Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2004, 04:07 AM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
It is not an original idea. Many people have suggested it.

I could add the tags and stuff, but it would be up to Stefan for them to be officially recognized/in the staff list/etc.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Elite Sheep
Satrek2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Satrek2000
I like the idea and would volunteer, if anyone cares. As for the name, I'd like to see the tag to be "Librarian", and every member has to go "ugh" every now and then... okay, I'll stop the discworld insiders. Anyway, I'd definitly like to see something like that to be added, and while I don't claim I suggested if before, I supported it when it was suggested before, just to make a point

Quote:
Originally said by Stefan
*Stefan: is it ok when i leave?
*Stefan: i guess unixmad will not hack the cisco config tonight anymore
Old 05-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Banned
Monkeyboy_McGee is on a distinguished road
LOL satrek! Wasn't it ook? Or did you read the german versions or something, which could be different?
Librarian sounds like a good tagname though, as y'know, books, knowledge, etc. But if it was librarian, there would have to be an orangutan khead made and the librarians wear it
Old 05-08-2004, 05:43 PM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
No, the tag should be FAQ as not every question would be role-play dependant, new comers and people that don't even know what RP is may have problems identifying them as FAQ and PMs should be automatically OOC. I can think of many other reasons or go into detail for each of the above but it's not really worth the effort <3

Old 05-08-2004, 06:27 PM
call me Chad, it's cooler
Dach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Chris--
No, the tag should be FAQ as not every question would be role-play dependant, new comers and people that don't even know what RP is may have problems identifying them as FAQ and PMs should be automatically OOC. I can think of many other reasons or go into detail for each of the above but it's not really worth the effort <3
If they're on the stafflist, I highly doubt people will hesitate to ask them anyway . They ask all the other random staffers don't they? If Kingdoms is supposed to be RP, we should try to keep it that way. Who said they had to role-play answering the questions anyway? That's to high-maintenence

I like this idea, but I still also like adding more to the /help commands...
Old 05-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Elite Sheep
Satrek2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Satrek2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyboy_McGee
LOL satrek! Wasn't it ook? Or did you read the german versions or something, which could be different?
Librarian sounds like a good tagname though, as y'know, books, knowledge, etc. But if it was librarian, there would have to be an orangutan khead made and the librarians wear it
I'm afraid you're right, I read a few books in german before I switched to english, and my first librarian encounter was among those...

Quote:
Originally said by Stefan
*Stefan: is it ok when i leave?
*Stefan: i guess unixmad will not hack the cisco config tonight anymore
Old 05-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Banned
Heh, how hellish. I'd associate an "ughh" sound with a gorilla before an orangutan :O
Old 05-09-2004, 04:14 PM
Hollow
Myomoto is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Myomoto Send a message via MSN to Myomoto
If the tag will be librarian, shouldn't we have a library in Bomboria or something ;P I would like to volunteer aswell, (altough i'm europian and would miss all the american players questions, then again, i would answer the europian players questions instead XD)
Old 05-19-2004, 05:44 AM
HeartBeatOfTheEarth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HeartBeatOfTheEarth
I try to act as a FAQ at least 10 minutes out fo the day using my EM tag (which is sometimes dissapointing to people, sicne they think I'm holding an event. ) Vlad Also helps FAQ a lot too.
This evening --Chris-- Made us some FAQ tags ( though temporary) they still helped us out.

The thing is, when an EM comes on tag (ie: me). They are bombared with PMs such as " How do you name a pet?" " What does ___ do?" " Can you help me with such and such" " What is a __" and so on. I dont mind answering questions but it does get in the way of eventing. We wouldnt need 50,000 FAQs. Maybe 4 or 5 to come on once a day ( Vlad and i already do this) to help put newer players and such. It's really not asking much, just for another tag.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:24 AM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
Hm I really don't think it's needed....I think without FAQ's, there is a stronger sense of community.

When players have to ask other players questions about the content or game play, they build friends, or aquantances (spelling?). It's also takes the fun out of it, having immediate answers about the game. Answers about commands and stuff of that sort wouldn't be so bad to ask a FAQ Sort, but I've never been a fan of "FAQ"....Just PM a player :P

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now
Old 05-19-2004, 01:29 PM
Banned
Sigh, its kinda sad how toalls aren't used on GK anymore, except by the odd few people, and *****s that still think its funny to spam them.

When i was new to GK, any questions i asked, i asked over toall so as not to bother anyone who didnt want to answer - as long as the questions aren't spammed (yeah, i've seen plenty of people doing it) then this'd be a good and easy system for new people. If only toalls hadnt died for some reason o_o
Old 05-19-2004, 09:10 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
We should have a FAQ NPC too :/ Like, a temple with wise mages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?