Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Skyld Skyld is offline
Script-fu
Skyld's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,914
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Login server error box

Currently when you are unable to connect to the login server, after the "Cannot connect to the login server", the client just sits with a black screen.

Perhaps the client could close after this dialog box?
__________________
Skyld
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-15-2007, 01:50 AM
dNeonb dNeonb is offline
OOB
dNeonb's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,240
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb Send a message via Skype™ to dNeonb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Currently when you are unable to connect to the login server, after the "Cannot connect to the login server", the client just sits with a black screen.

Perhaps the client could close after this dialog box?
Somehow the message that the client is connecting to the loginserver never disappeares. I don't even get a message that it can't connect.
__________________

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-15-2007, 02:40 AM
coreys coreys is offline
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,180
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by dNeonb View Post
Somehow the message that the client is connecting to the loginserver never disappeares. I don't even get a message that it can't connect.
There are a lot of things that don't work for Windows XP, because apparently they never thought to test v5 on XP before releasing. ._.
__________________

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-15-2007, 06:20 AM
ReBorn_Spirit ReBorn_Spirit is offline
Tári o Taurë
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: North Dakota, USA
Posts: 1,060
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Currently when you are unable to connect to the login server, after the "Cannot connect to the login server", the client just sits with a black screen.

Perhaps the client could close after this dialog box?
How about it asks if you want to connect to the last known server you were on when there is no login server available. Would atleast let players do something instead of some single player game all day long.

Or even better yet, instead of just the start button on the login screen, have a button for last server you played... Still don't see whats all the fuss about this silly login server.
__________________
Daya (Developer)
Tári Daya Mar Sana (Forest)
Queen of Forest
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Skyld Skyld is offline
Script-fu
Skyld's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,914
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBorn_Spirit View Post
How about it asks if you want to connect to the last known server you were on when there is no login server available. Would atleast let players do something instead of some single player game all day long.

Or even better yet, instead of just the start button on the login screen, have a button for last server you played... Still don't see whats all the fuss about this silly login server.
The playerlist, serverlist, Scripted RC, and several other scripts are added to you while you are on the login server, and with the new version, actually logging in is being handled by the login server scripting too.

I don't really see any point in being forced to play on the last server you played on as a trial user.
__________________
Skyld
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.