Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2007, 04:08 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
New Trial System

Hello, I would like to devote this thread to the trials and how we need them. Graal is a fabulous game, as much as people say it sucks, many people play for being an unknown MMORPG. However, once V5 was release, did it destroy Zone and possibly Unholy Nation? I think without trials, the community as a whole, just will not be nearly as large, or active for that matter.

The meaning of a trial is basically in this case, a Graal player who gets a limited time to play on any server, excluding player worlds. But that doesn't mean we should limit what they can do. A trial shouldn't only have a few hours or so to play before they go into observer mode. A trial should be exactly like a p2p except for they only last a month, once your time is up, that's it, and you need to either upgrade or stop playing. Now most of you are saying that people would just make new accounts, but this is not true. Most games or programs can devise it so that the computer as a whole component can only run that program under one file, thus making it so even if you create a new account, the time is still up until you buy a subscription. Stefan and Unix have made it clear that they want Zone to be a better server. They have certainly changed it, but they overlooked one aspect. They forgot the most important ingredient to the concoction, the players!

We are not trying to server bash but are merely looking for a solution to this newest predicament. WE WILL NOT TOLERATE SERVER BASHING IN THIS THREAD
Old 07-26-2007, 04:12 AM
Jin
Black_Wallstreet is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree, Trials are the pinnacle of Graal if you will. You cant totally make them have nothing, no body can get a full feel for the game in that sense, you need trials to have time to get acclamated to the game, or else a new player will be rare.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:30 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
they overlooked one aspect.
Yah, only one.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:38 AM
Jin
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
Yah, only one.
And that "one aspect" affected the playercount now. Overlooking one miniscule affect could change anything greatly, and in this case, its the playercount.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:41 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Graal became dependent on trials supplying activity and playercount, I'm glad they're now limited.

But half screen and observer mode are a little much though, just make it like banning so they can't get on anymore for a month.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:58 AM
Jin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Graal became dependent on trials supplying activity and playercount, I'm glad they're now limited.

But half screen and observer mode are a little much though, just make it like banning so they can't get on anymore for a month.
Their are ways to script that you know, without the banning, you dont have to have a makeshift system to prevent them from playing.

More independant packages need to be made. Like an Era package/Un pacakge/Zodiac package...etc
Old 07-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Varia Developer
Angel_Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel_Light Send a message via MSN to Angel_Light
What they need to do to bring in more trials is to advertise Graal publicly
Old 07-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
I think it was the right thing limiting the trials. They could prance around servers thinking they will never have to pay for this game like alot of us did. Sure they made alot of the playercount but that was because theyre taking advantage of the fact they dont have to pay at all.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 07-27-2007, 08:56 AM
Jin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
I think it was the right thing limiting the trials. They could prance around servers thinking they will never have to pay for this game like alot of us did. Sure they made alot of the playercount but that was because theyre taking advantage of the fact they dont have to pay at all.
They should be able to test out a p2p account to its full extent, not have a screen half-size, no one is going to buy a game where you cannot test it out fully, or atleast not many people will.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:05 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I think it was the right thing limiting the trials. They could prance around servers thinking they will never have to pay for this game like alot of us did.
So?

Quote:
Sure they made alot of the playercount but that was because theyre taking advantage of the fact they dont have to pay at all.
So?

You act like they weren't already restricted.

What people forget is that instead of *****ing about the number of trials and instead of forcing trials to upgrade, they should give them a REASON to update. Many of us upgraded or have been upgraded because we were still around during the good times of Graal.

I'm sorry but Graal has sucked since about 2004 when there was nothing new. Sure, Zodiac came around last summer but Zodiac isn't exactly what i'd call hot. Zone came around but died quite quickly, then was revived as a Gold server which is now dead because trials kept it alive.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Jin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
So?

So?

What people forget is that instead of *****ing about the number of trials and instead of forcing trials to upgrade, they should give them a REASON to update. Many of us upgraded or have been upgraded because we were still around during the good times of Graal.

I'm sorry but Graal has sucked since about 2004 when there was nothing new. Sure, Zodiac came around last summer but Zodiac isn't exactly what i'd call hot. Zone came around but died quite quickly, then was revived as a Gold server which is now dead because trials kept it alive.

Well done!

The point being is that without trials, Zone has less players than some servers have staff.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Prince
Quote:

And how easy is it to get the hearts and **** in most playable servers? I will admit Un takes a while plus not worth it since you cant spar., but delt takes 5 min and classic takes 30 min and NP you come in and have everything already.

And dont forget zenkous release sometime in the next few months (hopefully if we get a few more fellow staff).

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 07-29-2007, 09:18 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
And how easy is it to get the hearts and **** in most playable servers? I will admit Un takes a while plus not worth it since you cant spar., but delt takes 5 min and classic takes 30 min and NP you come in and have everything already.
Their stuff is still not saved. They can't spar on any server, it doesn't count as rating.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:27 PM
Prince
Quote:
Their stuff is still not saved. They can't spar on any server, it doesn't count as rating.
On classic it does LOL. And i think guests can enter spar arenas but u'll get banned if a spar mod sees you in there, so theres a semi plus. unless Un fixed that.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 07-28-2007, 07:46 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
You said trials should be exactly like p2p's but only last a month? Then that would kill alot of the paying for graal wouldn't it? Sure i miss trials, but i think they should come back and be the way they were before. People would take it a basic challenge to see how far they could get in a month, and then just make another account and try again.