Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2008, 12:01 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
There is a findplayerbycommunityname() function.
PHP Code:
this.long_function_slash_variable_names "evil"
Old 03-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
PHP Code:
this.long_function_slash_variable_names "evil"
True, but its ultimately shorter than the script neeeded if you don't wish to use it.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:08 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
There is a findplayerbycommunityname() function.
I know that, I said that it needs to be better integrated, it shouldn't be up to the scripters to change all their code to fit this, Stefan/unix should not do it if it will cause so many problems, or they should better integrate it.

Yes, I know that sentence is messed up, too lazy to fix it.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:43 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
I know that, I said that it needs to be better integrated, it shouldn't be up to the scripters to change all their code to fit this, Stefan/unix should not do it if it will cause so many problems, or they should better integrate it.

Yes, I know that sentence is messed up, too lazy to fix it.
Uhm, it isn't hard using the find function the script windows have integrated. You first copy 'findplayerbycommunityname', then you use the find feature and search for 'findplayer('. Now paste over it. Isn't that hard you know

And I've started to use findplayerbycommunityname() instead of findplayer() because findplayerbycommunityname() will first search for account names (woohoo, same as findplayer()), but if an account wasn't found, it will look for a community name!

Well, to the point. There isn't an problem unless you think findplayer + 13 (+2 for bracets) is to hard to write.

I'm just annoyed with all of those who moans about the Graal###### accounts, Yes, I don't like it myself, but it's good for the new players. They can play as a guest/observer, pay for an account, nad keep the items they made on the guest/observer account! And, you can say making your systems working with community and account names can be some extra training.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:02 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
Uhm, it isn't hard using the find function the script windows have integrated. You first copy 'findplayerbycommunityname', then you use the find feature and search for 'findplayer('. Now paste over it. Isn't that hard you know

And I've started to use findplayerbycommunityname() instead of findplayer() because findplayerbycommunityname() will first search for account names (woohoo, same as findplayer()), but if an account wasn't found, it will look for a community name!

Well, to the point. There isn't an problem unless you think findplayer + 13 (+2 for bracets) is to hard to write.

I'm just annoyed with all of those who moans about the Graal###### accounts, Yes, I don't like it myself, but it's good for the new players. They can play as a guest/observer, pay for an account, nad keep the items they made on the guest/observer account! And, you can say making your systems working with community and account names can be some extra training.

Actually, I think findPlayerByCommunityName() rather looks for the community names first. Would make no sense otherwise, and old accounts have their account as the community name.
Also, just replacing findPlayer() with findPlayerByCommunityName() can cause soooooo many problems. It depends where its used, seriously. If you only change it in one script, and a string with an account inside is used somewhere else and its not changed there yet...kapoof, broken stuff, enjoy.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:16 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Actually, I think findPlayerByCommunityName() rather looks for the community names first. Would make no sense otherwise, and old accounts have their account as the community name.
Also, just replacing findPlayer() with findPlayerByCommunityName() can cause soooooo many problems. It depends where its used, seriously. If you only change it in one script, and a string with an account inside is used somewhere else and its not changed there yet...kapoof, broken stuff, enjoy.
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...0&postcount=11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
findplayerbycommunityname() is actually first checking for the account (because that is faster), and then trying to find a player with the community name matching the parameter. So it should work in any case - finds players by account name exactly like findplayer(), but also works if you provide a community name. May be findplayer() could be changed to do that as well, might only need to optimize it a little bit.

Won't cause any problems though.. It checks for the exact same thing as findplayer() but is also checking for community names..
Old 03-12-2008, 05:45 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...0&postcount=11

Won't cause any problems though.. It checks for the exact same thing as findplayer() but is also checking for community names..
Quite interesting :o
Old 03-12-2008, 05:59 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Quite interesting :o
Hehe
Old 03-12-2008, 07:00 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
You only need findplayerbycommunityname() for scripts involving input/output of the account name to/from the player.

MUD data and all that should still use findplayer().
Old 03-12-2008, 10:21 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

I know, I'm saying Stefan should better integrate it, it shouldn't be up to the developers to go back and rescript everything (some systems would require some major rescripting).
Old 03-12-2008, 11:54 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
(some systems would require some major rescripting).
Not really
Old 03-13-2008, 01:18 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Not really
*some* would.

Mind, only if you design your scripts poorly, but still, they should better integrate it.