Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2017, 05:56 PM
LimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura aboutLimetasticSlushy has a spectacular aura about
How goes it on the development? Haven't heard anything in a while about Bomy Island.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:14 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimetasticSlushy View Post
How goes it on the development? Haven't heard anything in a while about Bomy Island.
Sorry about that. I've been very busy at my Irl job, but it is a seasonal job that ends November 1st. After that I am going to spend a,lot of time on the server. In the past month or two we got a tremendous amount of work done, so much in fact I will be putting together a road map to completing the base server soon. I am very certain that I can get it done as well.

If you play the server, you will notice a lot of polish we have added recently including a new day/night system, hit effects and new sound effect i made added to mining rocks, status bar added to crafting jobs, and a totally sweet new sign system made by maximus_asinus. Along with quite a few other things. I also am not planning to tell you guys everything I'm working on because some of it is secret sauce.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:43 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I can't take full credit on the sign script. Callimuc had an almost working system on Bomy Islands before David broke it. I just fixed it and added HTML support and limited multiple choice. I still wish I could have got some help on scrollto() though.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:39 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Best thing I've done was hand you guys Bomy Islands. It's great to still see you guys still actively developing on it.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 11-16-2017, 01:44 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Ok quick update covering what's been recently done here.

>added cave tileset and retiled caves/mines near crafting area
>added a "hit effect" to mine rocks when they are hit by an axe
>also added a new sound effect for when mine rocks are hit (my first time making sfx!)
>added progress bars to crafting and baking jobs (replaces text showing %)
>re-added hp bar for mining axes so you know how long you have until it breaks
>added new say3 sign system and updated multiple signs, more to come
>updated mining bomb seller to have a multiple choice question for buying bombs (instead of text "buy bomb" command, but you can still use the command)
>updated farming areas to use new apple tree farming script/graphics
>Skyld completely rescripted the time system to be much more elegant and easy to manipulate things like scheduled events, seasons, am/pm time period detection, player login timing, etc
>Skyld also redid the day/night lighting effects
>he also updated the mining shop seller to use the new time system
>he updated window lighting effect to change depending on time
>he updated the player's health bar to sync much more reliably for all players who can see it, to make stuff like sparring better
>finally figured out Eye of the Beholder's weather system, and last night I wrote a quick database which will hold functions that control any weather that occurs

For anyone interested, I am going to see if I have enough time to work on a Christmas theme for Bomboria. There will ultimately be seasons and multiple scheduled events or holidays like Christmas, Graaloween, etc. It will be sort of similar to Animal Crossing, though that's unfair to the original devs of 2k1 considering they technically did it first.

If you want to see how the weather handling script is functioning, you can log in now and see the snow effect which randomly builds/declines and sometimes stops snowing. Also there will be Christmas lights in Bomboria at night time and Manny is looking festive.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:05 AM
Zxion is on a distinguished road
Something reminded me of Graal yesterday and I thought I'd check the forums to see what was up and wow! Looks like a lot of progress has been made on bringing back 2k1/Bomy Island! I am super excited to see where this project will go. I checked out the server and noticed a few bugs:

When I leave the train my character gets stuck and "unstick me" doesn't help. It sends me back to the starting point but I still can't move. It only gets fixed by a relog.

Bread baking seems to have some problems. Bako doesn't say anything when I go up to him and I don't see the scythe on the ground (is it supposed to be on the ground?). When I use the scythe my character's body goes naked and there is no head until I move. Also you can't see the wheat above your head after you get it and are walking around. The naked body thing also happens when I use the roller. When I go to get the bread stack it shows I have it but when I move it goes away so I can't pick up my rolled dough to put in the oven. Lastly, the timer on the rolled dough seems really fast to switch to no owner (seems to be about 15 seconds).

These are the only things I've found so far but I hope the baking gets fixed soon so I can check out all of the other stuff! Awesome job guys!

Last edited by Zxion; 11-28-2017 at 02:09 AM.. Reason: Make things a bit clearer.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:49 PM
G2k1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zxion View Post
My character is bugged
This is from having client flags from a previous time period in the server's years of existence. Try saying "/reset" next time if I'm not around to help. If you don't want to reset you can go to the tailor building in Harmonia and it should fix your appearance (until I script a more final system to handle all that).

If your account is reset most of those bugs will go away, although you're right that there is a bug with baking where some players don't see the bread on their stack. I never noticed the bug until yesterday when I reformatted my hard drive and re-installed Graal.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
This is from having client flags from a previous time period in the server's years of existence...
Ohh okay! Thank you for the quick reply! I thought that might have had something to do with it but I wanted to be as detailed as possible just in case.

Edit: I went to the tailor building and touched the human morph but it didn't seem to work so I did /reset. Things seem to be better now and it will let me select the clothing but won't let me change my hair, skin color or eyes. I've been trying to get what I want from the randomizer lol

Edit 2: Now it works for some reason. Weird!

Last edited by Zxion; 11-29-2017 at 04:49 AM..
Old 12-09-2017, 07:12 AM
I found a little bug where you can get stuck in a room in a playerhouse but can't get out because it isn't your room.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stuck.PNG
Views:	940
Size:	484.5 KB
ID:	56020  
Old 01-02-2018, 04:31 AM
G2k1
For anyone wondering, I fixed that glitch with the bakery where a lot of people didn't see the bread on their bread stack. Strangely it's like my old install of Graal was executing the same code in a different order. I fixed some other various bugs I found with the baking and pie baking jobs while I was at it, even though they were rare and tricky to cause. If anyone else can find and document more bugs with the baking job or any other job for that matter I will be handing out items like crafting axes, shovels, water cans, or even gralats for it.

Also I am wondering who ended up finding all the Christmas presents in Bomboria a week or 2 ago haha
Old 01-06-2018, 08:56 AM
G2k1
Some small updates here

>throwing items into the water now produces the correct 'splash' leap

>walking in a swamp area now slows the player down a small bit and has custom animations/sound effects

>the torch can now set bushes on fire (I had worked on this before but now it detects correctly). Soon I'll work on making it spread across multiple bushes and I'll add the ability to catch players on fire (the effect for it has been done, just gotta script a function to handle it in the player movement script).
Old 03-16-2018, 11:44 AM
G2k1
This is still work in progress. Haven't worked on the insides yet but I have designs in mind and want to include the kinds of stuff that was in the old Dustari castle like jails but this time there will be proper tiles for everything.

The castle doors have 3 frame animations and the front gate can be opened/closed by a Dustari member. Kingdoms now use a democratic system that ranks members by merit (i.e. factors like how long you've been logged in).

If no one logs in for a while, everyone is ejected from the Kingdom and whoever conquers it first gets to be King, but can be democratically ousted. Most if not all of this stuff I'm talking is already scripted by Skyld.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dustari.png
Views:	1561
Size:	421.5 KB
ID:	56044  
Old 11-25-2018, 06:10 AM
sandin has a spectacular aura aboutsandin has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sandin
sweet
Old 11-27-2018, 01:15 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I've been meaning to return to this project, I've just been bogged down with work. I'm not sure if Kamaeru still works on this.
Old 04-01-2021, 09:21 AM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
wuddup