Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 01:58 AM
Era's Most Wanted
tstre has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Inactive Gangs

You guys [Era Management] say the gang system is failing because of inactive gangs/raids. Well, maybe gangs would be more active if you people stop disabling **** from gangs. Disabling points from Gang ULMS? Come on, really Tim? What's the point of having a 'GANG' ULMS if you're taking away the fun from it. This is why gangs are inactive because they want to see GOOD changes, not worse...It has nothing to do with the GangSystem failing, it's YOU guys making it fail.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:06 AM
Era Developer
Bl0nkt will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Bl0nkt
Gang system is being remade by me. I'm working my hardest to finish it in a timely manner while also making it stable and fun.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:28 AM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstre View Post
You guys [Era Management] say the gang system is failing because of inactive gangs/raids. Well, maybe gangs would be more active if you people stop disabling **** from gangs. Disabling points from Gang ULMS? Come on, really Tim? What's the point of having a 'GANG' ULMS if you're taking away the fun from it. This is why gangs are inactive because they want to see GOOD changes, not worse...It has nothing to do with the GangSystem failing, it's YOU guys making it fail.
Wasn't Gang ULMS being abused because the system currently is flawed?
Old 03-24-2012, 02:35 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
Wasn't Gang ULMS being abused because the system currently is flawed?
Pretty much, one gang controlled the events team (ETA, Asst, 4-5 ETs) and said gang was capable of earning thousands more points than any other gang could even muster via Gang ULMS.

The event still allows you to PK with your gang mates and earn good money (double drop money from gang kills man). I see nothing wrong with it being how it is, I mean.. they just added it and it was obviously in need of such change.

Yeah, and gangs just died because they altered an event that they just added a few weeks ago.
Logical.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:55 AM
Era's Most Wanted
No, I'm not saying it died because of that, it's just another thing added to the list. Gangs died overtime, as is obvious. Currently, there are 86 people on Era. No raids are going on, hmmmm I wonder why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Pretty much, one gang controlled the events team (ETA, Asst, 4-5 ETs) and said gang was capable of earning thousands more points than any other gang could even muster via Gang ULMS.

The event still allows you to PK with your gang mates and earn good money (double drop money from gang kills man). I see nothing wrong with it being how it is, I mean.. they just added it and it was obviously in need of such change.

Yeah, and gangs just died because they altered an event that they just added a few weeks ago.
Logical.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:02 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Currently, there are 86 people on Era. No raids are going on, hmmmm I wonder why?
They are too busy enjoying the new flower picking system. Thuglife ain't always bout shootin' but somtimes it bout picken them flowers.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:08 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
You have to think honestly here. Not a single thing is going to make gangs active again. It took a while, but the old gang system died eventually because of people leaving. You add something, that spikes gang activity for a month or two. More if you're lucky. Then it just dies off again. In the end, the gang system is dying because of lack of gang activity. The incentive to be in a gang or party is the fact you can go power-own by siding with a gang of elite PKers who aren't lone wolves to prove dominance.

Fact of the matter is, there aren't enough people playing to make gangs worth it. Therefore, activity is killing gangs. Not the systems. Proof is in the fact that less elaborate systems (No points, not perks, no literal control over an area) succeeded exponentially better with hundreds of people online all the time than the current system does which rewards you for being part of a gang at all. What people we do have playing now really prefer going out and killing people on their own.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 03-24-2012, 03:13 AM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
No, I'm not saying it died because of that, it's just another thing added to the list. Gangs died overtime, as is obvious. Currently, there are 86 people on Era. No raids are going on, hmmmm I wonder why?
I seriously don't know why you would even support a flawed system that gave one gang an advantage.... You remind me of PowerProNL....
Old 03-24-2012, 05:55 AM
Era's Most Wanted
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
I seriously don't know why you would even support a flawed system that gave one gang an advantage.... You remind me of PowerProNL....
I don't know you, soooo gtfo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
You have to think honestly here. Not a single thing is going to make gangs active again. It took a while, but the old gang system died eventually because of people leaving. You add something, that spikes gang activity for a month or two. More if you're lucky. Then it just dies off again. In the end, the gang system is dying because of lack of gang activity. The incentive to be in a gang or party is the fact you can go power-own by siding with a gang of elite PKers who aren't lone wolves to prove dominance.

Fact of the matter is, there aren't enough people playing to make gangs worth it. Therefore, activity is killing gangs. Not the systems. Proof is in the fact that less elaborate systems (No points, not perks, no literal control over an area) succeeded exponentially better with hundreds of people online all the time than the current system does which rewards you for being part of a gang at all. What people we do have playing now really prefer going out and killing people on their own.
This gang system was active for about a week, nothing works for it. It's basically useless now, and I think we should revive the (Old) Gang System.
But hey, I guess that's just me.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:47 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Fact of the matter is, there aren't enough people playing to make gangs worth.
Which is why iEra should be accessible via the PC Client
Old 03-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
This gang system was active for about a week, nothing works for it. It's basically useless now, and I think we should revive the (Old) Gang System.
But hey, I guess that's just me.
To what point or purpose? Revive something that worked for a high volume playercount in a low player count environment, the low player count being the reason it failed after so many years in the first place? I don't begrudge your personal opinion, that's fine and I would be inclined to agree that the old system worked just fine, it was just not very user friendly in the gang-administrative aspect (Everything chat commands), but we don't have enough players and that's the evil we must deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
I see the pros and cons of that. Pros obviously being the fact we'd have the player body to play with. But cons are rather significant. Things such as 4G vs Cable/Fibrewire/ADSL+ connections. But most significantly: The fact that if this were to happen, it should've happened at conception of the idea because now iEra has established it's setup and if people were forced to go to iEra from Era, where it has it's own established setup, it'll never feel the same to old players.
On the other hand, if it were just a choice to go there with PC, then it only buries Era deeper if people start going there instead.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 03-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Era Developer
Bl0nkt will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Bl0nkt
Quote:

In Era's old days it had roughly the same playercount as it does now. The difference was that the community was dog-eat-dog and to succeed you had to play the game with effort and keep in mind that to be successful you had to be liked. Of course, you can't exactly bring back the elitist, smug players that actually -helped- the game, but a proper system could effectively solve the "boring gangs" issue, which is what my current project is on.

I haven't published the details to the official forums (note, official forums), but believe me that I am working hard on creating an enjoyable experience that is unique. I'll do a small presentation complete with videos once I get a working version with everything done.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
no1 competitive would play on an ipad or iphone ever again

@tsa wtf r u talking about? gangs have the potential to be very active, there simply aren't many raids since avantgarde is a disgusting base
Old 03-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Cassini
defaultaccount is on a distinguished road
Two weeks ago every time I went into aventguard there was 4-7 people raiding at all times. This was humbolt death squad ect. I don't think the problem has anything to do with the system. Gang points should be spent on things that make raiding fun: gas, bombs. The base should also be designed like the old ones with 2-3 floors.

Not to mention with the old system there would be 3 weeks to a month of complete inactivity
Old 03-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
i don't recall that. i came back playing in the summer of 2010 and gang activity with the old system never faded, and BH always used to win that's why the system was changed by big mad wil, together with the guns
only alf could've hired him lmao