FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 05:56 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimChao View Post
Now you're just taking what I said from one point in the ball park, and throwing it to the completely opposite corner.

I have no problem breaking this down into the smallest piece I can think of taking it right now, to further explain to you how the forums are handled on Unholy Nation (no matter how off topic that it may now be):

When it comes to the UN Suggestions category of the forums, we let players give their own personal suggestions to better the server. Not once did I say, or even hint that we organize the significant from insignificant posts the way you're presenting. We read through the posts, obviously, and if it's a suggestion we're sure we can have done (or do right away) that has the three things I brought up in my earlier post (Time, thought and logic), we'll reply to it accordingly. I don't know how often you use the forums on the server, but if you did you'd realize that there are a lot of threads that are self answered by the people who post in them, and outrageous ones a like. While there are a lot of good ones, there are an equal amount of bad ones (most of which are deleted before they get any decent time to get replied to).

On top of that, I'm not sure how fair it is for you to throw this all on me like I have time to juggle my personal life, organize the server/it's development, and reply to every single suggestion thread that ever goes through the forums. There's a lot more to my volunteered position on this server than sitting and clicking refresh on the forums, so that I can reply with the proper answer to it right away. On top of that, I usually run anything significant by some of the Developers (IE. Joe, _Zelph) and higher/older staff within the teams for their opinions on the things as well. If we just made a bucket load of spontaneous suggestions based on one player's want, there would be so much on this server with no primary role for anyone other than the person who suggested it. Does that make sense?

Just to give you a ball park idea about how uncaring I am about UN's community... I probably get more PMs in a couple hours than most players get in an entire week of playing the server. There was a point in time (prior to the PM add-on you'll see if you try to message me now) that PMs for me was like sitting, and responding detailed to every single mass message that goes out on the server. Because unlike most past staff members, I try to take the time to respond to all the whys and hows of the PMs I receive- from everybody that I get them from. A few PMs sometimes slip under the radar, but mostly it's because I'm busy responding to the other PMs, and the player logs out.

I really don't know what else to say to your post from there. You're free to form an opinion about it, present it, and support it as much as you want. If you genuinely have a problem with me, though, you'd be best to PM me so we can resolve it. If that won't work for you, I hate to put more on their table, but there's always the Support Center where you're free to submit a ticket about staff corruption. Because in reality, what you described is nothing but staff corruption and should be de-rooted from a server as quickly as possible.

Nothing I'm saying am I trying to say in a hostile manner, or pompously. I'm just trying to break it down so you understand me a little better . I will not respond to this topic any further unless it pertains to the Capture The Flag maps.
yes, welcome to being a manager. don't act like i'm posting ignorance about something i know nothing about, because i do know what it means to be a manager. that doesn't give you an excuse, nor an out of the situation

you setup in-game forums instead of focusing on the official graal ones, and you thought people were going to take them seriously? obviously some will, but like you said, most of the posts are self-answered and stupid. if you are going to have your own forums separate from the ones that actually matter, then i'm surprised you weren't prepared for it ahead of time (as it seems like you weren't from your post)

as to the relation of CTF, i don't see what it is your could be working on that is more important than player suggestions, and i say that because you don't give the players any information about what it is you are doing. sure you're juggling a personal life and other such activities - does that mean you can't post a thread (preferably in these forums) about it? how long does it take you to write up an information-based post about things, or to appoint someone to do it for you? if you are spending your time answering PMs, then i'm sure you can spend some of that time posting a thread that you could have everyone read instead of personal responses for everyone. i'm not throwing it all on you - you just happen to be the only staff member of UN that actually posts here, who else could i throw it on?

