Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 02:47 AM
Chalk one up to me!
bahamutstevetff will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bahamutstevetff Send a message via Yahoo to bahamutstevetff
Sniper

i dont complain much about laming, but sniper is starting to get up my crack.

why should little rich poys get to kill players who are fighting from half way across the map? this really dosent make sence in a game such as zone, snipers work good in FPS games, but on zone its pretty irritating to be engaged in a fight then just dying randomply becomes some idiot clicked on you... this should be removed or at least changed.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:47 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
Sniper sucks...

Meaning, it sucks and is extremely hard to kill someone with. If you get good with it, you deserve to get kills.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:50 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
When I had it it rarely worked for me lol.... maybe cuz of my lagg? wich wasnt that bad....
Old 01-24-2009, 02:53 AM
Chalk one up to me!
Send a message via MSN to bahamutstevetff Send a message via Yahoo to bahamutstevetff
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkool666 View Post
Sniper sucks...

Meaning, it sucks and is extremely hard to kill someone with. If you get good with it, you deserve to get kills.
dosent seem that way for me, i see a red dot and i know i have to run inorder to stay alive, because theres no way of fighting back.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:04 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkool666 View Post
Sniper sucks...

Note: You Can hide places where you may not be able to get to without a jetpack, also its mostly impossible to find people with sniper rifles because they hide under boxes, under barrels and etc, which as i said in other posts take away enjoyment in game because who likes being killed by someone you can't even shot back at?

Ask yourself this do you find enjoyment in being lamed constantly by a sniper rifle which you can't even get to? which you can't even have a chance of winning against? How much fun is this and is it profiting the Zone Community?
Old 01-24-2009, 05:12 AM
Chalk one up to me!
i had an idea for sniper, its simple really, why can it fire through walls? thats why sniper is suited for 3d FPS because snipers can be evaded with walls, zones sniper, seems to fire through every wall in its path, so why not make it so sniper cant be fired thour walls?
Old 01-24-2009, 05:13 AM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
While the sniper rifle is a pain in the butt to get away from and yes you suddenly die from being hit you have to give props to the people who use them. They obviously got enough skill to use them perfectly enough to drop you. They do deserve the kill but maybe the bullet could be made like a tracer round (leaves a trail) that way you can get a general direction of where the sniper is.

Actually if your smart enough you can get away from a sniper. From the top of the map my farthest range was below the stairs at b1. And frankly if you used one you would see that unless your quick most people can get to safety in time. You have to line yourself up nicely for the shot.

It is profiting zone quite nicely. Sniper is a gelat weapon that most people like. Like the prox..it may be annoying but what are you going to do about it.

But my idea to make the bullet a tracer round might actually work...that way you could get a general direction the sniper is in.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:24 AM
Chalk one up to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
While the sniper rifle is a pain in the butt to get away from and yes you suddenly die from being hit you have to give props to the people who use them. They obviously got enough skill to use them perfectly enough to drop you. They do deserve the kill but maybe the bullet could be made like a tracer round (leaves a trail) that way you can get a general direction of where the sniper is.

Actually if your smart enough you can get away from a sniper. From the top of the map my farthest range was below the stairs at b1. And frankly if you used one you would see that unless your quick most people can get to safety in time. You have to line yourself up nicely for the shot.

It is profiting zone quite nicely. Sniper is a gelat weapon that most people like. Like the prox..it may be annoying but what are you going to do about it.

But my idea to make the bullet a tracer round might actually work...that way you could get a general direction the sniper is in.
ive never used sniper, but from what ive heard you find someone, scroll your mouse wheel over them, then click on them, dosent sounds that skillfull, also when you are busy fighting you fail to notice the barely visable dot hovering around you.

maybe is instead just a stray dot, the sniper had more of a laser sight connecting the dot to the sniper, that way you can follow the trail of a sniper line and stop them.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:21 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
One thing to reduce the lameness and slackness of the sniper rifle is make the player visible on radar whilst they are using the sniper rifle then the players being sniped actually have a chance to locate these snipers and fight them face to face, or have the range reduced so that they can only shot people in a certain perimeter of the radar so it isn't as hard to locate the sniper and you could also remove the head shot one hit K.O because that really irritates me when i just spawn unaware of snipers and wait for a friend to spawn then get shot in head with a sniper rifle without even the slightest warning. You could also make the mark where the sniper is aiming more visible and easier to see.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:46 AM
The best player of Graal
jurre24d is on a distinguished road
Sniper, is a good weapon for kill people, maybe a little bit lame.
But I think that's the reason why he's so expensive.
I use sniper for running people, if they run with their jetpack and walk on the ground I sniper them.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:24 AM
RealDDc is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamutstevetff View Post
ive never used sniper, but from what ive heard you find someone, scroll your mouse wheel over them, then click on them...)
I never had one either, but I've got told you click a button and it automatically moves over to the nearest victim to snipe, or even selective players.

Press button, scroll mouse wheel and shoot.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Im a great sniper on ever game I play, But this was a waste of the gelats I spent, its VERY inacurate...
Old 01-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Zone Rank : God
pico57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to pico57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
When I had it it rarely worked for me lol.... maybe cuz of my lagg? wich wasnt that bad....
not cuz of lagz.
You probably didnt scroll down...to be more precize
Old 01-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Zone experience.
Jesper will become famous soon enough
I only make kills with sniper when a nub is running.

Zone 2011>
Old 01-24-2009, 08:45 PM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
Change sniper damage to 40. Thats my sudgestion.
Closed Thread