Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Screenshots! 01/18/07 (big images)

I figured I could show some screenshots from the server since we've made a lot of progress now. These were all taken while it's raining (in-game) so that's why they are a little dark. If you'd like to see this server become public and you have any development skills at all, please contact me to help out. As we are always looking for people to help get the server done faster. Enjoy.

Near Unstick Me

Totally New stuff (see if you can spot something fluttering around)

TNT/Bomb shop revised. (Glyco character isn't finished yet, he's supposed to have white skin, not pale)

Near chair lifts (chair lift platform is also going to be changed)

Up near the mining village

Feel free to give constructive criticism on levels, graphics, whatever... just don't say "that sucks!" or your post will be pruned.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 01-18-2007, 03:23 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Not a fan of the new sand tiles, nor the path tiles in the first screenshot.

The tiling isn't that great in the second screenshot (grass tiling, etc), but the house looks nice (finally, a house with foundation). Does the butterfly change directions and have different animations? It would be really cool if it would land or group with other butterflies. Trees scare me for some reason.

Third screenshot, I really had to look at it before it hit me. You edited the default inside tiles, but didn't change them to the point they would be unrecognizable. I think they look pretty good.

Fourth screenshot, nothing really impressive.

Fifth screenshot, the cliffing or the new cliff tiles are horrible. It looks like the layers are lightning bolts because of how zig-zaggy and unsmooth they are.

Other things that caught my eye were:
The bug catching net. Are we going to use this for catching butterflies, or fish?

The weather system. Looks great, maybe you could show us what each type of weather looks like. Is there going to be snow, or is it a rain, sunshine thing?

The graphics. Heads and such look pretty amazing. I am sort of iffy on the grass tiles, sand tiles and certain path tiles, but all in all, it is pleasing visually.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:59 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Everything looks amazing except for the grass to dirt and grass to grass transition tiles.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Not a fan of the new sand tiles, nor the path tiles in the first screenshot.
They grow on you.

Quote:
The tiling isn't that great in the second screenshot (grass tiling, etc), but the house looks nice (finally, a house with foundation). Does the butterfly change directions and have different animations? It would be really cool if it would land or group with other butterflies. Trees scare me for some reason.
The butterfly changes direction animates nicely yes. It's possible to script them to land near eachother... we'll see.

Quote:
Third screenshot, I really had to look at it before it hit me. You edited the default inside tiles, but didn't change them to the point they would be unrecognizable. I think they look pretty good.
Thanks. I plan to do more editing still. None of the tileset is finished really.

Quote:
Fourth screenshot, nothing really impressive.
You should have seen the level before.

Quote:
Fifth screenshot, the cliffing or the new cliff tiles are horrible. It looks like the layers are lightning bolts because of how zig-zaggy and unsmooth they are.
Actually that's because the cliff tiles are halfway through being modified. Don't pay too much attention to the cliff tiles yet. I haven't even edited the up views of cliffs at all yet. lol.

Quote:
Other things that caught my eye were:
The bug catching net. Are we going to use this for catching butterflies, or fish?

The weather system. Looks great, maybe you could show us what each type vof weather looks like. Is there going to be snow, or is it a rain, sunshine thing?

The graphics. Heads and such look pretty amazing. I am sort of iffy on the grass tiles, sand tiles and certain path tiles, but all in all, it is pleasing visually.
The bug catching net will be used to catch butterflies and many other bugs/small animals. It won't be used for fish though. Mainly insects and small land creatures.

The weather looks a lot better in motion. There is snow and wind and eartquakes and sunny days and cloudy days. So far we have snow/wind/cloudy/rain scripted. I might or might not post screenshots of those. Gotta save something for release day.

As far as graphics go... It will all blend together in the end. I know the grass is a big change from the normal plain grass but it's grown on me over the months and I couldn't imagine the server without it. I might be able to improve the grass edges and stuff though. We'll see!

Old 01-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Bitterchaos is on a distinguished road
:o

wow! impressive! geee-wiz who made those sexy trees?
Old 01-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Yall should create your own inside tiles and some of the outside tiles should be edited more to fit with the overall style of the rest of the tiles.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 01-18-2007, 05:37 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
amazing!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Chance Mercy
6Burning6Church6 is on a distinguished road
Why do those trees look so familiar...

- American Pride
"We will stop terrorist TOGETHER." - President Bush
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
Oh that can happen because of stupid coding,
people doing stuff like

if (playertouchsme)
toweapons I am a dumb scripter
}

forgetting the ;
"Never argue with a idiot, or they'll be you by experience."
- So that means don't argue with me.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:04 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Burning6Church6 View Post
It looks nothing like Delteria's. Delteria's are more skinny and aren't this good looking. :X
Old 01-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Official Idle/Level Maker
hampy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to hampy Send a message via AIM to hampy Send a message via MSN to hampy Send a message via Yahoo to hampy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Burning6Church6 View Post
Yawn, no!
Old 01-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
I'm not a big fan of the cliffs nor the tree trunks, the rest I adore! Nice job team =D
Old 01-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Looks nice but I think the clock/weather takes up too much screen space. I'd make it smaller.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Looks nice but I think the clock/weather takes up too much screen space. I'd make it smaller.
It's toggleable... if that makes any difference.

(I'm not even sure toggleable is a word but it's awesome anyway)

Old 01-19-2007, 06:04 AM
Chance Mercy
6Burning6Church6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
It looks nothing like Delteria's. Delteria's are more skinny and aren't this good looking. :X
I didn't say anything about Delteria..but now that you mention it they do kinda look like the tree's on Delt Dev.

- American Pride
"We will stop terrorist TOGETHER." - President Bush
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
Oh that can happen because of stupid coding,
people doing stuff like

if (playertouchsme)
toweapons I am a dumb scripter
}

forgetting the ;
"Never argue with a idiot, or they'll be you by experience."
- So that means don't argue with me.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:35 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
The tree-top style looks a lot like delt with some small differences, but the trunk doesn't look as good as Delt's.

But nice work Koni.