Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum > Unholy Nation Bugs and improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 05:42 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
All people do is whine about how bad a server is, but they never have any intentions of fixing it. Anyone can state an obvious problem, but since you know how to make a "real improvement" I would like to see you try to get something in the works. If you aren't going to, then just let it be because if you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem.
There's no point in fixing it. The only thing that UN has going for it is that it's a classic server, which ironically also makes it the easiest server to replace.

UN was in a good position a few years ago because they were one of the only servers that still allowed Global Guilds and they were riding the influx of refugee guilds from other servers and using it to drive the players and really drum up some competitiveness. But then it just sort of fell flat and they settled into this tired old routine of constantly hosting events for fun.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:46 AM
Hezzy002 is a jewel in the roughHezzy002 is a jewel in the rough
Worked there over the last summer, made three really solid events; Bomberman, tennis, and H.O.R.S.E. (The basketball flavour). None got released, even though they were all completed and waaay higher quality than pretty much anything else on the server. All of them used special lag compensation algorithms that made gameplay smooth and enjoyable. Nobody really helped me with these, even though I asked other staff members for graphics and ganis. The only people who ever really even took any notice to any development on the server at all were Kevin and MG. It's almost like they were intentionally trying to stifle any improvements.

Most of the activity on RC was talking, but the talking only really started when a female staff member was online, or some social bull****. Seriously, if you were a female staff member on UN, you were probably under the assumption that RC was always pretty busy. It wasn't; only when your attention-whoring ass was around.

Everything was based around ridiculous social structures, really pathetic stuff.

Anyway, I quit for some reason I can't remember. I think school started.

I'd also like to note that UN is full of security holes and I can still spawn hundreds upon thousands of EP without any means of detection to this day and I discovered this exploit without access to any staff rights.

The only fun I ever had on UN was doing three things, all related to just screwing with people:

1) Sending personal PM's to everyone on the playerlist saying the same random crap.
2) Writing a bot to do the above, and plug people's stored responses to one another.
3) Writing a bot to do the above, and throw in CleverBot responses.

Yeah, I'd say UN is pretty much the cesspool of Graal.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Owner of Corinthia
r3ckless is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to r3ckless Send a message via MSN to r3ckless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post
Which means rastafaria will be better then UN?
Quality-wise yes, possibly.

Yep.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I don't think it's worth trying to **** all over someone who has the ability and thinks they can make a difference. It might be more realist to assume that sooner rather than later they'll realize what a jumbled mess the server is in terms of code and how bad the player base really is and that they'll decide to give it up, but even today I see some people who are dedicated to what they're doing for UN, regardless of any of that.

I can't do anything but wish Lloyd the best of luck if he feels he has the willpower to rewrite basically the entire server while producing new content.

It's always amusing to read about how there used to be so much more to do when the overall content probably hasn't decreased at all ever.

The only valid criticism I can think of for anyone who wants to take over (me included when I took Dev Admin) is that whatever you do it's likely the players will take the change very negatively. Right now there's an unbelievable amount of complaining about some Magic Broom being nerfed to a state where it isn't just a set of staff boots available to players. It's disheartening to see how unreasonable and vindictive (you're only doing this because you only want staff to walk on walls because you hate the players) people on UN are about any minor change that's needed to make future progress.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
And then of course if you try to actually talk things out about the development process or about players ideas, and explain the drawbacks of cost vs benefits, you're likely to run into stuff like this

Old 02-03-2012, 05:38 AM
AcidIce2001 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to AcidIce2001
Actually when UN was first released it was well beyond its time in the sense of scripts and events that we held. Before the Rain Dance NPC there wasn't any type of weather script created in Graal. UN was created because Giuliano and I were both staff on Bravo and enjoyed creating levels and scripts. UN was an extension of what we thought would bring players old and new alike to an environment that made the best of what was already available in the Graal world and also adding new elements that made Graal fun and exciting. I do agree that if Graal becomes F2P again it has the potential to be greater than it ever was especially with sourcing to iOS and Facebook through Flash.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:33 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidIce2001 View Post
Actually when UN was first released it was well beyond its time in the sense of scripts and events that we held. Before the Rain Dance NPC there wasn't any type of weather script created in Graal. UN was created because Giuliano and I were both staff on Bravo and enjoyed creating levels and scripts. UN was an extension of what we thought would bring players old and new alike to an environment that made the best of what was already available in the Graal world and also adding new elements that made Graal fun and exciting. I do agree that if Graal becomes F2P again it has the potential to be greater than it ever was especially with sourcing to iOS and Facebook through Flash.
Well beyond it's time with outdated levels and no real content players cared about? UN catered to the G3k crowd and the other smaller servers that were slowly dying out. I can't recall anyone taking UN seriously, even in 2001 people made fun of it on other servers. I'm not tryign to trashtalk the server...I'm just saying that people are overcomplicating it nowadays.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:11 PM
However you want to word it and acknowledge the thousands of different point of views people had for the server, in my eyes UN was a success. Is it still a success? It is in the fact that it is still up and running, something I would've never guessed in 2002. Especially up into the 2010's.

I would love to gain control over UN again and even pay Unixmad/Stefan for server rental and be able to license the Graal platform for a move into the mobile device field, facebook and even browser. Will it happen? I hope so but unlikely which is quite unfortunate.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
However you want to word it and acknowledge the thousands of different point of views people had for the server, in my eyes UN was a success. Is it still a success? It is in the fact that it is still up and running, something I would've never guessed in 2002. Especially up into the 2010's.
w0rd, but we're talking about the current (dying) state of UN.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:17 PM
A lot has changed, I wish they backed everything up or there was a way to access the old levels and scripts. I'd love to come back and work for UN but if that can't or won't happen then I can only pay my respects to the server and the people who have stayed loyal for so many years. UN was one of my greatest achievements and I unfortunately made a stupid move to leave it many years ago.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:29 PM
love u
Old 02-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Quote:
love u
Old 02-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
UN was one of my greatest achievements and I unfortunately made a stupid move to leave it many years ago.
I agree with this statement of yours, I used to really enjoy UN, but unfortunately those you left it to for over the years really let it down.
It was the server that made me strive to be a staff when I was just a small trial newbie.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:32 PM
dang crono u were ahead of ur time
Old 12-02-2016, 07:30 PM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
Quote:
dang crono u were ahead of ur time
Swedes have always been good at predicting, we predicted that Nomanssky would be a flop