as I know, the client doesn't actually show account names at all.

The reason the transition is so annoying to scripters is that many legacy scripts need major renovation to work with community names, plus there's a huge lack of support for them.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:23 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Graal###### will only disappear when scripters start making their scripts not show them. As far as I know, the client doesn't actually show account names at all.

The reason the transition is so annoying to scripters is that many legacy scripts need major renovation to work with community names, plus there's a huge lack of support for them.
Playerlist "show account instead of nick" uses accounts instead of community names. Profiles still show account names instead of community names.
RC needs to be updated as well.

Is there a community name equivalent of #a? Or has #a been changed to point to community names instead of account names?
Old 12-24-2009, 07:57 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Is there a community name equivalent of #a? Or has #a been changed to point to community names instead of account names?
You haven't scripted in a while, have you?

#a hasn't been used for years. The new Gscript equivalent is player.account, and the community name variable is player.communityname.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:31 AM
handsome
Catbert has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Nope.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:39 AM
retired graal veteran
k_killar is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to k_killar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
Nope.
i heard..
Old 12-25-2009, 04:33 AM
Kanto League Champion
Quote:
You haven't scripted in a while, have you?

#a hasn't been used for years. The new Gscript equivalent is player.account, and the community name variable is player.communityname.
I knew about player.account but I don't use GS2 much so my brain reverts to GS1. Like an English speaker trying to speak Spanish, my thoughts are still in English

Anyway, I thought the gang gui on Era was updated recently? It's still showing account names.
Look at the cluster of Graal###### accounts here. Would suck if one of them offtagged and then logged off and you couldn't remember who to remove.

Old 12-25-2009, 04:49 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
I knew about player.account but I don't use GS2 much so my brain reverts to GS1. Like an English speaker trying to speak Spanish, my thoughts are still in English

Anyway, I thought the gang gui on Era was updated recently? It's still showing account names.
Look at the cluster of Graal###### accounts here. Would suck if one of them offtagged and then logged off and you couldn't remember who to remove.
It would be difficult to adapt the current one since community names can change. It's not worth the time since Sales hopes to release his soon.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:17 AM
Kanto League Champion
Quote:
It would be difficult to adapt the current one since community names can change. It's not worth the time since Sales hopes to release his soon.
Man don't even bother. Community names are such a steaming pile of ****.
If everybody keeps neglecting to update all of their systems to include community names maybe in like 15 years Stefan will finally get rid of that crap.

Account names (visible static)
Community names (invisible dynamic (unless you change all your scripts and make them visible))
Nicknames (visible dynamic)

Which of those seems the most useless to you?
Old 12-25-2009, 05:23 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by demisis_p2p View Post
man don't even bother. Community names are such a steaming pile of ****.
If everybody keeps neglecting to update all of their systems to include community names maybe in like 15 years stefan will finally get rid of that crap.

Account names (visible static)
community names (invisible dynamic (unless you change all your scripts and make them visible))
nicknames (visible dynamic)

which of those seems the most useless to you?
(☞゚∀゚)☞

Tags
communityname, graal#####