Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
In relations to the 3 tile shooting problem on mac, it also affects if your right next to a person with any gun and you happen to shoot right over them instead of inflicting damage, don't know if it was fixed yet, just putting out my two cents.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Yes has already been fixed
Old 04-24-2011, 01:36 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
A new version 5.327 has been uploaded to http://www.graalonline.com/downloads/beta/Graal_mac.zip :
- Improved the speed of GuiMLTextCtrl.reflow(), especially for syntax highlighting
- Fixed some problems where multi-line text in external windows was not correctly refreshed
- Doesn't deselect text if a text field loses the focus or you copy text from it
- Improved support for wba-styles: uses them for drawing GuiTextEditSliderCtrl, and reads the color of the start bar text (GuiTextCtrl.stylesection="Clock"); you can see a new gui style VPlusBlue in the options
- added Verdana bold to the login server
- Fixes a bug that could crash the game on login when a server uses the default weapons (Bow, Bomb etc.)
- Correctly animates showimgs even if the NPC which is showing them is itself not visible
- Doesn't crash anymore when a gani animation is hiding showimgs
Old 05-04-2011, 08:16 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I see all 2 of the mac users are having problems :o....keep up the work!

LMFSO xD
I loved this post.. I was going to say count me as number 3 until I seen the post by Stefan.

Getting to the point, when I use this OLE selecting tiles, the highlight shows three tiles above. This only happens on V6.. Since I have no clue how the editor was made, I can only assume there is something wrong with V6?

-EDIT-
Even using the newest version recently posted above my mine.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-04-2011, 11:34 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
The problem with a highlight is probably because GraalControl's y is not zero (the trial bar at the top moves it down). This has already been reported but apparently not fixed.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:10 AM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
The problem with a highlight is probably because GraalControl's y is not zero (the trial bar at the top moves it down). This has already been reported but apparently not fixed.

Oh... sorry for re-reporting it. :x I didn't know..

I look through the first 2-3 pages, but after that I skip the others..
Well hopefully it will next time ^.^;
I'll see if I can accidentally find something else that may need fixing.

-EDIT-

I'm almost sure this may have been posted also, but seems like it is an important fix.. D:

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Last edited by Devil_Lord2; 05-05-2011 at 01:02 AM..
Old 05-05-2011, 03:45 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
I would not consider this a problem. The GraalControl is movable, therefore it is unwise to assume that it's X and Y will be zero. It's not hard to use relative positioning, or even just saving the position of the control before moving it if you need to refer back to it.

You can position things independently of GraalControl by making them child objects of GUIContainer I think.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:48 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
I would not consider this a problem. The GraalControl is movable, therefore it is unwise to assume that it's X and Y will be zero. It's not hard to use relative positioning, or even just saving the position of the control before moving it.
It's a problem because it's not documented and it didn't happen in v5. From what I understand about it, it's also a problem because he's drawing on the tile layer, therefore the coordinates should be relevant to tiles. The only way to fix it would be to add GraalControl.y / 16 to the y you're drawing at, which is nasty if GraalControl's y is not a multiple of 16.

EDIT: This may not be the bug I'm thinking of—it seems to be the same one Tig was having with his level editor, but I thought it was fixed.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:55 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
It's a problem because it's not documented and it didn't happen in v5. From what I understand about it, it's also a problem because he's drawing on the tile layer, therefore the coordinates should be relevant to tiles. The only way to fix it would be to add GraalControl.y / 16 to the y you're drawing at, which is nasty if GraalControl's y is not a multiple of 16.
Probably better to use things like worldx() and worldy() for that, perhaps with GraalControl.globaltolocalcoord() if needed, so that you do not need to really worry about whether the GraalControl's position is a multiple of 16 or not.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Graal Administration
There can be problems with showpoly or so with the GraalControl not being at (0,0), those will not be worked on in the near future because they are less important. You don't necessary need to provide editor functionality for trial players.

When posting bugs then please don't just post a picture, please also give a short description of the problem because it's not always easy to guess what you want to say and it's not easy to follow the discussion.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:22 AM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
There can be problems with showpoly or so with the GraalControl not being at (0,0), those will not be worked on in the near future because they are less important. You don't necessary need to provide editor functionality for trial players.

