Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2002, 12:31 AM
shockedfrog is on a distinguished road
graal character designer and other stuff

First, thanks to DBPro coming soon, my graal character designer should hopefully take a few seconds instead of minutes to load graphics that dont use a pure black background. Yes, $100 mostly spent to get this simple thing working, bleh. Anyway, you can change all details of your character (head clothes sword shield body), the background, the sprite, etc. and the engine will be used for my animated walkthroughs if i ever get around to making them. The main thing people wil want is png support, and this is afaik the only updated version of bruges char designer except for the one on the graalonline site.

Second, GU3 isn't dead, just offline. The great site which hosted us has gone offline and appears dead. i call it great site because these forums censor the name despite the fact that although they hosted anti graal sites, the amount they have done for pro-graal cannot be denied. If we can't get hosted there, the site will either be hosted on shockedfrog.net or somewhere else, depending on bandwidth.

The actual content of the site when it goes back up - less walkthroughs, less empty pages, more community sections, hopefully more contributions (the site only dies if you folks dont help - ever since day 1, the site has relied on contributions!) and of course the character designer mentioned above.

Third, if you still cant rate GU on anything but the layout, don't rate it at all! Content is more important, and the current style of Gu is made to load fast and work right. I like timemutt's site, but having to reach over to the speaker and switch it off every time i visit the site is just far too much effort for lazy people like me. Ken Takino's site is my favourite at the moment.

Please note that i do not hate tyhm. There are many graalians i hate, but i dont hate the people who actually control them. Just in the same way that many people hate shockedfrog, but only 99% of them would probably hate Gary Samson too. The only one i might hate in real life is terazel, but im basing that on his graal attitude and not his real attitude, so the same applies as to everyone else. And i have never said that everything tyhm did was bad, and ive talked about it so many times that it'll be easier for me just to make a huge list of everything and upload ti somewhere.

And goddamnit, why are people getting the idea that im using the short time ive played Graal to boast about being an oldbie? First, im a MIDBIE :). ive done nothing but want equality for all players, and whenever i ask how long someone has played, i do it out of curiosity or to try and find people to help with my graal archive. At first i played graal to get away from real life (don't we all have periods where we hate life and want to either die or become a totally different person? Graal does the latter for me.) and now my life feels positive, so i play it to try and encourage fairness, and for trying out classic's new features - thanks to val's big changes, classic is now the only server which still has any fun left in it at all. To bring back the fairness of graal im trying to work out ways of making most people human. sadly, everyone chooses vampires because they get free healing, even with low AP, just cause they can PK people, and because they get a dash that lets them cheat at races, and because their weaknesses, magic and fire, are very difficult to hit people with compared to swords. Now, where did i put my garlic-sword.png? Anyway, GU isn't popular enough now so making it human only wouldnt work. making the graal update guild human only (except for very special invites) has helped slightly. telling newbies to choose human helps a bit, and imo, anyone who chooses anything other than human is worse than a cheater - some cheaters at least care about people, and i mean from the heart, not from giving people gold gelats. people who choose non humans only care about getting stuff that normal players cant.

Anyway, im writing a review for Graal for SFGaming, should I base my review on the engine (great) the classic server (ok) or all the servers (crap)?
Old 08-25-2002, 12:36 AM
bigkow44 is on a distinguished road
heh, Cool?
Old 08-25-2002, 12:56 AM
Radioactive Cow
Jinx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jinx
And this relates to playerworlds how....?

-Jinx
InsaneFishP0sse: He got a severe paper cut last week and died of blood loss, very sad
Confucious2002: so unix took over his body?
InsaneFishP0sse: No, actually it was the NPC Server,
InsaneFishP0sse: Now if you PM Nemesis, he will go "I am Nemesis, the PW Admin, I handle almost all Playerworlds currently online"
Old 08-25-2002, 01:10 AM
because there isnt a main forum any more, and because 2k1 and 2k1 have lame bodies, the character designer isn't much use to them, so it's classic and normal playerworlds who'll use it. The rest of the post is graal related, and it doesn't belong to any other forum (its not development, its not 2k1 or 2k2, and it's not non-graal related!), so it goes here.
Old 08-25-2002, 01:15 AM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Looks like more of an Editorial to me ......

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 08-25-2002, 01:37 AM
erm, if i considered this an editorial, then id have a reason to believe people who think that i have a way elevated opinion of myself. It's just a silly little rant and a little ad to let people know the updated designer project isn't dead.
BTW, you'll need directx 8.1 for the new designer, i think. Sorry for anyone whose computer can't use it, but since graal needs it (or at least 7) i dont think there'll be too many missing out. besides, it's only a silly thign to let you change colours and stuff
Old 08-25-2002, 04:26 AM
Truckin Up
Quote:
Originally posted by shockedfrog
erm, if i considered this an editorial, then id have a reason to believe people who think that i have a way elevated opinion of myself. It's just a silly little rant and a little ad to let people know the updated designer project isn't dead.
BTW, you'll need directx 8.1 for the new designer, i think. Sorry for anyone whose computer can't use it, but since graal needs it (or at least 7) i dont think there'll be too many missing out. besides, it's only a silly thign to let you change colours and stuff
An Editorial is an opinion written on a subject and the authors views on it and not nessarliy based in fact but most are.Editorials are not written to elevate anyones opinion on anything just a stated postion of the author.It is up to the reader if they agree or disagree with the stated opinion.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 08-25-2002, 04:41 AM
GodSpeed is on a distinguished road
uhhh you didn't know me and Burges already made a GCD2?
Old 08-25-2002, 12:19 PM
Banned
PurgatoryIE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PurgatoryIE
Can always count on moon god for useless information
Old 08-25-2002, 12:47 PM
Aruchinjiru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Aruchinjiru
Quote:
Originally posted by Jinx
And this relates to playerworlds how....?

-Jinx
Thats a good question, Jinx.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:22 PM
Truckin Up
Quote:
Originally posted by PurgatoryIE
Can always count on moon god for useless information
And I believe this is called "Flaming"

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 08-25-2002, 09:45 PM
godspeed, if it doesn't leave these forums, it aint news
Old 08-25-2002, 10:39 PM
▄ber-1337 Member
DarkPyro_2001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to DarkPyro_2001 Send a message via AIM to DarkPyro_2001 Send a message via Yahoo to DarkPyro_2001
Re: graal character designer and other stuff

Quote:
Ken Takino's site is my favourite at the moment.
Uh, thanks... that almost makes me want to put up some links back to the walkthrus that I never remember to re-add, but school's starting up for me again and the next couple of weeks are gonna be hectic. x_X;

Quote:
And goddamnit, why are people getting the idea that im using the short time ive played Graal to boast about being an oldbie? First, im a MIDBIE .
So that makes me a NEWBIE?

NoFace (3/25/02 8:42:10 PM):
Mass message:
how do u get the trident to work?