Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 11:11 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Servertime

Has anyone else noticed that the servertime is wrong?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:50 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
actually, i think its right, because at 24:00 on my tab on graal, the birthdays on the forums change.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:56 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
There should be a similar thread somewhere around here, with a few us mentioning the same thing. The servertime on servers (the timevar2 variable to be precise) is far from always accurate most of the time.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-28-2008, 03:23 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
If it's just the timezone being off, its probably right. Since then it's most likely the correct time of the server location. Though, on alot of u/c servers, it's off by minutes aswell, which basically sucks.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:01 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
If it's just the timezone being off, its probably right. Since then it's most likely the correct time of the server location. Though, on alot of u/c servers, it's off by minutes aswell, which basically sucks.
On the login server the time is 8 minutes behind according to my clock.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:15 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Or is your clock 8 minutes ahead?

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:41 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
Or is your clock 8 minutes ahead?
Don't be a smart ass. The timevar2 variable is off by 7 minutes, 34 minutes, 1 hour and 45 minutes, and even sometimes up to several hours. It changes it's accuracy more often then I change socks.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 11-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Hired/Fired
I was not being a smart ass, I'm sorry that I don't assume my almighty pc clock is exactly the right time, The server time has always been right for me when i've seen it and I don't think its that big of a deal anyways.
(sorry about bringing this back someone neg repped me in here using caps to start every word and didn't leave a name)

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

Old 11-03-2008, 12:53 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
I was not being a smart ass, I'm sorry that I don't assume my almighty pc clock is exactly the right time, The server time has always been right for me when i've seen it and I don't think its that big of a deal anyways.
(sorry about bringing this back someone neg repped me in here using caps to start every word and didn't leave a name)
It's a huge deal for servers that want to have any form of dynamic world that triggers/change things depending on what time it is.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:52 AM
Hired/Fired
couldn't they just change them to fit it?

Eric Hoffer

Old 11-03-2008, 02:55 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
couldn't they just change them to fit it?
Yes, because having to manually modify a timevar2 every other day when it decides to spontaniously change is so optimal.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:12 AM
Hired/Fired
well couldn't they make it just loop or whatever every so often?

Eric Hoffer

Old 11-03-2008, 04:41 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
well couldn't they make it just loop or whatever every so often?
You don't seem the understand the issue.

Graal's built-in timevar2 variable changes itself from time to time to what appears as completely random values - there's only one thing that can fix it, and that's Stefan looking into it.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:12 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Rephrasing what Ziro said, Graal's time (used by scripts to tell time) is off. There's no way for a script to tell whether the time is off, because that's the only reference for time the script has, unless it wants to load data from a website or something.