Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Offset a gani's x,y position in player.attr[]

I currently have a few animations that use particle effects that I would like to use without having to make new ones just to offset it by 0.5. I've never been in a situation where I feel like it's be more practical to somehow modify the x/y instead of just creating a new gani. Is there any way to access and modify the properties of a gani stored in a players attributes or will i need to just create new ones? I don't mind spending the two minutes fixing each one but if I can just manipulate it I'd rather do that.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:36 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Try:

findani("particleani").offsetx = .5;
Old 06-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Try:

findani("particleani").offsetx = .5;
Cool thanks. Another question do you know if there is anyway to display two by using 1 attribute and have them both display at the same time? Example:

player.attr[11] = {"oooyoutouchmytalala.gani", "mydingdingdong.gani"};

edit: just realized this is my 1000th post
Old 06-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Also remember offset is clientside like zoom. And alpha, so you' ll have to embed it in the ganiscript for other players to see as well.

For the second I don't think so.

Can try:
Findani().playerlook = false;
Findani().actor.attr[2] = "bleh.gani";

But I highly doubt that will work.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:50 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
Another question do you know if there is anyway to display two by using 1 attribute and have them both display at the same time? Example:

player.attr[11] = {"oooyoutouchmytalala.gani", "mydingdingdong.gani"}
Are you trying to display two ganis at once, or two different types of particles attached to the gani?
Old 06-15-2013, 09:53 PM
AGT
dylan has a spectacular aura about
If you're trying to attach to animations or particles to the player, you're going to have to combine them into a single animation or assign them to different attrs.

I'd suggest doing a system for these types of things, so maybe attrs 10-15 would be for particles or so that way you could normally have enough space to fulfill your desires and it wouldn't be overrun by other scripters.

<@Logan> I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
<@Logan> I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"