Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 01:14 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
YEARS ago it didn't really matter if there were school, or vacations. Graal always had a steady playercount. I dunno Tig, maybe you just hang around on GK which have always had 10-20 players online these years. So maybe you can't see that other servers on Classic tab, which used to have 100+ every day are now having 60+. Each week they're losing players. Let's take UN for example: 6 months ago, they had 120 players, according to graalstats, today roughly 50 players. HMM.. But wait, maybe we can go back this exact day last year? It had about 90 players back then, now it have ~50. Where did the 40 players go? Huh Tig? Maybe UMM MORE PEOPLZ GO 2 SCHOOL NOWDAYS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

Let's skip the bull****. :]
You talk like GK never had 100+ players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
I just don't get why graal would be more fun on iphone tho, I mean it has like 1126 players atm while the pc graal has 441 players (even counted with all the dev servers) X.x
There is no iPhone version of Graal yet, but their games like Adrenaline Pool are counted in. The games are actually pretty decent.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:17 AM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Crimson2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I'm not being sarcastic. Graal isn't dying. People just like to negatively diagnose things so they can feel like they're contributing to the conversation. They don't take time to really research. It's not dying, and I have yet to see any proof of it dying other than school starting.
No, it is. People are contributing to the conversation because it is relevant, and for those that are regularly on the game it's incredibly apparent even without making any research. If you look at the graph Crono posted however, it is dying because there wasn't even a Summer crowd increase and the players are the people who make this "game" what it is.

Where is the proof that Graal is heading in a positive direction? All I ever see is a lack of interest from both administrators and players. Oh yeah, discussions about flash games
Old 11-16-2008, 01:19 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson2005 View Post
No, it is. People are contributing to the conversation because it is relevant, and for those that are regularly on the game it's incredibly apparent even without making any research. If you look at the graph Crono posted however, it is dying because there wasn't even a Summer crowd increase and the players are the people who make this "game" what it is.

Where is the proof that Graal is heading in a positive direction? All I ever see is a lack of interest from both administrators and players. Oh yeah, discussions about flash games
okay then, it's dying.
i guarentee you it will grow when school's out.
and then it'll die again when school starts.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:20 AM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
okay then, it's dying.
i guarentee you it will grow when school's out.
and then it'll die again when school starts.
It didn't when the Summer break started, why would it for Winter?
Old 11-16-2008, 01:24 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
I never said anything about winter.
I said when school's out.
But- It probably will grow when Winter break starts.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:27 AM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
I made an ad for us to use, was a bit inspired by an ad on the swedish Greenpeace site.

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:30 AM
of House Targaryen
Quote:
I never said anything about winter.
I said when school's out.
But- It probably will grow when Winter break starts.
The point is that Graal will most likely continue to decline unless we have some updates on a regular basis. Even servers are not updating on a regular basis now and things are not going to fix themselves.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:35 AM
a/s/l
Zone is getting lots of updates- and more are planned.
Unholy Nation JUST got a new manager- one who was a part of the GAT and scripting team- so expect lots of updates in the future.
I'm sure that Tigairius has lots planned for GK.
If you look at the "Events News" tab when you're on the serverlist- there's 5 updates within 5 days.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:43 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Look at the graph picture I posted, it has nothing to do with school, summer, or work.

Quote:
Zone is getting lots of updates- and more are planned.
Name these "lots" of updates and the more that are planned.

Quote:
Unholy Nation JUST got a new manager- one who was a part of the GAT and scripting team- so expect lots of updates in the future.
I'm sure that Tigairius has lots planned for GK.
If you look at the "Events News" tab when you're on the serverlist- there's 5 updates within 5 days.
Plans plans plans, call me when something is actually done.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:00 AM
a/s/l
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Name these "lots" of updates and the more that are planned.
Zone:
-Bunker
-New heads, bodies.
-New guns: Plasma Chaingun, Silencer, RedRifle&BlueRifle are made buyable.
-Cakes
-Spar is to be updated soon, as said in "spar room" thread.

Unholy Nation:
-New Tileset
-Snow
-Streety is the new manager.
-Lots of hirings. (GATS, GPs, DJs)
-Unholy Radio has recently been broadcasting.

Quote:
Plans plans plans, call me when something is actually [i]done[/i

Plans are to be finished.
And when they are finished, they are updates.

Lots of plans= Lots of updates.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:03 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Unholy Nation JUST got a new manager- one who was a part of the GAT and scripting team-
Mediocre graphics, and 'complex' scripts that do little more than replace and set ganis
Old 11-16-2008, 02:04 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
plans are to be finished.
finished = updates.
Plans != finished plans. Plans aren't magically finished, so you can't decude that plans = finished = updates.

It's more like...

if (plans == finished) updates;
Old 11-16-2008, 02:07 AM
a/s/l
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Mediocre graphics, and 'complex' scripts that do little more than replace and set ganis
Well, look at Zone- they just got some new updates, and their playercount has been growing.

Hmmmm.

Those updates were graphics.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:09 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Zone:
-Bunker
Oh, the one with 0 players.

Quote:
-New heads, bodies.
This is standard stuff on any server.

Quote:
-New guns: Plasma Chaingun, Silencer, RedRifle&BlueRifle are made buyable.
Silencer, Red rifle, and Blue Rifle are not new. Removing something and then re-adding it in the future is not really an "update". Silencer has existed for atleast 2 years on Zone Debug, there's more too they just haven't released them yet.

Quote:
-Cakes
From last year.

Quote:
-Spar is to be updated soon, as said in "spar room" thread.
That's nice but this (along with other things you mentioned) aren't the type of updates Crimson2005 is talking about.

Quote:
Unholy Nation:
-New Tileset
-Snow
Standard winter themes.

Quote:
-Streety is the new manager.
This counts as an update nowadays? What?

Quote:
-Lots of hirings. (GATS, GPs, DJs)
This counts as an update nowadays? What?

Quote:
-Unholy Radio has recently been broadcasting.
Thank the Gods, Graal is saved!

Quote:
Plans are to be finished.
And when they are finished, they are updates.

Lots of plans= Lots of updates.
Plans are usually NEVER finished. Lots of plans != Lots of updates.

All in all Graal is dying, which is what the original topic was about. The graph I posted proves this, and unless you have troubles reading graphis why are you still trying to argue?
Old 11-16-2008, 02:10 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Zone's playercount is a fraction of what it was