Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Tįri o Taurė
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Ideas or improvements GK should have

Too many times have I not cared to even bother posting my ideas as either Nobody would listen, or nobody even cared. Bjorn might have cared in some way, but didnt have the will to sit down and try and do any ideas that were posted here.

Gender specific ranks or ranks that can be set equal to another. Seriously I don't think your Queen wants to be called King or Leader or Coleader, or the Priestess being called Priest all the time. Sure the system works right now if everyone is patient and willing to make a few sacrafices. But the options to make a single rank for everyone equally would be more then just nice. Since its in the players information on the server, on which gender to use for voice. You could use the same flag thing for the rank. Would just need to add a way to set both sides of the rank.

Events really shouldnt mess with the PM window, everytime someone hosts and event and that little join button is there, I have so many troubles even trying to send a message to people.

Diplomacy rights need to seperate from the more serious rights. Also Diplomacies need to be made so both kingdoms must agree to the alliance and cannot just break the alliance so one person can kill someone and never get hurt by the other because the kingdom leader isnt there. Some little box in the kingdoms window or something, waiting for someone to agree or disagree on it.

I could say a few thing about unstick me, but I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about. I won't even say more about this topic, I just know better.

Boats, I can see why Trials can't use boats, but the ferry system is there so people like I do not have to go into the dungeon and either map it out and put signs in there, or hold their hand to get them off the kingdom island. Observer mode is lame enough that it makes you wait a few minutes, making them run though the dungeon is just cruel as it generally takes more then a few minutes for many of them. Ever notice how we have only a single boat design? I'm supprized the Pirates haven't complained about this yet. This fishing tug boats are just rediculous. Whatever happened to a frigate or cruiser?

Kingdom houses, Oh sure they are fine and dandy. Just seems I'm always repairing mine and about 5 other peoples for little reason other then the decay over time. Thats not even to mention that every kingdom could have more then just 1 type of house, a simple list of 2 houses could be done if a second type is available. Forest for example has a new house design that I personally would love to use. I do not think it is morally correct to live inside of a mutated tree. Also I hear someone talking about house types like log cabins or brick houses, architects like CP has could have some fun with this but oh well. Oh heres another one, small shop tents... The list of things you could do with that is unreal.

Apples, yes we have apples and oranges on the server and nothing to do with them. Apply pie anyone? Seriously they are the one fruit types we have that cannot be grown. But we can plant flowers and wait half a day.

Chickens are unfinished, as are chicken eggs. I have a screenshot to prove it if you do not believe me.

Avatar needs to be fixed, holy servervant is another one that could be fixed. Avatar in general needs a new way to control is, as does the summon golem and elements. Not to mention how insanely weak they are.

Lords, remember when they moved? Now we can just pick them off a distance all we want and steal our own arrows back from them at will all day long for all the leveling we could dream of. Also we could just run around with a group of like 6 people with decent magic and just set traps and get a good continous income of EXP as they just spawn and die on their spawn points.

Fish are in only 2 places on the entire server. Its water and they like to explore, so maybe we need to start placing them elsewhere?

Birds are also missing from the game, though we have annoying bats that last for 3/4th the year after halloween is over.

A simple weather icon by the top right gui would be nice too. Simplistic little cloud with like 5 raindrops under it for example.. heavy rain.. these simple icons would be nice to determine what sort of rain it is for planting stuff.

Places to explore. Kingdom islands and then the main island itself is just not enough after about 2 weeks of playing the game to explore anything. I'd even be able to help make new water maps with very small islands to explore if you wanted. Simple places where a few shells roam maybe, and a half sunken boat with skeleton sailors walking around it. Whatever simple you know. Oh and fish... lol seriously what is up with fish.

I'm sure I could come up with more things that need to be done, but I'd better not as I have more then enough listed here. Oh and don't qoute all of this, we don't need to scroll for a few days please. If you have nothing good to say, don't even try to say it either. No spam..
Old 07-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
tldr.

My 2 cad.

