Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 01:26 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniOne View Post
What do you declare as being mature Jesse?
Probably someone who won't abuse, knows how to host, and just ignores when a player is harassing them.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
@Jesse: We all know that a ET could be liked at the start then do something wrong once then are hated for the rest of the time they host.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:02 PM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
with a low playercount, it means that the chances are smaller.
Erm..Are you slow, or did you just not learn math? The majority of players aren't mature, so that means with a smaller playercount it should be easier to find that minority of people that are mature. Let me explain it to you this way. Finding a blind man in a group of 10 is easier then finding him in a group of a million.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donark View Post
Probably someone who won't abuse, knows how to host, and just ignores when a player is harassing them.
That's such a answer I'd expect from you. That's not something you can figure out so easily. I'm not sure how, but I grade maturity differently, because imo there is no way you can judge them by that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
@Jesse: We all know that a ET could be liked at the start then do something wrong once then are hated for the rest of the time they host.
I'm guessing this is about you. Well, you did a BIG wrong. No offense, but you tried too hard and over reacted alot. You never realy knew how zone was like, so you did unnecessary actions that screwed us all over. Atleast in my opinion.

Last edited by pooper200000; 03-27-2009 at 12:11 AM.. Reason: Removed reply to deleted post.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:07 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post
Erm..Are you slow, or did you just not learn math? The majority of players aren't mature, so that means with a smaller playercount it should be easier to find that minority of people that are mature. Let me explain it to you this way. Finding a blind man in a group of 10 is easier then finding him in a group of a million.
let's say that there are 8 people in the room, and scientists have proven that 'one in every two people like cake', so at the moment, four people like cake.
four people leave, and of course, 'one in every two people like cake', two out of the four people like cake.

the same thing works for mature kids, you cut the playercount in half, the percentages cut in half. i don't know what the percentages are, but with the immature children population reigning over the mature population, the chances are going to be very slim with a small amount of people.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:12 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

That's such a answer I'd expect from you. That's not something you can figure out so easily. I'm not sure how, but I grade maturity differently, because imo there is no way you can judge them by that.
Well how would YOU judge maturity?
Old 03-27-2009, 01:05 AM
RealDDc is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Erm..Are you slow, or did you just not learn math? The majority of players aren't mature, so that means with a smaller playercount it should be easier...)
Quote:
let's say that there are 8 people in the room, and scientists have proven that 'one in every two people like cake'...)
Mathematically the proportional chances are equal, if the denominator and numerator diminish identically. But what the heck?
Old 03-27-2009, 01:09 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis1410 View Post
But what the heck?
it's just an example
Old 03-27-2009, 01:16 AM
RealDDc is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
it's just an example
Well the chances stay the same either way, mathematically. But mathematics won't help on the threads topic, neither to mature the playerbase nor to increase the playercount.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:28 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
MiniOne
Quote:
I'd just like to state that a boost in playercount means players whom aren't currently involved in the game, whilst you've said its done it many times before, I don't believe I see new players joining events, rather the current players who play.
1. "Temporary Playercount Boost"
2. In my opinion "Temporary Playercount Boost" means players that log on for a period of time, perhaps the length of an event or series of events perhaps? Then log off immediately after that.

Quote:
What do you declare as being mature Jesse?
Someone who doesn't act like an idiot all the time.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:32 AM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkool666 View Post
What makes you so different from the rest of these newbs? I'm pretty sure I can go back into your past and find some stupid stuff that happened over a few days.

Don't even try saying "Your retarded" because we smell our own.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:10 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Quote:
MiniOne

1. "Temporary Playercount Boost"
2. In my opinion "Temporary Playercount Boost" means players that log on for a period of time, perhaps the length of an event or series of events perhaps? Then log off immediately after that.

I doubt that truly happens much, we don't get a playercount boost, we just have some players log on to lame, we both know this is true, though I will say that some events do bring in older players which is nice but only events such as your 2 v 2 spar, deathmatch events and older events (not like snowrace)

Someone who doesn't act like an idiot all the time? That could mean a six year old could be mature, since they may be shy and not talk and muck around much.
When someone matures they develop a more fully developed personality and emotional behavior, also maturity is also a way of describing the development of the body, therefore both of those show that maturity isn't shown at a certain age, it varies from person to person, some mature young, some mature old and some don't mature for a long time. Remember that girl who started to mature at the age of eight? That just shows that you can mature at any age.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5596321 View Post
What makes you so different from the rest of these newbs? I'm pretty sure I can go back into your past and find some stupid stuff that happened over a few days.
Whats your point? I was less mature when I was younger? Lol. I thought thats what I was saying?
And I was mature in certain ways. I was always very mature with my rights, especially /giveitem.

Quote:
I doubt that truly happens much, we don't get a playercount boost,
You can doubt it all you want, regardless it still happened many times in the past. I think I've been online for a few more events then you have ;P.
I'm talking like, quite a while ago, longer then 4 months ;P.

Quote:
That just shows that you can mature at any age.
Who said that people couldn't?
Old 03-28-2009, 06:52 PM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Whats your point? I was less mature when I was younger? Lol. I thought thats what I was saying?
And I was mature in certain ways. I was always very mature with my rights, especially /giveitem.
My point is maybe they just need a chance. And no one is talking about your rights so you can shut up about that.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:12 PM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Quote:
I second this, and no one can really argue against it. The majority of people worldwide ages 12-13 are immature.
That kind of implied that people mature at the same rate. Then again, since it's not directly stated it doesn't mean anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5596321 View Post
My point is maybe they just need a chance
Honestly, I never though SN would do a great job like he's doing now. I'm pretty sure I've said it before too.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:29 PM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Quote:
You can doubt it all you want, regardless it still happened many times in the past. I think I've been online for a few more events then you have ;P.
I'm talking like, quite a while ago, longer then 4 months ;P.

You generalized an age group saying that 12 - 13 year old young adults are immature, though I understand that you said majority, that doesn't mean you shouldn't hire them for ET.

That was 4 months ago, lets say three years ago, remember the temporarily playercount boost then? Much greater then now but as you can see now playercount seems to be dropping, I just saw that GK had more players then Zone, that's like WOW! It rarely happens.