Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2010, 03:47 AM
Atrius Manager
TheJames can only hope to improve
This is true Stephen. Not to just as capable, I actually do develop, you know that. Its hard to make a server all by yourself though. Its rough enough finding developers nowadays.

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 03-20-2010, 03:55 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJames View Post
This is true Stephen. Not to just as capable, I actually do develop, you know that. Its hard to make a server all by yourself though. Its rough enough finding developers nowadays.
The development community is diluted.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:21 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
make them give me a copy of armageddon so i can finish it and release it to classic already, seriously ):
Old 03-20-2010, 05:57 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I really do wish we still had a support center. It is very difficult to keep our support responses organized and such when we're all replying to separate emails, etc.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 03-20-2010, 06:25 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I really do wish we still had a support center. It is very difficult to keep our support responses organized and such when we're all replying to separate emails, etc.
Google Wave would be perfect for this, if only it were public.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:50 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
That's like buying a smaller pool every time some water evaporates, instead of just refilling the pool.

Limiting projects isn't going to solve the problem. And with such a small pool of projects (5) and no possibility to start their own new project, there is a very real possibility that developers might just be put off.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:59 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Why not just set up an email address for example such as gmail and then just create different folders for each division. Then when emails pop up in the inbox, if you open one and see it's for say account issues, put it in w/e folder and mark it as unread. Then whoever's job it is can read it. When responding to emails you'd just have to put a signature so people know who is responding. Much more difficult than a support center, but better than nothing at all.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:19 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
Same thing with Era.

The only thing you need is a gun, but you don't even need a good gun. If a players good he can beat anyone not matter what gun they are using. I wouldn't consider myself a bad sparrer, but someone like Wil can beat me with handguns.
after 3 weeks of poking trash with a stick, and 4 days of digging shells.. VOILA you now have enough to buy the cheapest gun.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
after 3 weeks of poking trash with a stick, and 4 days of digging shells.. VOILA you now have enough to buy the cheapest gun.
If it takes you 3 weeks and 4 days to get $200, ur doin it rong!
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 03-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
If it takes you 3 weeks and 4 days to get $200, ur doin it rong!
Yeah, lol.

I used like one whole shovel too get like 150-250 $ in 10 minutes (shovel did break).
Old 03-20-2010, 02:40 PM
MrName is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnegel View Post
Yeah, lol.

I used like one whole shovel too get like 150-250 $ in 10 minutes (shovel did break).
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJames View Post
I don't even know how to apply for hosted =/
There is a whole list with rules to get Hosted / Classic in the Playerworlds Main Forum, All you have to do is make sure you follow these rules, make sure you have everything done and send a Forum PM to one of the PWA’s.
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...91#post1468891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
Like TSA & Dnegel said, If you take a month getting like $200 you are doing something weird, Since it takes like 5 to 10 Minutes shoveling to get $500 I think.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Why i think that Graal is going dead..

The new trial system, This really sucks and this needs to be changed back to the old system. The time i started playing we had this old system, When you logged off you lost everything. This made me play Graal much as possible, i kept walking to my PC while dinner to move my character a little bit so i wouldn't log off. I kept trying to get better and better, Finally i got mad of it and it made me buy gold.
If i started again right now, I wouldn't even consider paying for Graal. Why should i? I can just play as a trial, Why do i have to buy gold? For those few extra things? I wouldn't do it for that.
Another problem which this new system gives, When you lose your gold you just get to keep all your items and when you buy gold you still have them. So you don’t even have to keep playing. When you lose your items when your gold runs out, you have to keep playing and paying. And since you don’t want to lose your items you will keep paying.

That was the Trial system, Now let’s get to the Playerworlds.

The player-owned playerworlds also don’t make it better. There are very much good developers on Graal, The problem is.. The good/pro developers don’t want to work on those small playerworlds, This way the playerworlds have to do it with bad/normal developers which makes if very hard to create a awesome new world. At the same time, I have been looking around to get some pro graphic artists on Noctorious. This was really hard, since the most are busy on the Classic/Gold servers or I had answers as ‘Sorry I don’t have time, I have to work for Stefan’.
If we had less playerowned server, But if we would have good developers there too we would have more new good servers.

But the playerowned servers are not the only problem, Have Zone as example. I personally think Zone is a very awesome server, When I started playing graal I only played Zone. And I kept playing Zone, Why? Because you always had fun there, there were players, events and lots of fun things. There was always something to do. But then Zone made some mistakes and the server went down, Lost a lot of players and now it’s pretty much ‘dead’.

While Zone has a lot of awesome developers working on their debug server, There aren’t any updates and no players. This server is actually taking away awesome developers for nothing right now. I don’t have anything against Zone, And I really love the server. I would love to see it back online having this awesome playercount. But it needs to make changes, which they won’t make. I can’t say that this is because of the Manager (Stephen) or the staff’s since I also heard that they always have to wait for Stefan to upload it to the main server. But if that is the problem, Give the Manager the rights to change those things Stefan.

Ofcourse I can keep going on like this, But I don’t want to..
The problem was created by Stefan, Unixmad but also by us. Don’t blame him for everything while the players also did things they shouldn’t have done.

I just think that we have to change some changes that Graal has made..
- Bring the old trial system back
- Remove this stupid Graal### system

And for Zone personally..
- Remove the Hotkey system
- Remove the Gelat Shop, Bring the good old zone money shop back.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:43 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Google Wave would be perfect for this, if only it were public.
I have some invitations if anyone wants them, it's strange though... I wouldn't recommend it for a support center
Old 03-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Couldn't they make their own in-client support centre system? I'm sure it wouldn't be THAT hard and at least they can control the security side of things. The previous version was fully of things that weren't used like news, downloads and FAQs (the latter used in the sense content was published but I'm not sure noobies went there for the answers to the questions). So literally a way to submit a message, within a category and have the relevant staff member view, respond and close a problem accordingly.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:01 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910 View Post
Couldn't they make their own in-client support centre system? I'm sure it wouldn't be THAT hard and at least they can control the security side of things. The previous version was fully of things that weren't used like news, downloads and FAQs (the latter used in the sense content was published but I'm not sure noobies went there for the answers to the questions). So literally a way to submit a message, within a category and have the relevant staff member view, respond and close a problem accordingly.
I've offered Era's, which is in-game and does all of that and more (permissions for each staff member, "hidden categories" to forward to other staff, works with community names flawlessly, etc), but apparently they're not interested in an in-game support center.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:02 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I've offered Era's, which is in-game and does all of that and more (permissions for each staff member, "hidden categories" to forward to other staff, works with community names flawlessly, etc), but apparently they're not interested in an in-game support center.
Only Stefan could implement something like that across all of Graal Online. Stefan is currently developing the client, specifically for iPhone. Hold your breath on this one and tell me how it works out for you.