Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 04:53 AM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Updates, what?

Well, when you have an update people find something to complain about. When you don't update, people complain.

What do you do?

Old 12-23-2008, 06:25 AM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
Depends, did the update ruin the server or improve it. People are going to be jackass' either way. The important thing is to find some way to separate idiots from real issues.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:22 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
Well, when you have an update people find something to complain about. When you don't update, people complain.

What do you do?
You release a good update that makes you a fortune because everyone loves it, retire young, pay child support because you have like 50 pregnant wives due to your success, own a timeshare in Fiji, and then become a real estate mogul. I suppose after that then it's all down hill, drug abuse and your various spouses from the far reaches of Earth coming in contact with each other. You're left a broken shamble of man, penniless because of countless court orders, you've lost the respect of your business partners, the trust of your consumers, and admiration of all the people you've lied to and cheated to come this far. The world falls apart around you, but you don't give up hope there's a kill switch, one last trump card to pull you out of this wreck and bring you back to simpler times or better yet, back to richer times yes there is and I will do it. You drink yourself into a stupor, your drunken daze is the only one left to care for you. Daddy daddy please get up no son I'm busy saving us you see it, there it is. Hope, you keep telling yourself, it's smiling at me, it's right there I can reach it I'm coming I'm going back we'll all be happy I know it but no wait it doesn't happen why are things so wrong what do you mean foreclosure what scam. You're struck with the harsh realization that perfection is in fact possible, but for a limited time, oh how the mighty have fallen, your downward spiral has ceased, now you're just on a straight plummet to Earth. The wind is tearing through your cropped hair that you spent a fortune on. Watches and rings flying past your wrists and into the endless sky, your pockets losing their once weighty and valuable contents. Your buckled shoes and coattails mean nothing when you're a blooded pulp on the ground. Your perfect life is at an end, you're coming close to the final mission but wait no I can make it I'm better than this you're better than this I'm better than this. You can't look to alcohol, you're already wearing permanent grog goggles, no what if I can't make it. Can't find the exit, can't find the exit, no it's here somewhere, I just need money to dig myself out, your wife has money, just take her, no one will know and I'll be safe, but wait no my son, your son is looking at you oh my god can I do this you pull the trigger again bang bang click, we're done here it's okay because I'll be happy, is this the way out was it worth did I do the right thing did you do the right thing? Suddenly there's sirens but no I was doing the right thing I'll be okay and look at you now you're behind bars. Am I serving life, where is my lawyer how do I get out escape escape escape where is the exit what is that chair why is he holding a needle why am I screaming this isn't funny you should not be amused it's dark help I can't see why oh why were we perfect, we were too good we angered the gods oh my god help me I can still live what is this sensation

Now tell me, is a perfect update that we all love really worth all of that?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:31 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
A good update is an update that will improve the server in the long run, regardless of what people complain about. If you have the whole big picture in mind it's all very clear, no matter what anyone says.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 12-23-2008, 03:06 PM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
Take Zodiac for example, Jerret spent a week trying to balance out the economy ECT. It has a good update in my opinion since everything was actually balanced, but no one else liked it.

Hmmm?

Old 12-23-2008, 05:20 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Take Zodiac for example, Jerret spent a week trying to balance out the economy ECT. It has a good update in my opinion since everything was actually balanced, but no one else liked it.

Hmmm?
People don't all have the exact same ideas on what is and isn't balanced, and changing something that's been long standing is usually a turn off
Old 12-27-2008, 07:40 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
Quote:

What do you do?
The idea is... to make an update that doesn't suck so people don't complain about it.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:10 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkool666 View Post
The idea is... to make an update that doesn't suck so people don't complain about it.
What constitutes "doesn't suck", is the main point in that question.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:16 AM
The face of the Earth.
Vincent3313 is on a distinguished road
I didn't notice anything different after the update. Only that when you
join a party you can see the HP/Mana/Grace on the top left corner.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:46 PM
()
Vulgar is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vulgar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent3313 View Post
I didn't notice anything different after the update. Only that when you
join a party you can see the HP/Mana/Grace on the top left corner.
He totally was not talking about Kingdoms, but more or less all of Graal.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Gov'nah
Zeltino will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
You release a good update that makes you a fortune because everyone loves it, retire young, pay child support because you have like 50 pregnant wives due to your success, own a timeshare in Fiji, and then become a real estate mogul. I suppose after that then it's all down hill, drug abuse and your various spouses from the far reaches of Earth coming in contact with each other. You're left a broken shamble of man, penniless because of countless court orders, you've lost the respect of your business partners, the trust of your consumers, and admiration of all the people you've lied to and cheated to come this far. The world falls apart around you, but you don't give up hope there's a kill switch, one last trump card to pull you out of this wreck and bring you back to simpler times or better yet, back to richer times yes there is and I will do it. You drink yourself into a stupor, your drunken daze is the only one left to care for you. Daddy daddy please get up no son I'm busy saving us you see it, there it is. Hope, you keep telling yourself, it's smiling at me, it's right there I can reach it I'm coming I'm going back we'll all be happy I know it but no wait it doesn't happen why are things so wrong what do you mean foreclosure what scam. You're struck with the harsh realization that perfection is in fact possible, but for a limited time, oh how the mighty have fallen, your downward spiral has ceased, now you're just on a straight plummet to Earth. The wind is tearing through your cropped hair that you spent a fortune on. Watches and rings flying past your wrists and into the endless sky, your pockets losing their once weighty and valuable contents. Your buckled shoes and coattails mean nothing when you're a blooded pulp on the ground. Your perfect life is at an end, you're coming close to the final mission but wait no I can make it I'm better than this you're better than this I'm better than this. You can't look to alcohol, you're already wearing permanent grog goggles, no what if I can't make it. Can't find the exit, can't find the exit, no it's here somewhere, I just need money to dig myself out, your wife has money, just take her, no one will know and I'll be safe, but wait no my son, your son is looking at you oh my god can I do this you pull the trigger again bang bang click, we're done here it's okay because I'll be happy, is this the way out was it worth did I do the right thing did you do the right thing? Suddenly there's sirens but no I was doing the right thing I'll be okay and look at you now you're behind bars. Am I serving life, where is my lawyer how do I get out escape escape escape where is the exit what is that chair why is he holding a needle why am I screaming this isn't funny you should not be amused it's dark help I can't see why oh why were we perfect, we were too good we angered the gods oh my god help me I can still live what is this sensation

Now tell me, is a perfect update that we all love really worth all of that?
Is everyone just skipping over this?

I give it the best post award for January 21st.