Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 02:59 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamutstevetff View Post
i think the fact that graal has to rip us off to stay afloat says something about the game.
the fact that we actually pay for this game whilst knowing we're being ripped off also says something about us. xD
Old 01-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Graal has a lot of expenses to pay for and Stefan is pretty much unpaid other then what little is left after they pay the bills and buy new things for graal and with declining enrollment it gets worse, but ya part of the fluctiation is the changing of the euro and american dollar not the major ones you guys are talking about but simple ones

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:30 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykel View Post
Did you ever think that it's possible that if we had management that listened more to the customer and treated them with the respect that they deserve (or, at least buy), maybe they'd make that much more money and not have to worry about jacking up the prices for the limited number of players we have.
In fear of this turning in to a clone of every other topic on management, did you ever think that it's possible that the forum-base isn't as deserving as it likes to think? I'd much rather help those that play the game without constantly stabbing me in the back, while simultaneously demanding more attention.

Just a thought, though...
Old 01-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Gov'nah
Zeltino will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
In fear of this turning in to a clone of every other topic on management, did you ever think that it's possible that the forum-base isn't as deserving as it likes to think? I'd much rather help those that play the game without constantly stabbing me in the back, while simultaneously demanding more attention.

Just a thought, though...
We aren't talking about Server Staff making new things and experiences. We're talking about the actual STAFF of Graalonline - you know, the people that get paid with REAL money. On large, a lot of great ideas are just filed away without any attention what-so-ever. And customers are, for the majority, completely ignored.

@ CharlieM:
I doubt anyone is BUYING new things for Graal - Hardware or Software wise. I haven't heard of a Server Upgrade in a while, and all of the Graal Software is written specifically FOR Graal. This is free, because it's the Developers of Graal making it, not an outside third party.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
They have to buy new servers and pay the bills for everything, last I checked Stefan and Unix were buying new things every year.

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:51 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeltino View Post
We aren't talking about Server Staff making new things and experiences.
Neither am I. Though, server staff should be receiving a lot of the negativity applied to the Graal employees. After all, even if an update is released each month, server staff are still the ones that make the game. In my opinion, your endless rage ought to be directed at the ones that are responsible for actually creating the content you play on.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Gov'nah
Zeltino will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
Neither am I. Though, server staff should be receiving a lot of the negativity applied to the Graal employees. After all, even if an update is released each month, server staff are still the ones that make the game. In my opinion, your endless rage ought to be directed at the ones that are responsible for actually creating the content you play on.
I'm not raging. This thread is about to be de-railed, so I'm just not going to go into it. .
Old 01-19-2009, 11:48 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
I am really loving classic subscriptions now.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Steele 4 EVER!
Kalyssa is on a distinguished road
What will happen, I mean for me, is that in 2 months my GK subscription ends, so I will just don't pay and go on classics servers. I know that if everybody do that Graal will just close, but when you look at the price for subscription, like someone said earlier in this thread, you better play a Full 3D game such as WoW and enjoy the money you spend.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
It is kind of pathetic that we are still seeing people trying to justify the cost, as though players are supposed to be upgrading for reasons other than their personal enjoyment. It's not selfish, it's not unwarranted, it's the reason people buy things for, and why shouldn't they? It's their money. I've responded to this kind of attitude already, so rather than repeating myself as apparently that's all everyone does, I'm just going to quote it again as some people still do not seem to understand the concept of a purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
A business transaction is only made when both parties feel it is a good deal. The reason that Graal is not gaining a decent profit is because many people don't feel it's worth the cost, and is it really? The majority of players have lifetime Classic, and that is all they need. People who do upgrade are usually upgrading to play Zone or Graal Kingdoms and although I don't see what people like in Zone, paying 36 euros for 12 months access and two updates within that time is not worth it at all.

Graal is not a charity case, consumers take into consideration what is best for them when making a purchase, not how it would effect the business they're buying from so what kind of stupid reasoning is that? The prices for a Graal subscription are overly expensive for what you're presented with, what you've got to deal with, and the lack of appreciation you receive as a paying customer. Graal is ridiculously priced within the entire market, and there are many other free games out there to choose from. The pricing plans are not steep, they're extremely stupid.
The pricing strategy used (if there even is one, lol) on Graal doesn't appear to be working. I was going to upgrade someone at Christmas, but decided against it when I seen the price and the lack of quality updates on the servers I'd be upgrading the person to play on. In order for people to actually buy into this product, both the pricing and the game content needs to be good. I do not agree with bringing back "lifetime Classic" though, that'd just be stupid.