Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Quite true, there are often many variables that decide whether you are a good sparrer, or just win a lot. I suggest we have a client-wide tournament? Sort of like the Graalolympics or w.e. we had back in the day.
Even that would only be a means to suggest who the greatest sparrer is specifically for winning tournaments, which while arguably the biggest factor there can sometimes be sparrers who are much better over a larger number of spars against the same opponent, or sparrers who while very good are susceptible to the odd upset in a single spar.

For what it's worth, on the 2 occasions I won Classic's monthly I didn't really enjoy it so much as I felt I'd sparred very defensively, when most of the time I prefer to try and pick my opponent apart.
I think it's fair to say there are a lot more defensive sparrers who are "hard to beat" than sparrers with good attacking timing and instinct.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:54 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
very easy to say that the best sparrers are in US so call it a day boys - cronhawk
Old 08-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
kevin azite
Old 08-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Tortoise
Old 08-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
One question nobody brought up is how would you define the best sparrer?
There is somewhat of a difference between who wins the most, who is the hardest to beat, or who has the greatest technique etc.
I'd imagine the person who accomplishes all of those instead of one.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Have a tournament on each server and then a final bracket.

Essence would end up representing GK!
Old 08-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
googie
Old 08-02-2011, 01:34 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Trip
Old 08-02-2011, 03:03 AM
Zormite
Tortoise won the last Graalympics one I think...
Old 08-02-2011, 03:17 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
Tortoise won the last Graalympics one I think...
lol there was only one real graalympics, the others were hosted on random servers etc.

tortoise won the first fake one and came in second in the other. in the real one he didnt make top 3.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:34 AM
Babylon OG
Lord Sephiroth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lord Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
lol there was only one real graalympics, the others were hosted on random servers etc.

tortoise won the first fake one and came in second in the other. in the real one he didnt make top 3.
That being said he still racked up more tournament wins than anyone else over the course of those three or four years where sparring was HUGE. I'm not joining in the debate or fighting for anyones side, just giving credit where credit is due.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sephiroth View Post
That being said he still racked up more tournament wins than anyone else over the course of those three or four years where sparring was HUGE. I'm not joining in the debate or fighting for anyones side, just giving credit where credit is due.
Ya but he won on small servers like baby and delt whereas people like neo jenova were champs on UN which had a gigantic sparring community.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Perhaps we could have another tournament?

Yet, instead of it being solely on winning you get points for certain things. Like, for every win you get 3 points. Loss no points. Tie 1 point. That would make up half of your points, the other half of your points would be comprised of the health you have left. So lets say you won with 3.5 hearts left. You should be given 3.5 points. So on and so on for every spar (win obviously), and every participant is guaranteed 10 spars. Then at the end, all the points are totaled and you have the best sparrer. The health point system most practical use is to prevent ties, and give players perspective on how good they actually are. Also, if you are guaranteed 10 spars (not a 1 and done tournament) then players can relax and know that they can lose one spar and still be in the running. Of course the matches would be randomized so it isn't always good sparrers versus bad or the reverse.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Still wouldn't grant you the best sparrer. Someone might go a perfect 10 for 10 but finish all matches with 1 heart left, where as someone could go 6 for 10 but get through most of their wins unscathed. The 2nd sparrer would win on points although I would think the 1st guy better having won all their fights.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:24 PM
StormYs will become famous soon enough
Unixmad, no skills needed. Only the power to shut down graal when low on health. He can never lose!