Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2012, 02:23 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCeaseD View Post
So den wat be da issue m0nnn?!?
Check the rest of the post, including the quotes.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
You did get that sorted out, right? Short of some bizarre bugs, this would mean that you somehow set D as your graal directory and gonstruct is trying to index your recycle bin. While that error is definitely something we should be handling, you can probably avoid it if you nuke your probably gonstruct settings and choose a small graal directory the next time.
I'll consider moving the Graal directory from the partition and clearing the cache for Gonstruct. Thanks Loriel
Old 07-09-2012, 06:03 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan View Post
I'll consider moving the Graal directory from the partition and clearing the cache for Gonstruct. Thanks Loriel
Having your graal directory on D:\ should be perfectly fine, but I think that error there could only have happened if you had D:\ itself set as your graal directory.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
If someone is going to work on Gonstruct, it should be noted that these are the most important bugs/improvements:
  • Dragging the tileset slider causes the entire tileset to draw over the level until the slider is released.
  • No right-click tile flood fill when having multiple tiles selected.
  • Ctrl+Z does not restore deleted layers.
  • Unknown reason(s) causes some gmap levels to crash the client.
  • If you accidentally right click to flood fill outside of the level boundries, the client crashes.
  • The ability to zoom out on gmaps would be fantastic.
  • Wrong settings can cause the client not to start until you remove them from AppData.
  • If done properly, having layers displayed in their own layer section (PhotoShop/PaintShopPro style) could be an improvement. If not done right, the current way they work is just fine.
  • Not sure if this is a bug or just poor implementation, but selecting tiles on a layer > Ctrl+C > navigate to another layer > unselect the tiles causes them to be moved from the original layer to the current layer. Would be nice with a better way of handing that, because it's a great feature.
  • If a tileset image is updated while having Gonstruct opened, it would be nice if the level would redraw.

That's all I could come up with for now.
Come on all of you programming savvy people out there, make it happen!

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 12-11-2012, 02:29 AM
Master of Puppets
A friend of mine tried to install Gonstruct on her computer, but apparently can't run it due to the following error.

PHP Code:
Could not start editorboost::filesystem::basic directory_iterator constructorAccess is denied 
Any clues?

Old 12-11-2012, 03:18 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
A friend of mine tried to install Gonstruct on her computer, but apparently can't run it due to the following error.

PHP Code:
Could not start editorboost::filesystem::basic directory_iterator constructorAccess is denied 
Any clues?
First thought maybe directory where boost is installed (if its installed) needs premissions changed?

What OS is your friend using?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Not the fruit.
Kiwi27 will become famous soon enough
I just installed it on this computer, and every time I try and make, or load, a level, it stops responding ?
Old 12-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi27 View Post
I just installed it on this computer, and every time I try and make, or load, a level, it stops responding ?
Windows, Mac or Linux?

Have you tried running in compatibility mode (if windows), or as administrator??
Old 12-27-2012, 08:20 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
as administrator??
I know I post this every time somebody recommends running as superuser/admin, but this is potentially very very dangerous—do you really trust that Graal is secure enough to give it access to do anything to your computer?
Old 12-28-2012, 12:38 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I know I post this every time somebody recommends running as superuser/admin, but this is potentially very very dangerous—do you really trust that Graal is secure enough to give it access to do anything to your computer?
Nope, however he is talking about Gonstruct.. And I have no way of knowing if he himself compiled the code and verified legitimacy of it. And I wasn't recommending it, I was asking if he tried it.. just out of curiosity.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:34 AM
Not the fruit.
Quote:
Windows, Mac or Linux?
running windows
Old 12-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Banned
Does the application run just not open levels? Can you create new levels and save them?
Old 12-30-2012, 07:15 AM
Not the fruit.
Quote:
Does the application run just not open levels? Can you create new levels and save them?
I can't open them, I can't make new ones, and because of that I can't save them.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:26 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Have you tried turning your screen off and on?
Old 09-04-2013, 12:39 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Looking for a bit of insight (I believe some of these issues are because I selected a wrong option when installing it). Windows 7 32 bit. Gonstruct 0.2.3

Gonstruct was installed in Graal folder, filenamecache.txt exists.
Error: "Told to use Graal file cache, but can't open FILENAMECACHE.txt"

subsequently, I am also getting this error:
"Could not start editor: boost::filesystem::basic_directory_iterator constructor: Access is denied: "CConfig.Msi""

I have no issues with the default editor, personally, but was wanting to see what gonsctruct was all about and play with tile layers.