Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2010, 07:14 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
I doubt it.. it's not like anything was getting done with Soala in charge.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:23 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
This is what Hell Raven had to say...
Quote:
His performance was deemed less than satisfactory, by the PWA, whom control the GDT
And
Quote:
<Inverness> Who told who to demote Soala in the guild thing?
<Hell Raven> Probably Bell or Skyld
<Hell Raven> It was agreed on by the entire PWA though

I think it's a really terrible job by the PWA to demote Soala with
  • no prior warning
  • no notice when actually demoted
And then release a one paragraph post, essentially lighting the house on fire.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:25 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Would be great if someone would just light the GDT on fire and let it burn. Way too much drama for absolutely nothing done.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
I think it's a really terrible job by the PWA to demote Soala with
  • no prior warning
  • no notice when actually demoted
And then release a one paragraph post, essentially lighting the house on fire.
Seems to be a habit that the PWA has
Old 06-22-2010, 08:30 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Would be great if someone would just light the GDT on fire and let it burn. Way too much drama for absolutely nothing done.
hmmm i love the irc it's very helpful and it's great to talk too. I know Ben and HR will do good
Old 06-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
lool wasnt hell raven a sick hacker back in the day

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad
Old 06-22-2010, 09:16 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
hmmm i love the irc it's very helpful and it's great to talk too. I know Ben and HR will do good
Unless you're me, in which case you get kicked thrice for discussing how the GDT has yet to produce results.

Don't get me wrong, I have hopes with someone like HR in charge (I don't know Ben), but I can't say my expectations are at that level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
lool wasnt hell raven a sick hacker back in the day
Virtually every scripter was at one point.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
I'd like to clear a couple things up here. The GDT was going nowhere fast. Many of the valued members had already quit although had not been removed from the roster. More and more server managers/developers were complaining that outside of the irc channel they really couldn't get any help when they really needed it. The scripters seemed to be the most helpful and available.

Soala tried his best but life just got in the way of him being able to do anything in a timely manner. In his chosen expertise as Graphics he should have the time to help in. Calling this a demotion actually annoys the [insert expletive here] since the GDT aren't ranked, they are just put into specialties.

The PWA discussed the matter and at first we were just going to disband the GDT. Those people that offer help can do so with or without the guild. Stefan then mentioned that he had given the GDT the ability to edit the wiki. Something that none of us that I've spoke to were even aware of. Hell Raven offered the services of himself and Ben (whom I contacted to make sure he knew he was being volunteered) to reorganize and run the GDT. Skyld, whom has GST will be the team administrator but Hell Raven and Ben will be doing all the planning/job coordination/hiring/firing and the list goes on.

The PWA will no longer have a role in the GDT other than as advisors if they request it of us. This may seem sudden to all of you since the rumors of the changes hadn't actually got to the public or the GDT prior to the change but it really wasn't sudden at all. We've been discussing how to 'fix' the problem for some time now.

If you wish to lay blame on anyone for the suddenness then blame me. I set up this nightmare to begin with so I'd prefer the entire PWA is not blamed for any problems its had over the time. I've now turned over the entire thing to those that have the expertise in the development field and will back away completely.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:52 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
I think it's a good idea, with the right people in control I think it'll be great.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:59 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
The GDT was going nowhere slowly.
It's been what, a year? Why not rename it the wiki team and ask members if they want to stay to help the wiki or leave.

No point in keeping it the global development team if the only reason you didn't disband it was for the wiki.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:04 PM
the fake one
Why do you need a wiki team? Anyone can edit it. It doesn't take long to go through some list like this and fill in descriptions and help quite a few people out.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:18 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
this is just stupid now
Old 06-22-2010, 10:21 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
i like the GDT

they get to take all the flak while the PWA sit there doing nothing but support jobs :3
Old 06-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
I'd like to clear a couple things up here. The GDT was going nowhere fast. Many of the valued members had already quit although had not been removed from the roster. More and more server managers/developers were complaining that outside of the irc channel they really couldn't get any help when they really needed it. The scripters seemed to be the most helpful and available.

Soala tried his best but life just got in the way of him being able to do anything in a timely manner. In his chosen expertise as Graphics he should have the time to help in. Calling this a demotion actually annoys the [insert expletive here] since the GDT aren't ranked, they are just put into specialties.

The PWA discussed the matter and at first we were just going to disband the GDT. Those people that offer help can do so with or without the guild. Stefan then mentioned that he had given the GDT the ability to edit the wiki. Something that none of us that I've spoke to were even aware of. Hell Raven offered the services of himself and Ben (whom I contacted to make sure he knew he was being volunteered) to reorganize and run the GDT. Skyld, whom has GST will be the team administrator but Hell Raven and Ben will be doing all the planning/job coordination/hiring/firing and the list goes on.

The PWA will no longer have a role in the GDT other than as advisors if they request it of us. This may seem sudden to all of you since the rumors of the changes hadn't actually got to the public or the GDT prior to the change but it really wasn't sudden at all. We've been discussing how to 'fix' the problem for some time now.

If you wish to lay blame on anyone for the suddenness then blame me. I set up this nightmare to begin with so I'd prefer the entire PWA is not blamed for any problems its had over the time. I've now turned over the entire thing to those that have the expertise in the development field and will back away completely.
seems pretty rude that you didn't even include soala in the discussion on how to "fix" the problem. Maybe you simply telling him he needed to step up his game would have caused none of this to happen? Im sure we don't know all the details, but just saying for the future
Old 06-22-2010, 10:25 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
seems pretty rude that you didn't even include soala in the discussion on how to "fix" the problem. Maybe you simply telling him he needed to step up his game would have caused none of this to happen? Im sure we don't know all the details, but just saying for the future
how can he "step up his game" when the GDT is useless in the first place? writing for the wiki is an individualistic job, so unless soala personally wrote a bunch of wiki pages, i doubt they could really "step it up" anymore than they currently do. idling in the IRC and answering questions seems to be their biggest forte