and just to make sure, i also wrote this and my previous message with no animosity intent. it's just that the way you are handling player requests make it appear as if you don't give them any time or thought at all with no response, or you make players wait because of other mysterious projects that every single staff member is apparently working on but we have no information about. take my spar leagues example: i told you exactly how much time it would take to make it happen, what would be needed, and why it would be a simple matter of changing around TCspar in order to let spar mods host small leagues every week or so since UTC has lost a lot of it's meaning to sparrers. and what did you tell me? you said that the staff was working on other projects that were taking up so much of their time that they had no time to spend on changing around the levels in upper TCspar or to script the extremely simple commands to make it actually work, and that you would get to it later. that was several months ago - i have no information on these "current projects" i have no information about what you even think about any type of independent sparring leagues on UN, and what i do see is staff warping about having fun, or making mass messages about whatever
Old 08-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is a jewel in the roughDeophite18 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
I agree with Deo that adding more maps would perhaps make CTF better and more exciting, however, it isn't really too much of a priority and is pretty much minuscule compared to some of the other projects you're working on. Therefore, I understand that it might take a while for it to be actually up and running. However, if it does come out ^.^
UN doesn't have the same type of priorities as Era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimChao View Post
On a side note, I'll have Clev's PK looked at, and I'll have a scripter look at Castle Wars as well.
While we are talking about broken stuff, maybe you can get a NAT to fix the other spar viewer? Iv personally PMed several NAT's mentioning it to them many times in the past seeing if they wouldd fix it but they ignore me. So, it remains broken. Couldn't be difficult since the other one works just fine.

I think once the pet system is done, player suggestions should be taken more into account. It is after all the players which keep the server popular. UN only gets a new event like once like every 8 months if that. Quests there take 2 hours max so this is what keeps players entertained. IMO it is a priority after fixing broken stuff.

An idea:
Maybe create a team devoted soley to ET Dev. We had something like this on classic which helped keep events new and interesting because they were always being worked on. I noticed shadow is a ET LAT now or whatever. I don't think it would be difficult getting a NAT & GAT added to the team as well.
Zting Ğarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 08-25-2009, 04:04 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
ET Dev Team @ Deo:

Shadow - GAT
Frixxy - LAT
GK - NAT
Old 08-25-2009, 04:11 AM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
The team has been around for a while now, it's just had some bumps the past couple months. Shadow was just hired to help GK tweak, and fix the event glitches.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:15 AM
graal player lord
They need to kick it in gear IMO.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:22 AM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
We just discussed that a couple days ago. You may have noticed some smaller things already changed. IE: The tournament hall, etc.

I made the bug report post on UN's forums for this specifically.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:01 AM
Coldest Ice
The_Ice_Cold is on a distinguished road
I think Mystic touched on a good subject earlier.

UN has a pretty large player count for being a pretty classic server. Why not set up a competition and see if players could come up with CTF maps and then have the NATs work in the scripting?
Old 08-26-2009, 08:42 PM
graal player lord
I currently am working on a new CTF gmap.
Haven't started it quite yet but will consist of:
Bigger
More Shape
Inside cave area's as a GMAP as well
Lots of detail
More paths
No clue if Streety is going to use it yet.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
Bigger
Oh, I'd like to see a smaller version making it a lot more compact with a lot of violence!!
Old 08-27-2009, 02:38 AM
graal player lord
I'm going to make it a big gmap (will be compact as well though), with alot of twists to it. Which makes it fair so you don't have to do alot of running around to catch someone. I'm also going to try and prevent door laming

!PLEASE!
If you guys have any suggestions on what you would like to see with a new CTF map, please reply on this thread to let me know, I can't read your minds.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Coldest Ice
The_Ice_Cold is on a distinguished road
That's pretty cool Imp. I'm looking forward to the final product
Old 08-28-2009, 12:10 AM
graal player lord
*Update*

Basic Structure so far:
The GMAP will be positioned horizontal, I'm currently in the process of making it fairly the same size, but a bit more compact.

Suggestion in the process:
I'm planning to prevent door laming at whatever costs, so therefore there will not be doors, it's going to be a suprise and different from the old CTF map.

Public Notice:
The old CTF map will stay, that way you have a decision to play either.