Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 02:23 PM
scooter123 can only hope to improve
The intro is great and all, but can you get rid of that ?! icon over people when they die? And get rid of that sound when people die? I don't know, it might just be me, but I found those things to be annoying on Graal.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:06 AM
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
Is it done yet? Hurry up!

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 07-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Alure1316 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter123 View Post
The intro is great and all, but can you get rid of that ?! icon over people when they die? And get rid of that sound when people die? I don't know, it might just be me, but I found those things to be annoying on Graal.
I think those should be kept in, as they are classic icons and sounds.

The intro looks great. I really liked how you guys took time to make the characters move to block the door and the mom to go get the babies. I thought the closet was going to be some secret entrance somewhere though. But then I see that she puts the other one under the bed... Anyways, if there's that much detail in that little scene, I cannot wait until I see all the detail when the server is open.

But like Oni said: POLISH is the #1 priority. Don't make it look like "Classic". Have the new tileset implemented. The old tileset should be used for Graal 2000, not Classic...
Old 07-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alure1316 View Post
The old tileset should be used for Graal 2000, not Classic...
Dude i loved G2k, as it was my first server. But yeah, the tileset shouldn't still be used nowadays. If anything, we should rename the server Graal 2010 or 2011
Old 07-11-2010, 01:49 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
On Topic: still wish you'd ditch the cartoon-like intro. If you're going to have two armies march against each other, don't make them attack in stages like that. Don't have them parachuting in. I like old Classic's intro, it was quite a bit more serious.

Off Topic: I hate everyone who started playing G2K as their first server. They all started to believe they actually started playing in the year 2000 time period and since then have deluded themselves into believing it, because they think it is some sort of badge of honor to have played for so long.

Last edited by maximus_asinus; 07-11-2010 at 01:32 PM..
Old 07-11-2010, 01:52 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
I think those should be kept in, as they are classic icons and sounds.

The intro looks great. I really liked how you guys took time to make the characters move to block the door and the mom to go get the babies. I thought the closet was going to be some secret entrance somewhere though. But then I see that she puts the other one under the bed... Anyways, if there's that much detail in that little scene, I cannot wait until I see all the detail when the server is open.

But like Oni said: POLISH is the #1 priority. Don't make it look like "Classic". Have the new tileset implemented. The old tileset should be used for Graal 2000, not Classic...
The reason we use the Old tileset is not just to keep it true to the original, but mainly because it's alot more suitable towards an Adventure themed server than modern pics1, aswell as it seperating the server from others and contributing to an identity.

I wouldn't oppose an entirely new and improved tileset being implemented if it was made in the same style and obviously decently enough although in the event of actually having a graphics artist that can deliver such a thing it's not something I would prioritise.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:01 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Use iPhone Classic's tileset.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Alure1316 is on a distinguished road
Wait, I want something to be clarified. Is Graal Classic replacing Graal the Adventure or is it a new server entirely dedicated to bringing back the "Classic" feel?
Old 07-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
Graal The Adventure.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Wait, I want something to be clarified. Is Graal Classic replacing Graal the Adventure or is it a new server entirely dedicated to bringing back the "Classic" feel?
Both, the primary objective is to create a server designed towards storyline based Questing, however we do try to re-use themes, characters and ideas from the original Classic and make efforts towards recreating the feel.