1.) Actual party system with an actual party UI.
2.) Party oriented content.
3.) Level 110's should gtfo and level like the rest of us did.
4.) Useful craftable gear everyone can use.
5.) more dungeons, more ways to level so people don't have to resort to abusing bugs.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:44 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBorn_Spirit View Post
Gender specific ranks or ranks that can be set equal to another. Seriously I don't think your Queen wants to be called King or Leader or Coleader, or the Priestess being called Priest all the time. Sure the system works right now if everyone is patient and willing to make a few sacrafices. But the options to make a single rank for everyone equally would be more then just nice. Since its in the players information on the server, on which gender to use for voice. You could use the same flag thing for the rank. Would just need to add a way to set both sides of the rank.
I don't see why this is very necessary since you could just create two ranks. I'll ask for rights to it and if it ends up being an easy addition we'll add it.
Quote:
Events really shouldnt mess with the PM window, everytime someone hosts and event and that little join button is there, I have so many troubles even trying to send a message to people.
Been trying to get rights to fix that for months. I'll keep trying.
Quote:
Diplomacy rights need to seperate from the more serious rights. Also Diplomacies need to be made so both kingdoms must agree to the alliance and cannot just break the alliance so one person can kill someone and never get hurt by the other because the kingdom leader isnt there. Some little box in the kingdoms window or something, waiting for someone to agree or disagree on it.
That can be done easily. I will see about doing that for you.
Quote:
I could say a few thing about unstick me, but I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about. I won't even say more about this topic, I just know better.
I'm not sure whether or not to fix unstick me right now, it's something that should probably be discussed with the community.
Quote:
Boats, I can see why Trials can't use boats, but the ferry system is there so people like I do not have to go into the dungeon and either map it out and put signs in there, or hold their hand to get them off the kingdom island. Observer mode is lame enough that it makes you wait a few minutes, making them run though the dungeon is just cruel as it generally takes more then a few minutes for many of them. Ever notice how we have only a single boat design? I'm supprized the Pirates haven't complained about this yet. This fishing tug boats are just rediculous. Whatever happened to a frigate or cruiser?
Trials won't use boats.
Quote:
Kingdom houses, Oh sure they are fine and dandy. Just seems I'm always repairing mine and about 5 other peoples for little reason other then the decay over time. Thats not even to mention that every kingdom could have more then just 1 type of house, a simple list of 2 houses could be done if a second type is available. Forest for example has a new house design that I personally would love to use. I do not think it is morally correct to live inside of a mutated tree. Also I hear someone talking about house types like log cabins or brick houses, architects like CP has could have some fun with this but oh well. Oh heres another one, small shop tents... The list of things you could do with that is unreal.
It might be possible to create two types of houses based on which building flag you buy.
Quote:
Apples, yes we have apples and oranges on the server and nothing to do with them. Apply pie anyone? Seriously they are the one fruit types we have that cannot be grown. But we can plant flowers and wait half a day.
Well I wanted to see about adding apple trees and such so it's actually possible to get these items and then, yes, adding other things like apple pie.
Quote:
Chickens are unfinished, as are chicken eggs. I have a screenshot to prove it if you do not believe me.
What would you like to see chickens used for?
Quote:
Avatar needs to be fixed, holy servervant is another one that could be fixed. Avatar in general needs a new way to control is, as does the summon golem and elements. Not to mention how insanely weak they are.
That's something Stefan has to fix.
Quote:
Lords, remember when they moved? Now we can just pick them off a distance all we want and steal our own arrows back from them at will all day long for all the leveling we could dream of. Also we could just run around with a group of like 6 people with decent magic and just set traps and get a good continous income of EXP as they just spawn and die on their spawn points.
Lords stopped moving because they were generating server lag, it might be possible to recript them and have them working again.
Quote:
Fish are in only 2 places on the entire server. Its water and they like to explore, so maybe we need to start placing them elsewhere?
Could be done, seems trivial.
Quote:
Birds are also missing from the game, though we have annoying bats that last for 3/4th the year after halloween is over.
Need graphic makers.
Quote:
A simple weather icon by the top right gui would be nice too. Simplistic little cloud with like 5 raindrops under it for example.. heavy rain.. these simple icons would be nice to determine what sort of rain it is for planting stuff.
That could be added, yes. I'll see about getting that added for you, would you mind making the graphics for it?
Quote:
Places to explore. Kingdom islands and then the main island itself is just not enough after about 2 weeks of playing the game to explore anything. I'd even be able to help make new water maps with very small islands to explore if you wanted. Simple places where a few shells roam maybe, and a half sunken boat with skeleton sailors walking around it. Whatever simple you know. Oh and fish... lol seriously what is up with fish.
We're working on more content like other islands.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 07-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Tįri o Taurė
Quote:
Originally Posted by OasaTor_PK View Post
tldr.

My 2 cad.

1.) Actual party system with an actual party UI.
2.) Party oriented content.
3.) Level 110's should gtfo and level like the rest of us did.
4.) Useful craftable gear everyone can use.
5.) more dungeons, more ways to level so people don't have to resort to abusing bugs.
Yes all good ideas, even though a bit lacking of detail. #5 would be included with adding water maps with small islands btw, could also be linked to #4 for ingredients for harder items to make. Would be nice to have a party system anyways that told us how our buddies were doing or where they were on the map. Every other game you play online has this allready.

