FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worst

Alluring title, ain't it?

Anyways, this thread is about just what the title says. I was speaking with Sales a few days ago, and I brought up the subject of the very real and possible/probably failure of his "New" Era. I requested that if or when this happens, if he may backup this Era for a chance of returning.

private history removed

Last part is me hoping for the best , hehe.
I never did get a solid response after that, (disconnectedx2)... but I'd like to hear the thoughts of the general public. Lets hear it.

Last edited by cbk1994; 08-16-2009 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: please don't post private history without consent from the other party - read the rules
Old 08-16-2009, 05:42 PM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
Lol.....I wish theyd tell us whats going on in the dev server, so we can give feedback if we like it or not.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Pelikano can only hope to improve
I have hope that Era will be "repaired" by Sales.

I didn't have this hope when Deophite was still Manager, he was total failure and the only people actually doing something were Chris Vimes and Sales.

Now things have changed, I like the changes Sales has brought, such as Gang Weapons removed and the ticket system. (Even though I haven't tested it >.<)

So let's see what he does with Era Dev, I don't think it'll be finished before another person gets manager and decides to redo everything on Era Dev anyway.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:12 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
People like change. If era changes it WILL draw more people in, but something that will happen is the "replace the old with the new" Old players will leave (Or come back) and new players will come in.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Dragonosteel has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post

I didn't have this hope when Deophite was still Manager, he was total failure
*facepalms*
Old 08-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post
So let's see what he does with Era Dev anyway.
We will see, my simple point to him was that if it is a complete dud and players don't like it, we return to this state and get back to the drawing board... rather than forcing it on players like I predict he'll attempt to do.

Quote:
People like change. If era changes it WILL draw more people in, but something that will happen is the "replace the old with the new" Old players will leave (Or come back) and new players will come in.
No, people like the idea of change. The change to what is often the last thought on their mind, its human nature. We are never content, but once we have reaped what we sowed in our wish for change, we do one or two things. Indulge it or rebel against it. Players of all kinds where attracted to THIS Era. Of the "New" Era shys them away, I suggest we bring them back to this one WHILE we think of a new kind of change. Rather than forcing it on the players and pushing them away, sooner or later Era won't be the only Modern Server. And players will have an option.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
We're not planning on slapping together some alien world that is completely unfamiliar to the players and then releasing it without warning. "New Era" is just a term used to differentiate between the main server, and the dev server. On "New Era" we have been working to repair, reorganize, and more often than not, completely redo Era's outdated systems. Yes, we are also planning to bring in a lot of new features, but even those are not entirely unfamiliar.

I've told Chris and others, anything completed on the dev server that can be moved to the primary server will be once it is ready. This way we will be able to test it for bugs, and determine whether or not players even like it. There are a lot of things that will require server downtime or possibly a reset, but even then, we will put them through a beta testing period before forcing them on to you.

I believe I've said before that these kinds of flame-the-staff threads will not exist. Speculate all you want, but I'm not going to humor you anymore until you learn to contact me in a mature, respectable manner.

Last edited by salesman; 08-16-2009 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: not worth it
Closed Thread