Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 03:09 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Tigairius

I don't think that it is very acceptable for the Head of PWA to have blocked off virtually all forms of communication aside from E-Mail. I feel that you, being a PWA, should be available to contact on the Graal Forums with ease. I know this thread will be deleted, but I really hope you read this and reconsider.

Another thing I noticed is that you immediately closed the thread stating new PWAs were being hired. The simplest thing to do would be to Forum PM you a question because the applicant is unable to post in that thread, but that's impossible as you blocked it. It just doesn't seem right that you would disable all means of communication except for your E-Mail.

I can picture you opening this thread and responding before immediately closing it, but that's not the way to go. It gives a negative image when one goes around, debating people, and prohibiting them from responding. This is a negative example set for the rest of the PWA team, and if Graal continues this way, it is definitely not going to approve. (I'm not trying to be rude, here, just stating my opinion.)
Old 10-20-2011, 03:17 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
I totally agree with you. I was going to talk to with Stefan if/when I had a chance. Don't even bother emailing Tig. I'm still waiting on a response for a Email over a month ago or two ago, and it was quite an important email at that time. But because he can't take criticism, your thread will probably be blocked, and you will end up with an infraction.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:37 AM
LordBryson is an unknown quantity at this point
Same I still haven't gotten a reply from an email I sent awhile ago.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:16 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Is an email-only policy really an issue? It's rather difficult to monitor many different types of communication when you're dealing with high volume. If Tig is not responding to emails, then allowing PMs and other things too would only harm the chance of a response even further.

As long as his primary form of contact is clearly stated and easy to find, I see no problem there. Though I don't think ignoring emails is such a great thing to do, if that is happening.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:20 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
this is what happens when the head support guy is also managing 10 servers
Old 10-20-2011, 04:26 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Re-implement the support center!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:25 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Re-implement the support center!!!
I soo support this
Old 10-20-2011, 06:18 AM
zenkou
haro41 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to haro41
cant blame him. the job sucks, and there's no benefit to doing it. Who would really want to deal with player x scamming player y out of a uzi or some crap on era...30 times a day.

i feel what you guys are saying, but eff that I aint doin' it.

Zenkou for life
Old 10-20-2011, 06:19 AM
Arch_Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arch_Angel
I so support this thread. But ya, what sales said
Old 10-20-2011, 06:37 AM
Bert
snoop413 can only hope to improve
i agree with what mattkan said and considered making my own thread, but e-mailed him instead. i read through the app and it didn't really make sense to me.

- you must pay to do a job.
- you must have a lot of good graal friends and risk losing all of them.
- you must have a lot of free time and spend it all dealing with people who are going to bash you constantly.

based on that i can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would want to be a PWA, unless they are someone who enjoys all of the negative attention. there's no hook in the thread that say's what you get out of it.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:49 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by haro41 View Post
cant blame him. the job sucks, and there's no benefit to doing it. Who would really want to deal with player x scamming player y out of a uzi or some crap on era...30 times a day.

i feel what you guys are saying, but eff that I aint doin' it.

Your so right! Not like it's voluntary or anything , damn the draft!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:20 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
I agree. To be honest, I died a little inside when I heard the "Business Hours" support service policy being undertaken. That's all I'm going to weigh-in on about the matter. I haven't had a need to contact the PWA so I can't share first-hand experience with any of the complaints explained here. Certainly it's disappointing if it's happening as often as I hear, though.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 10-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Assistant
dabblercody is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure I totally agree with this thread. Yes, Tig does disable multiple ways to contacting him, but I can imagine he has a lot on his plate to deal with not only with Graal but in the real world. A primary source such as e-mail is fine. It would be preferable if he did have more ways though to speak with him. And who knows how often he checks his e-mail, but one thing is certain I can assure you he probably doesn't ignore any emails sent to him that associate with general and common issues.

"Our work is the presentation of our capabilities."
- Goethe, Johann Wolfgang Von
Old 10-20-2011, 08:48 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
I don't think that it is very acceptable for the Head of PWA to have blocked off virtually all forms of communication aside from E-Mail. I feel that you, being a PWA, should be available to contact on the Graal Forums with ease. I know this thread will be deleted, but I really hope you read this and reconsider.

Another thing I noticed is that you immediately closed the thread stating new PWAs were being hired. The simplest thing to do would be to Forum PM you a question because the applicant is unable to post in that thread, but that's impossible as you blocked it. It just doesn't seem right that you would disable all means of communication except for your E-Mail.

I can picture you opening this thread and responding before immediately closing it, but that's not the way to go. It gives a negative image when one goes around, debating people, and prohibiting them from responding. This is a negative example set for the rest of the PWA team, and if Graal continues this way, it is definitely not going to approve. (I'm not trying to be rude, here, just stating my opinion.)
Is there really much of a difference between a forum PM and an email? It is just easier for me when all messages are coming through one service.

As it says in the PWA hiring thread, if you have questions you are welcome to email me - and I hope you do. I generally respond to most emails except some that should be handled in [email protected].

As this is really not up for discussion, I am closing this thread, but I just wanted to clarify the situation for you before doing so.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

Last edited by Tigairius; 10-20-2011 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: Clarification
Closed Thread