Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
Awful, global guilds disabled so essentially a premium on (Guild).
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
This, I'm currently in 8 global guilds that were created/used heavily within Graal Kingdoms community with some of those being highly specific to GK. The most prominent amongst those being GK Legends, which now seems almost pointless as you can't even use it on the server it was intended to be used on.
A clan costs 120 NCs, which is not much. You can obtain NCs very easily in game too. Also, shrimps is sometimes holding events for a free clan creation.
+ you both are not even playing anymore, so I dont really know where the point of these posts are.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 10-02-2014, 03:00 PM
GK Events Admin
mazemaster is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mazemaster
Server specific clans are easier managed too. Seeing as there is no longer much global staff monitoring those guilds, they are now basically obsolete. Use the clan system on GK for good happy success!
Old 10-02-2014, 04:09 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
A clan costs 120 NCs, which is not much. You can obtain NCs very easily in game too. Also, shrimps is sometimes holding events for a free clan creation.
+ you both are not even playing anymore, so I dont really know where the point of these posts are.
I accept that I rarely play GK now and that my opinions obviously don't have as much weight as an active user, however, my point is still valid. Call me nostalgic but I used to love randomly using some of the more obscure global guild tags inside Bomboria trade in an attempt to spike activity and in many cases it worked. I distinctively remember times where Dwarven Assembly, Angelic Assassins, Hammerstone Dwarves, GK Legends to name a few were hugely active simply because one person online was using the global guild tag which were, in most cases very fun and interesting times especially for some of the RP centric guilds.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
I accept that I rarely play GK now and that my opinions obviously don't have as much weight as an active user, however, my point is still valid. Call me nostalgic but I used to love randomly using some of the more obscure global guild tags inside Bomboria trade in an attempt to spike activity and in many cases it worked. I distinctively remember times where Dwarven Assembly, Angelic Assassins, Hammerstone Dwarves, GK Legends to name a few were hugely active simply because one person online was using the global guild tag which were, in most cases very fun and interesting times especially for some of the RP centric guilds.
i miss mirk
Old 10-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
19 Euro's for a clan tag... I guess it's up to you if you think that's worthwhile. And I've already talked to a few players about how easy NCs are to farm, it's obvious that they're not "very easily" obtained since that would work against profit incentives.

The point of the posts are to comment on the "Clan System" update, lending our opinions as veteran players who've played, supported, and worked for/on the Graal Kingdoms server. Don't be so dismissive. While I understand this system is being used to make the Facebook integration a lot smoother as it will allow Facebook users to form clans within the game, for PC users this is pretty much just a premium with some kind of reward system to be introduced at a later date (something we're not to keen on hearing from management). You'd be more convincing if you introduced a finished product than what's available right now.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
You'd be more convincing if you introduced a finished product than what's available right now.
That's not within GK's development capability. That resounds with me as a unreasonable expectation.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
That's not within GK's development capability. That resounds with me as a unreasonable expectation.
So after admitting this, what's reasonable is to ask players to pay 19 Euro's for a Clan, something that was previously free to organise and create, for the promise of future clan specific content?

If you're capable of delivering said content, finish it, then release it together. If you're incapable, don't create a system that holds no benefits in comparison to the old (free) system but asks for cash.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:36 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
So after admitting this, what's reasonable is to ask players to pay 19 Euro's for a Clan, something that was previously free to organise and create, for the promise of future clan specific content?

If you're capable of delivering said content, finish it, then release it together. If you're incapable, don't create a system that holds no benefits in comparison to the old (free) system but asks for cash.
I completely agree. Well said. They keep making claims that they don't have the resources. But I've offered alot of help. And 9 times out of 10 they prevent me. Either nico keeps saying I'm not home, I'll do it later, or doesn't give the sufficient rights to do it yourself. And to make matters even worse he will assign a project for example to me. Then turn around and assign the same project to deas. And sometimes even ziro. And in the end it all basically breaks down to there not using the resources they have to there full extend. And there burning them out.

Clans for example are massively bugged and keep removing people. This problem was originally noticed during the kingdom vote we did that kinda came up empty. The problem is that dbnpc flags are stored in memory and sometimes the garbage collector, or npc server restarts will erase them. Rolling the content back. The solution to this however is to move systems over to sql. And only alpho has access to the clan script, so people like me who sit on our butt scratching our head completely bored that we can't do anything but are fully capable and available... you kinda see where I'm going.. I've diverted my attention more astray from gk and I'm focusing on helping people convert older servers gs1 content to gs2. Which should have been done a long time ago.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:00 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
And there burning them out.
I don't really know about Deas, but I wouldn't consider myself remotely close to being overwhelmed with work or feeling burnt out. I had a shitty project (ships) that's pretty much behind me soon, and once it is, I'm sure I'll be able to pump out updates as long as they're assigned to me.

Overall though, I agree with the points brought up. It's a bit silly to have to pay 19€ for a clan. I'm a firm believe of making all content available to all players on equal terms, but then having non-gamebreaking bonuses that can be purchased. As you can imagine from that, not really a fan of the gear barrels either, but I don't mind those as much given the current state of how hard it is for anyone to gear up from scratch on GK, which is one of many things I hope to eventually address.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-08-2014, 03:10 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I don't really know about Deas, but I wouldn't consider myself remotely close to being overwhelmed with work or feeling burnt out. I had a shitty project (ships) that's pretty much behind me soon, and once it is, I'm sure I'll be able to pump out updates as long as they're assigned to me.

Overall though, I agree with the points brought up. It's a bit silly to have to pay 19€ for a clan. I'm a firm believe of making all content available to all players on equal terms, but then having non-gamebreaking bonuses that can be purchased. As you can imagine from that, not really a fan of the gear barrels either, but I don't mind those as much given the current state of how hard it is for anyone to gear up from scratch on GK, which is one of many things I hope to eventually address.
Well, I was more implying that there are more-or-less bursts of production. People will do some work, then not be available for a few weeks or months, then again, ect. The last 3 assignments I had 2 of them got finished by someone else while I was working on the first one. And then after discovering errors that were not fixable thru those methods asked to move it to sql. But aside from just using the 'default' database. I have no rights to the serveroptions to add another. And getting nico to do that, well good luck. He is just on a different timezone then me so I am either going to bed right before he wakes up or waking up while he's at work. And myself at work when he is available. So his responses are always "later". Getting work assigned, and being able to communicate him is rather difficult since I am on Eastern Standard Time and work a 2nd shift (2pm - 10pm) job. Even with my 7-10 hour a day spent on graal it's impossible to see him.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:30 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:

We use design cycles. I'm sorry if this volunteer run game cannot produce the level of content you expect from brands like Apple or Blizzard.

As for the prices, I'm looking into adjusting them - I believe the original price was designed for a larger audience which assumed we would be live on Facebook by now.

That being said, it should be possible to gain NCs readily through the player market. No one is being forced to buy NCs.

That's not some shameful "admittance", as you prefer to present. It's a reality of development - there are cycles.

On a personal note; I don't think it's very gracious to treat community members or community leaders this way. I'm volunteering my time and skill, and so are a lot of other valuable people.

When players treat other community members aggressively, dismissively, or just otherwise rude it doesn't help anything.