Thanks for the quick replies btw Tig. The main reason for any of this is mostly for content to keep the server interesting. As for the new islands, I'm more then capable of developing the outside gmaps if you want some help making a few or just getting the water/islands done. I can even place trees on them and some roads if you really want. I have plenty of time to do level editing. If you really want mud icons for a weather system I'll see if I can make a few for you. However have no idea what you would want the gui for it to look like so I woulnt be able to start until you had a general idea. Also there are more capable graphcis people around that might like to put in their 2 cents.

Chickens btw are a great way to get the "food" item. And yes Trials cannot use boats, but I was meaning the kingdom ferry.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Nature2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Nature2 Send a message via AIM to Nature2 Send a message via MSN to Nature2 Send a message via Yahoo to Nature2
i would like that a party gives more exp then getting exp alone )=

that makes friends!
Old 07-26-2008, 11:44 PM
Tįri o Taurė
some other people have been talking to me about ideas, though I know they should probably get a forums account of their own and post their ideas. I know from experience their tendancy to be lazy only means their ideas will be lost to the sands of time.

In other words, I feel I should just post them so they are atleast mentioned. I have added a few thoughts to their ideas at this point to so its not just theirs anyways...

- GK Wood mills cut only 1 log at a time, while the grains mill will process 10 items at once. It would be nice to cut 5 or 10 logs at a time as well for when your building a house or a boat. Wouldnt require you to sit there and wait for awhile while someone else can steal your boards on the other side. Also would be nice if those boards that came out the other side were locked to your account for a minute or two, so people cannot steal them, especially with the observer mode thing with trials.

- The shop tables that can be made for player shops, though they look nice with that top fabric canopy, perhaps a way to hide them to see what is behind them would be a good idea. Maybe make them semi transparent for when you walk behind them. Or make some optional tables that do not have them at all.

- GK Item descriptions seem too long for a few items. The name could be sperated onto a different line, away from the stats of the item. This might help a few people with smaller screens actually as some of them cannot read all of an items statistics. It would also be nice as the first line does seem a little long anyways even on a 1440x900s screen like mine.

- Bomboria as described by Bjorn, is the Capital of the main island. Though in my opinion doesnt look like a capital, it is a rather large town. Having a medieval town or castle would make more sense to have the farm areas closers to the outside of the town anyways, and the fences around these "farms" seems to restrict moment too much as it is. Pancake for one thinks the farms are too small, I on the other hand just don't even care what size they are.

- Gems, the item name and the picture seem to say two different things if not more. Saphire and rubies are the better example of this. Says "Saphire" when the image has 3 of them, item has only 1 of them. I know its probably a graphic thing but yea whatever, Pancake wanted me to mention it. Maybe we should just make it say saphires lol. This does seem trival at best though.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:45 PM
Chris500 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature2 View Post
i would like that a party gives more exp then getting exp alone )=

that makes friends!
I agree. I would like a party exp buff too, like in other games.

One thing i'd like to mention that fighting with magic nowadays is kinda pointless. The only spell people ever use is large bullet, or not even spells but heavy rods. It's disappointing that out of like 100 spells/prayers we restrict ourselves to 1 or 2 because they follow the player or rods because of instant cast.

Other than that I like most everything else suggested in this thread =] sounds like if most of these things ever get done GK's going to be in a lot better shape.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Nature2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Nature2 Send a message via AIM to Nature2 Send a message via MSN to Nature2 Send a message via Yahoo to Nature2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris500 View Post
I agree. I would like a party exp buff too, like in other games.

One thing i'd like to mention that fighting with magic nowadays is kinda pointless. The only spell people ever use is large bullet, or not even spells but heavy rods. It's disappointing that out of like 100 spells/prayers we restrict ourselves to 1 or 2 because they follow the player or rods because of instant cast.

Other than that I like most everything else suggested in this thread =] sounds like if most of these things ever get done GK's going to be in a lot better shape.
the spells need cooldowns so its possible to make intresting effects in it
for example:

-ice spells freeze the player for a little time
-any burning spell hits player like poisen for a short time
-pets can be used with mouse/maybe aiming a player to hit him
-and some of the current effects need to fixed anyways like fear,confusing,slow etc.. they dont work or the effect is not strong enough so its worth using it
-bullets need a cooldown too so ppl cant spam it (its very annoying you always have to run)

right now 90 procent spells is pure damage < thats boring and you cant make a good tactic

i would like that bile isnt immune against curse spells
Old 07-27-2008, 11:45 AM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
the part where the guy posted a wall of text was cool but i really liked where the second guy broke down his entire post into a dozen sections and replied individually to each one. i'm really glad i watched that movie.