When posting bugs then please don't just post a picture, please also give a short description of the problem because it's not always easy to guess what you want to say and it's not easy to follow the discussion.
I have a problem with people wanting to let me know I type too much. ;o

Problem 1: Online Level Editor

Each picture shows the problem, and a short description..
I clicked on the one tile, dragged down one tile and it shows me clicking on the ones three tiles above...
It is very confusing and I'd much prefer using V5 to V6 because of it.
I am a classic account and will not be purchasing a subscription to use an online level editors for V6.
I am also creating levels on a Mac, so I won't be buying a PC to use an offline level editor either..

Possibly sometime in the future I could buy windows for my mac, or get a dev account for apple to be able to download xcode to be able to use the hardly worked on gonstruct I've heard about in the past. Other then that I guess I should stick with V5 for all my level creating needs. D:

I did post a short description for this one in and out of the picture...

Problem 2: Nasty Green Body Backgrounds [NGBB's] for short jk
V6 or V6/Macs seem to show certain bodies in green..
PC players see the body fine... or V5 players see the body fine.. or V6 PC players see the body fine..

I assumed pictures would explain it better, because without pictures no one seems to understand what I am talking about, like the F7 Playerlist and disconnection problem for V6 that I mentioned before... the discussion died until I posted pictures further explaining the problem.. I believe that was because without the pictures no one really understood the problem..

I thought because I was posting in V6 and Mac room, the picture was self explanatory, sorry...
:[

Quote:

EDIT: This may not be the bug I'm thinking of—it seems to be the same one Tig was having with his level editor, but I thought it was fixed.
Sounds about right, it doesn't happen on V5, and I couldn't really say what is wrong..
I didn't create the tile editor, and I've looked at it in hoping to reposition the tile arrays so that you could use pics1 to show in an organized manner..

Instead the OLE script confused the heck out of me, and I didn't understand a thing that was going on in it. ^.^

Because it is too confusing for me... I can only say it doesn't work on V6, and can't give input on what is wrong or how to fix it...

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Last edited by Devil_Lord2; 05-06-2011 at 05:35 AM..
Old 05-13-2011, 06:48 PM
David K?
I've been having the same problem with some of the 'external' windows that pop out from the client not working. It's occurred three times since the last two times and I was told to take pictures which are unnecessary, and try to figure out how they are doing it.

Still unsure how to recreate the scenario besides having Graal and those pop-out windows in the background, I am also not sure but the fix seems to be clicking in and out of the windows a few times, relentless trying, and clicking into the main Graal window. I've also tried right clicking the application at the bottom of my dock and click on Graal... after a lot of things sometimes the external windows begin to work.

Again, Problem:
External Graal windows like PMs, Message list "I believe happened once", Options list, and ect.

You cannot use, close, minimize or do anything to the windows, except move them.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-14-2011, 12:09 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Glad to hear they will be worked out eventually. The editor I was having problems with a while back moved GraalControl down in order to make place for a toolbar.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Graal Administration
v6.004 has been uploaded to http://www.graalonline.com/downloads/beta/Graal_mac.zip :
(it is not auto-updating yet but we will try to get that working soon)

- Sounds are not stopped anymore when walking over the map, only looping sounds are stopped when walking between different maps or levels
- Tempus Sans ITC is the default game font again, like in v5
- The Tempus Sans ITC font is displayed non-bold for the Q menu, like in v5 - Fixed the download of tempsitc.ttf (Tempus Sans ITC) on the login server

- Fixed entering a gmap which has not been downloaded yet (was warping to the upper left corner of the map before)
- Fixed reinitializing DirectX9 after resizing the game window, this will fix problems in Atlantis
- Fixed attachplayertoobj on client-side on gmap if the npc is in another map part
- GuiMLTextCtrl: Fixed trimHorizontally() to also work with left-aligned text
- Changed window title clipping with wba/guistyles: when canclose, canmaximize and canminimize are false then it will allow drawing over the right edge (there might be a problem with right-aligned window titles, will eventually change that in one of the next versions)

Also fixed some scripts, independent from this version:
- When showing the playerlist it's using showtop() to make sure the player list appears above the Graal control and other windows (if showing the playerlist in-game)
- Fixed the quote field in the player profile so that it's showing more than one line
Old 06-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Graal Administration
Um you are not even using the Mac version I guess? x-x

Tags
graal v6, mac